US Election 2020: President Biden and VP Harris - The Aftermath (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The aftermath is being felt in Chicago where "the defund the police" campaign has done nothing other than what was expected. These fools like the Chicgao Mayor now go crying to "Crazy Joe" for help when the police have retired in record numbers. Idiots! Almost as insane as Texan Democrats!
Studies generally show that more police on their own doesn't equal better policing.

Fund services. Mandate a living wage.

I think there's been a massive backlash from the loser idiots, particularly in the poorly educated states. There's a huge anti-intellectualism movement going on where a College education is basically a black mark to these people. Science is looked down upon in the US like religion is in Australia.

Darwinism simply doesn't work fast enough.

I think there's been a massive backlash from the loser idiots, particularly in the poorly educated states. There's a huge anti-intellectualism movement going on where a College education is basically a black mark to these people. Science is looked down upon in the US like religion is in Australia.

problem is it doesnt stop there. do they start defunding science programs now that prove climate change or the fact the world is over 5000 years old?

The aftermath is being felt in Chicago where "the defund the police" campaign has done nothing other than what was expected. These fools like the Chicgao Mayor now go crying to "Crazy Joe" for help when the police have retired in record numbers. Idiots! Almost as insane as Texan Democrats!

Utter rubbish,
Guns and crimes in Chicago also happened under Trump.

Do you also view the inner city uneducated the same way or are you a hypocrite?

Do you also view the inner city uneducated the same way or are you a hypocrite?

This is specifically about lawmakers trying to prevent people being educated in an important health area. It goes for rural as well as urban areas. I don't think it discriminates.

It appears there's a good section of the population who think college makes you dumber and they're smart enough without it, despite Tennessee being bottom 10 in just about every education-related and economic-related measurable.

A lot of urban people actually want to go to college, but are deliberately deprived of the chance by laws and education departments which disadvantage inner-city areas.

An annual Gallup poll of American confidence in their institutions has shown growth from 2020 to 2021 in only case, the police.

1626388115344.png

This despite 2020 being a shocking year for the American police, with example after example of brutality and misuse of power. The only other institutions with majority confidence are the military and small business.

How has the riot at the Capitol and its response affected these responses? Liberals became so fearful of fascist ascent that support has manifested itself in the state's two most violent, authoritarian tools of force and aggression. America has returned to 2003-era fear and paranoia, ripe for exploitation and the stripping of civil liberties.

An annual Gallup poll of American confidence in their institutions has shown growth from 2020 to 2021 in only case, the police.

View attachment 1178541

This despite 2020 being a shocking year for the American police, with example after example of brutality and misuse of power. The only other institutions with majority confidence are the military and small business.

How has the riot at the Capitol and its response affected these responses? Liberals became so fearful of fascist ascent that support has manifested itself in the state's two most violent, authoritarian tools of force and aggression. America has returned to 2003-era fear and paranoia, ripe for exploitation and the stripping of civil liberties.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/1597/confidence-institutions.aspx

Or the public confidence in the police fell in 2020 ? Given the return to +50 it indicates the BLM etc DID affect public confidence

Which makes your hyperbolic rant seem - well hyperbolic

2020232533172*48
2019292431161*53
2014252831142*53
2012263028151*56
2011253130112*56
2009283129101*59

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1597/confidence-institutions.aspx

Or the public confidence in the police fell in 2020 ? Given the return to +50 it indicates the BLM etc DID affect public confidence

Which makes your hyperbolic rant seem - well hyperbolic

2020232533172*48
2019292431161*53
2014252831142*53
2012263028151*56
2011253130112*56
2009283129101*59

It affected it to the point of a one year drop before immediately upticking again without any major reform or institutional change? Cool.

Either way, what liberal wants a society where the three trusted institutions are small business, the military and the police? Perhaps worth reflecting on.

Also, my point is that the hyperbolic response to January 6 is now bolstering conservative institutions, so there's lots of hyperbole to go around it seems!

It affected it to the point of a one year drop before immediately upticking again without any major reform or institutional change? Cool.

Either way, what liberal wants a society where the three trusted institutions are small business, the military and the police? Perhaps worth reflecting on.
You use liberal like you know what it means

Gallup Polls dont just poll the left. They poll everybody

Perhaps worth reflecting on

You use liberal like you know what it means

Gallup Polls dont just poll the left. They poll everybody

Perhaps worth reflecting on

I used to be a liberal, although I wouldn’t have called myself that (due to the Australian tradition of liberalism being more transparent than the American). As Phil Ochs put it, ten degrees to the left of centre in good times, ten degrees to the right of centre if it affects them personally.

Of course it’s a poll of everyone. But we’re only seeing conservative institutions poll well. Organised labour has pitiful numbers, health and education are woeful compared to most other liberal democracies, and the media, with its dominant players being generally liberal, is horrendous. But armed forces, responsible for how much of the social violence and misery of the country and world, are comparatively fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, my point is that the hyperbolic response to January 6 is now bolstering conservative institutions, so there's lots of hyperbole to go around it seems!
Every liberal wants a society where the police and the military are trusted, and trustworthy. Even in America, police are largely trustworthy. Less so if your black of course.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I used to be a liberal, although I wouldn’t have called myself that (due to the Australian tradition of liberalism being more transparent than the American). As Phil Ochs put it, ten degrees to the left of centre in good times, ten degrees to the right of centre if it affects them personally.

