BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
He wrote about young kids having an orgy in one of his books, then claimed he was so f’ed up on drugs and alcohol that he doesn't even remember writing Cujo. Strong source their m8, try having independent thoughts!
Lol
It’s Stephen King, you wouldn’t last an hour in that brain casing, he’s a ******* genius and you know it and you’re surprised he had a lost summer?
FMD dude!
C’mon man!

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yes I know Trump has been impeached and you are here trying to defend the Democrats and Impeachment like it's your holy grail.

Don't you see what you and others here are doing?

I mention Collusion,Impeachment as an example....
and I have ten posters trying to defend it and try to tell me Orange man is worse and "Democracy is on the line" its laughable how arrogant stupid and deluded you are.

I see the bad in both I don't try to delude myself that one is worse than the other maybe you should try it sometimes.

You seriously have no idea what you are on about.

How was an impeachment for something Trump did (which Mitt Romney also voted for by the way, so I guess you want him turfed as well).

What collision are you on about?

Russians meddling in the 2016 election and possible collusion?

Trump calling Ukraine asking for a “favour” to pretend their investigating Biden?

Money paid off to Stormy Daniels, which trump pretends to know nothing about?

I don’t really know your issue with dems or anyone looking into these things, Trump has always been a con man, and always will be a con man.

Now what he’s doing now is trashing democracy and trying to organise a coup, Democrat party and no previous republican presidents have tried this before.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Keep deluding yourself and telling yourself that it's what 90pcnt of the main stream media are saying and you are just repeating the same lines.

Like sheep.

Thing is you are getting your news from somewhere and believing it.

The sheep line is the typical qanon go to.

Being out the commies and pedo accusations as well, that’s my request

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
What I want to know, and this goes for any conspiracy theory, not just this whole election debacle, is what evidence will actually persuade Trumpians to swing the other way? Because there’s been countless evidence contrary to what they accuse and there’s been people from their own side admitting there’s no evidence to help their case yet still they persist with their ridiculous narrative.

It’s just a farce. If there’s no evidence, it’s because the fraud goes higher up/they are that good at rigging the election. Whether it comes from independent or MSM, the retort is “oh they are reputable” or “MSM. You sheeple are all falling for it”. Like fu** me. It’s actually beyond a joke.

My girlfriend asked me today why am I so invested in this. I don’t think she realises how serious this kind of delusion can eventually take things. I’m all for a healthy dose of scepticism, but there’s got to be some actual common sense with some things before people throw around crazy conspiracies.

Yes a lot of people are just apathetic to it all. Makes you see how easily someone like Hitler came to prominence, “ah yeah their all just as bad as each other”.

Like I know I can’t do anything to change some peoples minds but I feel like throttling people who don’t get the seriousness of the so called leader of the free world trying to turn it into a dictatorship (aka no longer the free world)

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Maybe what I'm about to say will enlight.

They're not interested truth of facts per se. What they really want, need or crave is trust. They trust Trump. Whether you agree with this or not, a lot of people have been disenfranchised with major establishments due to ongoing corruption and self-interest of such. It's not like movies and the MSM have gone against this narrative, in fact they've fueled it. So people will cling on to anything that will appease their discontent, particularly if it requires little effort. Because it means they feel more empowered that change can happen without a lot effort.

Trump says all the right things to all the wrong people. It's not that the wrong people are neccesairly bad or evil, they are just in the ideal circumstances, the ideal time and place that the kind of rhetoric that Trump uses resonates with them. That's all it is. A song for the lazily and blissful ignorant.

So yes, it is ironic that those who cling to Trump are ones that also lay claim to want be free of oppressors but all they are doing just trading one oppressor for another.

Trump doesn't care about the first amendment, it's patently clear now; that's if you can step back and see it for what is. But if you've invested all your trust in this then stepping out is not an option. Which then begs the question. If you are trying to uncover "the truth, the great consipiracy" when you finally see it, hear it, but then ultimately don't accept it, what are you really looking for?

