US Election 2020: President Biden and VP Harris - The Aftermath (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

In the wrongheaded belief that the Congress was seeking to overturn the democratic will of the people. And if that is indeed what the ruling class was doing (and it is, indeed, routinely what they do - just not in the way these protesters understand it), would a public uprising against these despots not be justified? And when the legal and legitimate President of the United States encourages and calls for this action, and people subsequently carry it out, and he's cleared of wrongdoing in the aftermath, can they truly be held to account for it?

Ironically, the feeling that drove many of the people that day, that there's a belittled class of ordinary people who get punished where the powerful get away with far greater indiscretions, has proven accurate. The fact some still don't realise Trump is as much a part of that as anyone is a sad indication of the state of modern, post-ideological politics.

100% Spiny - I'm not silly enough to believe the Democrats aren't cheating, manipulative, slimy characters any more than the GOP are but gee whiz, this blind faith in Trump and his moral agenda is bewildering from his supporters. The bloke literally has spent an entire lifetime of looking after himself and stepping on anyone who got in his road. He is the epitome of an old money signature who detests anyone who he considers is "beneath" him. But he has suddenly changed to now become a working class hero???
It is any wonder that despot regimes in various parts of the world can gain leverage (mind you often through violence) when you look at the absolute blind call to arms Trump supporters are currently part of. It is like a big gang that has created a connection for like minded, hard done by, white (males in general) citizerns. And they can't see it....

In the wrongheaded belief that the Congress was seeking to overturn the democratic will of the people. And if that is indeed what the ruling class was doing (and it is, indeed, routinely what they do - just not in the way these protesters understand it), would a public uprising against these despots not be justified? And when the legal and legitimate President of the United States encourages and calls for this action, and people subsequently carry it out, and he's cleared of wrongdoing in the aftermath, can they truly be held to account for it?

Ironically, the feeling that drove many of the people that day, that there's a belittled class of ordinary people who get punished where the powerful get away with far greater indiscretions, has proven accurate. The fact some still don't realise Trump is as much a part of that as anyone is a sad indication of the state of modern, post-ideological politics.
For some, the lies about the election "feel true" and that's sufficient.

However, this doesn't erase the difference between truth and falsehood.

You seem to be suggesting the January 6 rioters were broadly and morally correct about the corruption of the ruling class but were a bit sketchy on the details. So let's not be too critical.

You could say the same about QAnon. I mean, everyone knows the elites get away with all kinds of excesses. They might not literally be running a paedophile ring out of a pizza parlour or be eating babies, but the belief is understandable, right? So in a roundabout way, aren't QAnon believers right about everything except the details? When you put it like that, it feels true.

If people simply choose to believe the election was stolen because it's preferable to accepting their guy lost, because it feels true, that's going to end badly. There still needs to be a reckoning between truth and falsehood.

Last edited:

I'm not silly enough to believe the Democrats aren't cheating, manipulative, slimy characters any more than the GOP are but gee whiz, this blind faith in Trump and his moral agenda is bewildering from his supporters.
Well, the Democrats haven't undermined faith in democracy as the GOP have, so there's a material difference between the two parties.

One party is now required by its base to claim the last election was "stolen".

It's not same-same.

The bloke literally has spent an entire lifetime of looking after himself and stepping on anyone who got in his road. He is the epitome of an old money signature who detests anyone who he considers is "beneath" him. But he has suddenly changed to now become a working class hero???
It is any wonder that despot regimes in various parts of the world can gain leverage (mind you often through violence) when you look at the absolute blind call to arms Trump supporters are currently part of. It is like a big gang that has created a connection for like minded, hard done by, white (males in general) citizerns. And they can't see it....
It's called RW populism.

Last edited:
No - you are correct and the anti trust in governments all around the western world that Trump has created could possibly bite him on the backside too - he conveniently forgets this.
I am talking Democrats over the decades, not just the recent mob. There has been plenty of disgraceful cover ups under the guise of politics that they have been involved with as well. Bottom line the US electoral system only really allows a particular type of person to actually 1. think about running for president and 2. being capable of achieving it. Both involve having either a personal fortune or beholden to someone (individual or company) who does. It's a broken system that is now only reaping the outcomes once a complete nutter like Trump actually showed it up for what it is.