Of course it’s a poll of everyone. But we’re only seeing conservative institutions poll well. Organised labour has pitiful numbers, health and education are woeful compared to most other liberal democracies, and the media, with its dominant players being generally liberal, is horrendous. But armed forces, responsible for how much of the social violence and misery of the country and world, are comparatively fine.
Conservative institutions? You know, the military still serves with a liberal government. The military may have more conservatives than liberals in it, and it may be conservative in that it prefers stability to radical change, but it is not conservative in a political sense as an organisation. Something actually required of it as an institution.

It's coming out that the Chairman of the joint chiefs was horrified by what Trump was saying post election and considered it an attempt to create a Reichstag moment. And had determined already it wasn't happening.

So, if Trump was thinking a "conservative" military was throwing in behind him, he was wrong.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Biden regime caught saying the quiet bit out loud admitting to collusion with big tech to censor free speech.

This is the definition of fascism.

Loved Joe's response that "the disinformation is killing people" ie "we decide what you can talk about for your own good" meanwhile Trumps lawyers are popping the champagne as his case was just proved from the white house podium.

The Biden regime caught saying the quiet bit out loud admitting to collusion with big tech to censor free speech.

Loved Joe's response that "the disinformation is killing people" ie "we decide what you can talk about for your own good" meanwhile Trumps lawyers are popping the champagne as his case was just proved from the white house podium.
Mate you are living proof you need to kept away from FaceBook etc

The amount of rubbish you spew in the name of ''sources'' is vomit inducing

Because Joe is RIGHT - the disinformation IS killing people - people refusing covid vaccines because magnets can stick to your arms or your internet gets better is the kind of information that dumb gullible people like yourself need to be kept away from

I for one welcome Joe Biden Internet Overlord

Because Joe is RIGHT - the disinformation IS killing people - people refusing covid vaccines because magnets can stick to your arms or your internet gets better is the kind of information that dumb gullible people like yourself need to be kept away from

The internet, more particularly so in the Trump era has proved there's such a thing as right and wrong and that some people's opinions clearly don't matter. The January Six revisionists for example, and the steady stream of misinformation about Covid being two examples where it is actually quite easy to dismiss people as idiots for their views.

We are all big tech now

Government censorship is RIGHT damnit!!

Welcome to 1930.

Free speech is tricky. And obviously its gone over your head.

The right for a platform to decide what can and cannot go on its platform IS FREE SPEECH.

Saying that Facebook or Twitter MUST carry my views, regardless of their terms of service, contravenes THEIR free speech. Me being blocked from saying whatever I want on THEIR platform, does not violate my freedom of speech, as I still have the right to say it, on whatever platform where it doesn't contravene terms of service. If the government mandates that they must not filter their own content in accordance with the terms of service all users must agree to, then this is a violation of the first amendment (of the platform, as corporations are treated like citizens in this instance).

If the government dictates to a company what its terms of service must exclude, then this violates the free speech rights of users, and the platform.

If a platform has decided that disinformation about covid cannot be disseminated on its platforms, and consults the government about what is and isn't disinformation, this is appropriate, and not a violation.

The RWNJs are trying hard to violate the rights of media organisations freedom of speech, by dishonestly claiming that these platforms right to freedom of speech represents an infringement of the rights of RWNJs speech. It isn't true, dont fall for it, your better than that.

Who determines what is information and what is misinformation? In March last year it was misinformation to say "Wearing masks will increase your protection in catching the virus" but now it's misinformation to argue against that. The claim that Covid came from a lab leak in Wuhan has wavered back and forth between being information and misinformation regularly. Would it have been misinformation in 2003 to claim Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, or would it have been misinformation to say it did not?

Certainly Jen Psaki suggesting that people banned from a platform for spreading misinformation should be banned from other or all platforms is a huge overstep and should be obviously a bad idea, and Psaki has time and again shown that she is no better than the Trump people who preceded her in that role (but nonetheless she attracts an inexplicable fandom).

Facebook is a clear monopoly and ought to be treated as such. These platforms increasingly determine what news and information we get access to and which gets hidden from us. They are public utilities. I remember at the end of the last century the internet was seen as this great glorious new possibility to democratise communication and information, but instead we see that it has both entrenched American global cultural domination and entrenched corporate control over said American culture. We should fight to win that back, not support these corporations as they gain more extraordinary power.

Who determines what is information and what is misinformation? In March last year it was misinformation to say "Wearing masks will increase your protection in catching the virus" but now it's misinformation to argue against that. The claim that Covid came from a lab leak in Wuhan has wavered back and forth between being information and misinformation regularly. Would it have been misinformation in 2003 to claim Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, or would it have been misinformation to say it did not?

Certainly Jen Psaki suggesting that people banned from a platform for spreading misinformation should be banned from other or all platforms is a huge overstep and should be obviously a bad idea, and Psaki has time and again shown that she is no better than the Trump people who preceded her in that role (but nonetheless she attracts an inexplicable fandom).

Facebook is a clear monopoly and ought to be treated as such. These platforms increasingly determine what news and information we get access to and which gets hidden from us. They are public utilities. I remember at the end of the last century the internet was seen as this great glorious new possibility to democratise communication and information, but instead we see that it has both entrenched American global cultural domination and entrenched corporate control over said American culture. We should fight to win that back, not support these corporations as they gain more extraordinary power.
You need to convince Americans to change the constitutional guarantee to free speech then, like remove it. Then you can regulate how these corporations run their business to your little hearts content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back