My answer is this. I think like Trump they're not looking for anything, it's the game of searching for something but never finding it is what intrigues them. Asking the question but never having to answer it, as the latter is always the hardest, the 90% of the effort.

Thrill of the chase? But yes deep down you are right, they will never find the truth their looking for, as the real truth is a lot more mundane, boring and convoluted than they would like to know.

Thinking the world is run by some secret satanic pedo elite may sound fun to believe in some weird sort of superhero good v evil type thing but makes no real sense.

Seems we are at a stage not too dissimilar to what we were before WWII with trust in political systems at breaking point and lots of disenfranchised people leading to populist leaders like Trump appearing.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Yes a lot of people are just apathetic to it all. Makes you see how easily someone like Hitler came to prominence, “ah yeah their all just as bad as each other”.

Like I know I can’t do anything to change some peoples minds but I feel like throttling people who don’t get the seriousness of the so called leader of the free world trying to turn it into a dictatorship (aka no longer the free world)
And I hate that comment. Yeah politicians can be like that but how can someone honestly tell me many are the same as Trump? That’s outrageous to me.

People need to be told they aren’t thinking straight but I guess it comes across in how you put your message across

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche

They're not interested truth of facts per se. What they really want, need or crave is trust. They trust Trump. Whether you agree with this or not, a lot of people have been disenfranchised with major establishments due to ongoing corruption and self-interest of such. It's not like movies and the MSM have gone against this narrative, in fact they've fueled it. So people will cling on to anything that will appease their discontent, particularly if it requires little effort. Because it means they feel more empowered that change can happen without a lot effort.

Trump says all the right things to all the wrong people. It's not that the wrong people are neccesairly bad or evil, they are just in the ideal circumstances, the ideal time and place that the kind of rhetoric that Trump uses resonates with them. That's all it is. A song for the lazily and blissful ignorant.

So yes, it is ironic that those who cling to Trump are ones that also lay claim to want be free of oppressors but all they are doing just trading one oppressor for another.

Trump doesn't care about the first amendment, it's patently clear now; that's if you can step back and see it for what is. But if you've invested all your trust in this then stepping out is not an option. Which then begs the question. If you are trying to uncover "the truth, the great consipiracy" when you finally see it, hear it, but then ultimately don't accept it, what are you really looking for?

My answer is this. I think like Trump they're not looking for anything, it's the game of searching for something but never finding it is what intrigues them. Asking the question but never having to answer it, as the latter is always the hardest, the 90% of the effort.
A lot of what you said makes sense. I can understand disenfranchised people feeling that way and wanting a change from the norm. But they tried it and it clearly wasn’t a success. There’s clearly an individual that doesn’t give a flying * about you. I mean he cut taxes for businesses by like a shitload. Companies should arguably be paying more!

But ok fair enough. You gave him a chance and it didn’t work. Surely people can do some critical thinking and decide that hey, maybe he’s wrong and a bit crazy? The lack of logic is incredible. I think that’s what’s most frustrating.

It’s not possible, it’s not a “decision” they have to make, nor can Donald influence it (as much as he would like). These public servants certify the public vote as per the will of the people (I.e. democracy). That’s their role. But If they don’t do their job, then the courts will do it for them. People need to relax, there is no path where corrupt rogue legislators can determine who becomes president.
The only path I am aware of is corrupt rogue electors in the electoral college (faithless electors)

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Yes I know Trump has been impeached and you are here trying to defend the Democrats and Impeachment like it's your holy grail.

Don't you see what you and others here are doing?

I mention Collusion,Impeachment as an example....
and I have ten posters trying to defend it and try to tell me Orange man is worse and "Democracy is on the line" its laughable how arrogant stupid and deluded you are.

I see the bad in both I don't try to delude myself that one is worse than the other maybe you should try it sometimes.
Yep, you need to look up what impeachment is.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
What I want to know, and this goes for any conspiracy theory, not just this whole election debacle, is what evidence will actually persuade Trumpians to swing the other way? Because there’s been countless evidence contrary to what they accuse and there’s been people from their own side admitting there’s no evidence to help their case yet still they persist with their ridiculous narrative.

