US Holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could bump the other thread. I'm pretty sure it started before this one...
'Things to do in the USA' or something like that.

There were two other threads IIRC. If we can gather the links for all, we can get them put into the OP of any new thread.

A question for those who have gone through LAX:

Qantas put me on a connecting flight from LAX to SF, around 3 hours after I'm due to touch down. It's a United flight, so I have to collect my bags and re-check them in at the United terminal.

But given how close the two flights are, I asked Qantas what to do in case I was delayed, or whether there were ways I could get a head-start at LAX immigration to get to my connecting flight quicker, and got the "We don't deal in hypotheticals" speech.

Does anyone here with experience know whether I have options to get through quicker if the worst should happen?

I had a 2:30 stop over from LAX to Vegas. Made it easily.

What time you get into LA, 6:50am? We usually beat the Asian flights in so customs isn't as bad and you get through pretty well. It's just a short walk to change over to the United Domestic terminal.....how many bags will you have? (5 minute walk).

Arriving at 6:55am, and flying out 9:00 from the United terminal. I'll have one large bag along with my carry-on.

The connecting flight was booked through Qantas along with my booking to LAX, so I'd like to think they'd have things in place to make sure that I don't get stranded. Or am I just being naive?

The connecting flight was booked through Qantas along with my booking to LAX, so I'd like to think they'd have things in place to make sure that I don't get stranded. Or am I just being naive?

I wouldnt worry about it... I reckon with that gap you are fairly likely to make it unless customs is really bad, even if you dont they will just put you on the next flight....

It depends if they ticketed the flights in the one PNR or seperately in terms of collecting your bags. LAX is very unpredictable, personally when I was there last March I waited 95 minutes to get through immigration with 2 young kids, luckily I wasn't sweating on a connecting flight.

Being a travel agent I can check min connection times:
INBOUND:QF
OUTBOUND: UA
MEL-LAX-SFO

INTL TO DOM 2:00

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back