• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:

No, we're talking about China.

Joe's bragging about doing his job in Ukraine while his son was working there was cleared by a Republican controlled senate intelligence committee.
Wasn't there a report released from a senate intelligence committee asking questions about it, quite recently?

This tells me people are scared that their government won't be able to, or won't be willing, to maintain law and order.

I fully expect riots
EFA

There will be riots , turmoil and deaths either way

Because it's a relative measurement and it shows the trajectory heading swiftly upwards.

Ok I get that,
So to simplify things,
If my company lost 1000 jobs and then regained 500 jobs,That would be a 50% increase.

Sure he would. Why else would you wanna be in business with someone purely for their name? Prestige, brand and yes, connections.

Is making introductions is illegal now?

Wait, what?

daec73bff01eeea06ea4198c3db84e0d.jpg

Ok I get that,
So to simplify things,
If my company lost 1000 jobs and then regained 500 jobs,That would be a 50% increase.

And if your company was employing 1700 people in 2016 and grew to 2000 before the business was closed down then regaining half your losses is excellent for the people employed and the human cost of locking down is left there to see for those who didn't get their job back yet.

It's better than it was during lockdown and it's on the way back up with a surge.

Neither Trump or Biden need to actually do anything for life to improve massively for US residents next year, but they will both claim credit for it.

The lefties had been rioting and seizing blocks while the police watched already.
I like how you label people who have suffered due to Trump's mishandling of the Pandemic as "lefties", like somehow they should just shut up and stop complaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People bitch and moan about Bidens 40 years in office yet dont explain how his VP nom 12 years ago escaped scrutiny. I guess only being in office 30+ years is not long enough to be corrupt

His support of the 1994 Bill gets brought up - and that seems to be it. 40+ years and thats it. But 2017 OMGamazeballs game changer

And if your company was employing 1700 people in 2016 and grew to 2000 before the business was closed down then regaining half your losses is excellent for the people employed and the human cost of locking down is left there to see for those who didn't get their job back yet.

It's better than it was during lockdown and it's on the way back up with a surge.

Neither Trump or Biden need to actually do anything for life to improve massively for US residents next year, but they will both claim credit for it.
Whats 2016 got to do with it?
I prefer 2020.
And the job numbers are flawed.
Are the jobs new jobs?

I like how you label people who have suffered due to Trump's mishandling of the Pandemic as "lefties", like somehow they should just shut up and stop complaining.

Trump didn't order that covid positive cases were sent to aged care homes. Trump did suggest locking down states. Democrats called it an act of civil war. The virus spread. The states handle their health care.

The states locked the people down then let the BLM protests go ahead, then California made it against the rules to ask someone if they went to a BLM event when they were contact tracing.

So yes. All Trump's fault. Wake up.

People b*tch and moan about Bidens 40 years in office yet dont explain how his VP nom 12 years ago escaped scrutiny. I guess only being in office 30+ years is not long enough to be corrupt

His support of the 1994 Bill gets brought up - and that seems to be it. 40+ years and thats it. But 2017 OMGamazeballs game changer

Yep, no Republican opponent until now tried to find dirt. It’s amazing.

People b*tch and moan about Bidens 40 years in office yet dont explain how his VP nom 12 years ago escaped scrutiny. I guess only being in office 30+ years is not long enough to be corrupt

Yep, no Republican opponent until now tried to find dirt. It’s amazing.

I don't know if VP candidates mattered until Sarah Palin.

Trump didn't order that covid positive cases were sent to aged care homes. Trump did suggest locking down states. Democrats called it an act of civil war. The virus spread. The states handle their health care.

The states locked the people down then let the BLM protests go ahead, then California made it against the rules to ask someone if they went to a BLM event when they were contact tracing.

So yes. All Trump's fault. Wake up.
That's right, he did nothing.
No, worse than nothing, he kept saying it was going to magically disappear before the election. We can see how well that's turned out. When the going gets tough, Trump disappears.