No - you are correct and the anti trust in governments all around the western world that Trump has created could possibly bite him on the backside too - he conveniently forgets this.
I am talking Democrats over the decades, not just the recent mob. There has been plenty of disgraceful cover ups under the guise of politics that they have been involved with as well. Bottom line the US electoral system only really allows a particular type of person to actually 1. think about running for president and 2. being capable of achieving it. Both involve having either a personal fortune or beholden to someone (individual or company) who does. It's a broken system that is now only reaping the outcomes once a complete nutter like Trump actually showed it up for what it is.
Did Obama have a "personal fortune"? I mean, he was successful but surely that's to be expected.

Trump didn't expose a "broken system". He exposed the weakness of the GOP establishment and the madness of the GOP base. Stop trying to blame both sides for Trump when he was a product of one side only. The Democrats didn't create or elect Trump. He and his legacy are 100 per cent down to the GOP and its voters. The proof is that he still owns that party and remains popular among the base. You can't blame Democrats for that. You're trying to reach some overarching, bipartisan conclusion but Trump is a GOP problem. It's not "the system".

Last edited:
Well the Biden Harris regime has become the exact disasterous s**t show as predicted. Obviously these people will continue to dredge up the capital protest and smear half the country as racists as long as the brain dead lap up the obvious deflection. Spin, lie and deflect is all they do. Meanwhile Nancy was secretly conspiring with the head of the joint chiefs to disempower a sitting president - aka an actual insurrection.

Last edited:
Well the Biden Harris regime has become the exact disasterous sh*t show those of us with functioning brains could predict a mile off. Obviously these people will continue to dredge up the capital protest and smear half the country as racists as long as the brain dead lap up the obvious deflection. Spin, lie and deflect is all they do. Meanwhile Nancy was secretly conspiring with the head of the joint chiefs to disempower a sitting president - aka an actual insurrection.
Why pretend you have something to say? Do you just want to feel involved?

Do you still think the election was "stolen"?

Last edited:
Did Obama have a "personal fortune"? I mean, he was successful but surely that's to be expected.

Trump didn't expose a "broken system". He exposed the weakness of the GOP establishment and the madness of the GOP base. Stop trying to blame both sides for Trump when he was a product of one side only. The Democrats didn't create or elect Trump. He and his legacy are 100 per cent down to the GOP and its voters. The proof is that he still owns that party and remains popular among the base. You can't blame Democrats for that. You're trying to reach some overarching, bipartisan conclusion but Trump is a GOP problem. It's not "the system".

Yes I agree in part with that and certainly the GOP is now hijacked by disillusioned citizerns who feel aggrieved that certain folk aren't waiting on tables or doing their gardening for them but actually getting decent jobs in the USA. Let alone become president. The status quo aint right as far as far as they are concerned... Take me back to the days when I could patronisingly employ someone for $20/day as they cleaned my pool and feel like I was contributing to the greater good.
But I do think the Dems were a creator of Trumpism - they left their fan base and allowed themselves to be "corporatised" with Clinton's everywhere. The biggest mistake they made imo was not disposing of Hilary when they had the opportunity and putting someone substantial up against Trump as a point of difference. instead they went with someone who was just seen as a lackey to the big end of town. I'm not buying for a second that the Dems are any good right now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I agree in part with that and certainly the GOP is now hijacked by disillusioned citizerns who feel aggrieved that certain folk aren't waiting on tables or doing their gardening for them but actually getting decent jobs in the USA. Let alone become president. The status quo aint right as far as far as they are concerned... Take me back to the days when I could patronisingly employ someone for $20/day as they cleaned my pool and feel like I was contributing to the greater good.
But I do think the Dems were a creator of Trumpism - they left their fan base and allowed themselves to be "corporatised" with Clinton's everywhere. The biggest mistake they made imo was disposing of Hilary when they had the opportunity and putting someone substantial up against Trump as a point of difference. instead they went with someone who was just seen as a lackey to the big end of town. I'm not buying for a second that the Dems are any good right now.
Again, you circle back to blaming the Democrats for Trump. Is this some weird tic for you?

