Us election parties

Remove this Banner Ad

So here is a fun fact upon a fun fact upon a fun fact:

1) In the case of a tie, the House of Representatives chooses the next president. I had known this for a while, and figured okay, that just means the Dems choose it, so Biden easily.

2) So actually it's not the sitting house that chooses it, but the elected house. But okay, even in an EC tie the Dems are still huge favourites to keep the house.

3) ACTUALLY so what I didn't know was that the congresspeople don't get one vote each, but rather vote STATE BY STATE. So all 55 or whatever California congresspeople count as 1, whereas tiny states also count as 1. It essentially becomes like the senate, but with 1 vote per state. Based on that, Republicans actually control the current house, something like 28 to 22. So Trump becomes President by this...

4) There is a decent chance that the Dems could still flip the senate even in the case of an EC tie. In that case the senate chooses the Vice President.

I therefore present to you:

President Donald Trump
Vice President Kamala Harris
originally the us was supposed to have the winner of the presidential race as prez and the loser became vice prez

this died an early death

imagine trump - clinton

then try imagine trump playing veep to biden this year.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back