1994?

What is his current view on that?

Let's have a read up:

Incarceration was already increasing - 94 bill sped that up.

So all those leaders, those black people in Congress, they're all "no friend to black America"?

Had the Republicans gotten their way, the bill would have been even tougher.

Republicans are "friends to black America"?

And so on...

So it's a bit shallow to just say "he put more black people in jail".
Why is prison reform one of the most important factors in this election? To reverse the damage of the said bill. The intentions of the bill might have been sound but it's lazy thinking to see that it didn't contribute to the mess today. It didn't trigger mass incarceration, but it encouraged it to go further.

Saying "oh but they were getting locked up anyway" is once again, lazy thinking. It's like excusing Trump for doing absolutely nothing for the wealth gap - "oh but the rich were getting richer anyway so who cares".

I'm not talking about the Republicans, I'm talking about Joe Biden. He has a history of racism, going all the way until weeks ago with his 'you ain't black' comment. And yes, there's every chance that fellow black people in congress aren't looked up favourably upon regular black voters today. Are you suggesting that they're one big cult who never criticise each other?

We all want Trump out of office, but sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming 'lalalalalala' at every criticism that comes Bidens way is stupid.

Nancy Pelosi was walking arm in arm through Chinatown in San Fran on Feb 24th to show everyone it was safe to get out there.

So why would Trump be doing anything extra to prepare for a big disaster if the leader of the Democratic party, who would have also been briefed on circumstances, is promoting that everything is fine?

If he own policy by action is representative of how the Democrats would have handled it, why would you expect anything to be different?
Would the Democrat states not have sent their positive cases into the aged care homes if a Democrat president was in office?
You are moving the goal posts, why do you do that?

Pelosi isn't the Leader of the Democrats, she is the Speaker of the House and not relevant to the empty cupboard.

That's right, he did nothing.
No, worse than nothing, he kept saying it was going to magically disappear before the election. We can see how well that's turned out. When the going gets tough, Trump disappears.
The power is and has been with the states, not centered in the federal government like the lefties seem to dream about. Point your blame at those who actually have the power here, not those who you wish did.

Polls in Michigan indicate Biden wins it comfortably - Gravis Marketing have given Biden 4% since the last debate - 16 EC votes

Pennsylvania (Gravis/Reuters-Ipsoss)favouring Biden and (Insider Advantage) having Biden lose 6% to have Trump now 3+ with 1 outlier PA votes Biden 20 EC

Texas has 2 polls both favouring or no change for Trump - 38 EC

Gravis and Reuters-Ipsoss have Biden clear in Wisconsin - 10 EC

And the National Figures
are all Biden Lead figures ie the Rasmussen has Biden leading before but now behind

USIBD/TIPP+7+5+2
USMorning Consult+9+90
USRasmussen Reports-1+3-4
USRMG Research+7+8-1
USSurveyMonkey+6+60
USYahoo News/YouGov+12+11+1

One could argue there has been some tightening but if the 3 States posted above fall as they poll then Biden shouldnt lose.

Just a note from 538 which I post for clarity. Note these are from 538 not my conclusions

First, a new InsiderAdvantage survey sponsored by the Center for American Greatness, a conservative media think tank, gave Trump a 3-point lead in Pennsylvania, which marks a 6-point swing in margin from its previous poll in mid-October. We, of course, can’t discount that this might be the case, but the ideological leanings of the pollster’s sponsor do give us pause. Similarly, a national poll from Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research found Trump ahead by 1 point, a 4-point shift from its last survey, but Rasmussen has a well-known GOP house effect, or put another way, it consistently shows better results for Republican candidates than other polling firms.

lazy thinking to see that it didn't contribute to the mess today
As in my post - the 1994 bill sped up the increase.

It was also LESS tough than the Republicans wanted it.

So just saying “more people in prison, Biden bad (aka Bill Clinton)” is the lazy statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back