The Democrats didn't create Trump. That's total bullshit. You may as well argue that up is down. Trump was a product of the deranged RW populism that was mainlined to the GOP base for 20 years. Did the Democrats "create" Sarah Palin as well? What a load of rubbish.

This really is the dumbest kind of inverted logic. The GOP drives over a cliff and you conclude it was the Democrats' fault. It's ridiculous. The GOP spent years pandering to the dumbest fringes, who ultimately revolted against the establishment and backed Trump. That's got nothing to do with the Democrats.

Clinton won a primary. Who would have been more "substantial"? Would Martin O'Malley have been better?

Your critiques are starting to sound nonsensical.

Last edited:
Again, you circle back to blaming the Democrats for Trump. Is this some weird tic for you?

The Democrats didn't create Trump. That's total bullshit. You may as well argue that up is down. Trump was a product of the deranged RW populism that was mainlined to the GOP base for 20 years. Did the Democrats "create" Sarah Palin as well? What a load of rubbish.

This really is the dumbest kind of inverted logic. The GOP drives over a cliff and you conclude it was the Democrats' fault. It's ridiculous. The GOP spent years pandering to the dumbest fringes, who ultimately revolted against the establishment and backed Trump. That's got nothing to do with the Democrats.

Clinton won a primary. Who would have been more "substantial"? Would Martin O'Malley have been better?

Your critiques are starting to sound nonsensical.

Not sure I ever said they did - but they did in part whether you agree or not imo. They were so pathetic after Obama with no natural successor that it created a vacuum that Trump was able to walk into (just). Of course all those other factors played a role as well with the GOP pathetic.
And then of course the appalling pre-election 12mths the Democrats went through to end up getting a hopeless case like Hilary (just another player for the anti-establishment crowd to rail against). Obviously you are pro-Democrat but if you can't see the failings in that party then so be it. Bernie would have won the 2016 election n't

Not sure I ever said they did - but they did in part whether you agree or not imo.
So they didn't but they did? FMD.

You're making no sense.

They were so pathetic after Obama with no natural successor that it created a vacuum that Trump was able to walk into (just). Of course all those other factors played a role as well with the GOP pathetic.
And then of course the appalling pre-election 12mths the Democrats went through to end up getting a hopeless case like Hilary (just another player for the anti-establishment crowd to rail against). Obviously you are pro-Democrat but if you can't see the failings in that party then so be it. Bernie would have won the 2016 election n't
There were failings. Clinton had plenty of shortcomings as a candidate. But that didn't "create Trump". That's complete bullshit. Trump was a product of RW populism and grievance politics. That has nothing to do with the Democrats.

You just assert that Sanders would have won in 2016. Based on absolutely nothing.

You're talking out of your arse.

So they didn't but they did? FMD.

You're making no sense.

There were failings. Clinton had plenty of shortcomings as a candidate. But that didn't "create Trump". That's complete bullshit. Trump was a product of RW populism and grievance politics. That has nothing to do with the Democrats.

You just assert that Sanders would have won in 2016. Based on absolutely nothing.

You're talking out of your arse.

It enabled Trump to exist. His politics, his drawing power. Trump was certainly a product of grievance politics - that the Dems failed to step into.

Appreciate you like to cherry pick quotes like a shock jock trying to make a point but I didn't say the Dems created Trump, but they did... in part. In much the same way that a pathetic opposition government allows a more pathetic government to exist.

It enabled Trump to exist.
What does that even mean? Yeah, Clinton lost the election. That didn't "create Trump". This is nonsensical.

His politics, his drawing power. Trump was certainly a product of grievance politics - that the Dems failed to step into.
Again, WTF are you on about?

None of this demonstrates that the Democrats '"created Trump". His rise was the result of RW populism, a radicalised base and a weakened GOP establishment. How on earth do you look at those circumstances and conclude it was the Democrats' fault?

You're just waffling on with bullshit and making not a single coherent point.

Appreciate you like to cherry pick quotes like a shock jock trying to make a point but I didn't say the Dems created Trump, but they did... in part. In much the same way that a pathetic opposition government allows a more pathetic government to exist.
You don't know whether you're coming or going. Your argument is nonsensical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back