US Masters Golf 2020 Betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive still got JT and Wolff with first round leader chances still !!

Must admit I didn't know who Mize was. Just saw him for the first time today, didn't realise he won this tournament in the 80's.

Paying $6.40 to win his 1st round 3 Balls. Hope you got on. Nice tip.
He'd be memorable to Australians as he's the guy who chipped in for birdie on 11 to beat Greg Norman in a playoff.

Paul Casey into $20 to win. Amazing work NYRB

Sadly I didn't get on it, however I did put a cheeky bob or two on Fowler, who has somehow gone out to $120 despite hitting -3.

Also, due largely to this thread, last night is the first time I've sat down and watched golf.

I've always enjoyed going and playing a round but I had never realised what a cool sport it is to watch as well.

Spent an hour or two with the Masters on in one window, and reading the drama about De Chambeau on various forums in the other.

This led me down a rabbit hole about driving technique, the physics of club speed vs ball speed, graphite club shafts...

I'm hooked. Just wish there somewhere near me to go and hit a round today.

What was your reasoning behind the Casey tip NYRB?
He has landed 5 Top 10's from 13 starts at Augusta.

If you look closer at his performance at Winged Foot this year, his 2nd, 3rd and 4th day- played terrific.

Heavier conditions with rain around , i think makes the greens slower too, which suits Paul Casey's game. With rain around for the remaining of this tournament , you would imagine it would favour someone like him.

Paul Casey into $20 to win. Amazing work NYRB

Sadly I didn't get on it, however I did put a cheeky bob or two on Fowler, who has somehow gone out to $120 despite hitting -3.

Also, due largely to this thread, last night is the first time I've sat down and watched golf.

I've always enjoyed going and playing a round but I had never realised what a cool sport it is to watch as well.

Spent an hour or two with the Masters on in one window, and reading the drama about De Chambeau on various forums in the other.

This led me down a rabbit hole about driving technique, the physics of club speed vs ball speed, graphite club shafts...

I'm hooked. Just wish there somewhere near me to go and hit a round today.
Yep count me in the same boat. I've been lucky enough to attend a couple of golf tournaments in Australia, in particular the Australian Open golf when they have it in alternate years at Rose Bay and Rosebury. Always loved the atmosphere but feel like watching it on tv is just as good.

Definitely on my bucket list , once covid is out of the way 1) Augusta 2) The Open Championship in the UK.

Augusta to the golfers is the equivalent of Wimbledon for most tennis players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has landed 5 Top 10's from 13 starts at Augusta.

If you look closer at his performance at Winged Foot this year, his 2nd, 3rd and 4th day- played terrific.

Heavier conditions with rain around , i think makes the greens slower too, which suits Paul Casey's game. With rain around for the remaining of this tournament , you would imagine it would favour someone like him.

razor blade stuff

The value in Paul Casey is gone now, but at anything above $70.00 was the value pre-tournament. Mind you he was an underdog for his 2nd round 3 balls on Day 2. Also $51.00 to again get the lowest score on Round 2.

Dechambeau was just starting to warm up and nailed a couple of birdies late on to get a bit of momentum for the tournament.

Yep count me in the same boat. I've been lucky enough to attend a couple of golf tournaments in Australia, in particular the Australian Open golf when they have it in alternate years at Rose Bay and Rosebury. Always loved the atmosphere but feel like watching it on tv is just as good.

Definitely on my bucket list , once covid is out of the way 1) Augusta 2) The Open Championship in the UK.

Augusta to the golfers is the equivalent of Wimbledon for most tennis players.

Having attended a few tournaments as well (including Tigers last dance with the prozzies in Australia before it all blew up) I have to say golf is the worst live spectator sport in the world. So hard to track the ball live and obviously you can see s**t where it lands unless you are up around the green. The ultimate in made for TV sport.

Having attended a few tournaments as well (including Tigers last dance with the prozzies in Australia before it all blew up) I have to say golf is the worst live spectator sport in the world. So hard to track the ball live and obviously you can see sh*t where it lands unless you are up around the green. The ultimate in made for TV sport.
100% agree with that.

And don't forget the packed crowds, when following a major player. The year Spieth was down in Sydney, I remember crowds were banked back by about 30 rows, so really hard to get a good view.

In terms of betting, its one of those sports, I feel, if your at the tournament, you could make a good little profit by just assessing conditions on the course as well as beating live pictures , as cameras are often not focussed on all lesser known players.

Hole by Hole Betting

Hole 11:
Dustin Johnson: Birdie or better $7, Par $1.45, Bogey or worse $3.50
McIllroy: Birdie or better $7, Par $1.45, Bogey or worse $3.40
Cantlay: Birdie or Better $7.50, Par $1.45, Bogey or worse $3.30

Hole 12:
Justin Thomas: Birdie or better $7, Par $1.40, Bogey or worse $4

Hole 4:
Matthew Wolff : Birdie or better $4.50, Par $1.25, Bogey or worse $11
Fleetwood: Birdie or better $4.50, Par $1.25, Bogey or worse $11

Last year, Cantlay was able to birdie the 11th, twice.

Also last year Dustin Johnson was able to birdie the 11th from 4 rounds.

Justin Thomas was able to birdie the 12th from 4 rounds in 2019.

With all 3 players in better form this season, im happy to take them all to get birdies in those respective holes. (Which have traditionally been tough holes to birdie from)

Hole by Hole Betting for the remaining holes, which I guess gives you a good reflection of the difficulty of each hole:

For Justin Thomas

Hole 13
Birdie or Better $1.54, Par $2.62, Bogey or Worse $8.70

Hole 14
Birdie or Better $4.40, Par $1.49, Bogey or worse $3.86

Hole 15
Birdie or Better $1.64, Par $2.44, Bogey or Worse $7.97

Hole 16
Birdie or better $3.79, Par $1.38, Bogey or Worse $6.58

Hole 17
Birdie or Better $5.30, Par $1.32, Bogey or Worse $5

Hole 18
Birdie or Better $6.17, Par $1.53, Bogey or Worse $3.05

Lazy question, has anybody ever led from Day 1 to finish? Guessing Tiger, Nicklaus, Trevino, or Palmer

Edit: Trevino never finished better than T10?

Lazy question, has anybody ever led from Day 1 to finish? Guessing Tiger, Nicklaus, Trevino, or Palmer

Edit: Trevino never finished better than T10?
Since 1980 onwards, only 3 players leading after Round 1 have gone on to win the Masters:

Spieth, Immelman and Ben Crenshaw.

Masters is a bit like a horse race, you kind of want to be peaking on the home turn, not too early.

They call Holes 11-13 at Augusta 'Amen Corner'. If you can get away from that section with no damage, your in contention to challenge for the tournament.

While the shortest hole on the course at 12 remains a challenge for all, sadly Amen Corner is losing it's reputation thanks to 13 being effectively a long par 4 now. Most players are hitting 5-6 iron 2nd shots into the green and on Monday Dechambeau (using his 48" 5.75 degree Cobra driver) hit a massive drive across the corner over Raes Creek and had a 9 iron in..!!!
Augusta purchased the adjacent land behind the 13th tee box in 2017 and does plan to move the tee back (again), but until they do this the previously famous risk/reward hole is now simply all reward. Actually surprised they haven't added a fairway bunker or two in an attempt to keep the hole challenging given the fact there has been more eagles/birdies than pars made on this hole over the past few years...

In terms of betting if there is an exotic for a player to shoot four rounds in the 60's (which has never been done before), if you haven't already, get on it...!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back