It’s just a farce. If there’s no evidence, it’s because the fraud goes higher up/they are that good at rigging the election. Whether it comes from independent or MSM, the retort is “oh they are reputable” or “MSM. You sheeple are all falling for it”. Like fu** me. It’s actually beyond a joke.

My girlfriend asked me today why am I so invested in this. I don’t think she realises how serious this kind of delusion can eventually take things. I’m all for a healthy dose of scepticism, but there’s got to be some actual common sense with some things before people throw around crazy conspiracies.
The “attractive” thing about conspiracy theories is that they are endlessly modular.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
No doubt. But are some of Trump’s base smart enough to realise that, or rather do they even care. I reckon a not insignificant portion couldn’t really give a sh*t about the GOP, they’re just ride or die for Trump.
They really are no more perceptive than footy barrackers.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

Bloody good post mate.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
You can't categorically rule her out though, can you.

I mean, they elected donald fu**en trump as president * shrugs *
Americans love to proudly tell us that one of the greatest things about their country is that anyone can be president.

Unfortunately, Donald Trump proved that.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
I have to admit, part of me still doesnt believe state legislatures wont throw out the ballots and ignore the will of the people

the precedent it sets, well, lets not go there
So far the majority of Republican party resistance to Trump's attempts to overturn the result of this election has come from the Republicans in key roles at state levels. Makes sense, if a majority of voters in their state have just voted Trump out it doesn't make electoral sense for them to go against the will of the people in their state.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Thrill of the chase? But yes deep down you are right, they will never find the truth their looking for, as the real truth is a lot more mundane, boring and convoluted than they would like to know.

Thinking the world is run by some secret satanic pedo elite may sound fun to believe in some weird sort of superhero good v evil type thing but makes no real sense.

Seems we are at a stage not too dissimilar to what we were before WWII with trust in political systems at breaking point and lots of disenfranchised people leading to populist leaders like Trump appearing.
Actually the whole thing reminds me of nothing so much as the Paul Is Dead rubbish when the Beatles were around.

I'm starting to realise its roots go way back.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
1606076741290.png

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Your last five words show that you are reality illiterate, he ******* ran for the nomination, how the fu** in a country with 330,000,000 people is that keeping your head down.
Russell’s Teapot wept.
Is Bernie purposefully antagonising and aggressive? Does he purposefully convey an 'us vs. them' mentality? Does he spend all his time on Twitter celebrating job losses and calling for collapse and dismantling without offering solutions? Keeping calm and attempting to unite the people is keeping your head down (like Biden atm), not focusing on winning "meme wars".

Reality? The president-elect just won after a campaign of keeping his head down. Moron.

Last edited:

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Is Bernie purposefully antagonising and aggressive? Does he purposefully convey an 'us vs. them' mentality? Does he spend all his time on Twitter celebrating job losses and calling for collapse and dismantling without offering solutions? Keeping calm and attempting to unite the people is keeping your head down (like Biden atm), not focusing on winning "meme wars".

Reality? The president-elect just won after a campaign of keeping his head down. Moron.
I think I must have confused what you were saying, all good, at ease!

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Agree with you on the trust/distrust issue. For some Americans the deep distrust of governments seems ingrained into their culture. Trump plays off that.
On the grand conspiracies, I think some people can't accept a reality that is often unpredictable, chaotic, sometimes unfair and dictated to by fate. People want to believe there is an overriding script, a controlling body that pulls the strings and who they can blame when things dont work out the way they want. The idea that there is no master plan troubles them.

You probably can chart the rise of conspiracy theory belief in the western world with the decline of religion

Glacier

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or just Brain Dead.

Obviously quite a lot of them anyway. ;)
The one thing that has come out of this for me that I find frightening is just how many absolutely bat s**t crazy people there are both in American politics, media and not to mention some of these extreme groups
Just absolutely ******* scary insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back