Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Iga Swiatek

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other (Women)

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, you’re that guy.

I meant tragic in sporting terms, but you knew that.

You must be an awful lot of fun at dinner parties.😳
I was a big fan of his for a number of years. But as time went on and he didn't mature, continued to disrespect officials, ballkids, opponents on court, showed a distinct lack of professionalism and dedication to achieve his potential, I gave up. Nothing tragic about it at all.

He certainly could have won slams but saying 10 is a huge stretch considering the era.

The crowds have had enough of his antics.....he's gone past being entertaining. Now at the stage of being an embarrassment to himself and the sport. One day they will refuse him his money or ban him.
His ranking is dropping quickly, won’t make tournament fields soon.
Won’t be given big stadium matches outside aus open.

Can’t be entertaining if you don’t try.

His ranking is dropping quickly, won’t make tournament fields soon.
Won’t be given big stadium matches outside aus open.

Can’t be entertaining if you don’t try.
I can't imagine him playing qualifying to make the main draw.

Towels will be the least of his problem

Ironically it could be someone in his group suggesting he takes the toilet breaks. I'm surprised you're allow to take a bag.
It certainly seems that it is a tactic someone in his team has come up with and I'd say in the last few months. Don't remember Tsitsipas doing this at the Aus Open this year or at Roland Garros. I don't know what is in the rules around use of a phone or taking a bag to a toilet break. It will be interesting to see what the ITF/ATP do from here. It is not a good look for the game.

So glad I didn't have to watch his match. I mean who goes on about having to get their own towels.
I started watching and quickly he was complaining about the speed of the court, a ball kid getting the umpire a bottle of water and not himself, having to grab his own towel. Lasted 15 minutes and that was enough for me.

Which Nick turned up today ohhh that’s right ….lol dunno why he bothers. Got the talent but wastes it arguing and getting annoyed with himself and others.
As they said on back page , he is an entertainer not a player and used the towel bs as an diversion for his effort , he has played 15 tour matches since feb last year

As they said on back page , he is an entertainer not a player and used the towel bs as an diversion for his effort , he has played 15 tour matches since feb last year

I actually thought Curious Nick had moved on from his previous nonsense given his recent Wimbledon stint...?

Obviously not and sadly, if he hasn't realized it by now, his petulant acts are not even entertaining anymore..!

A bit of an odd situation in the Jordan Thompson match today, his opponent in the 3rd set whacked the ball in anger and hit a spectator in the process. The umpire only gave him a warning which annoyed Thompson and proceed to whinge for the next 5 minutes on it, even at one point saying that if Kyrgios did that, he would be put in jail. While I understand that the umpire probably should of defaulted him, Jordan's ramblings for the next 5 minutes didn't make any sense, I do wonder what he's thinking at times. Wonder if the media will pick this one up.

The funny thing was Jordan actually broke a racket 2 points later and didn't get a warning. You win some, you lose some Jordan, worry about your own game. He did well to win a 5th set breaker in the end.

Ash looked pretty good this morning even if Vera got very close to winning that 2nd set (Ash saved a set point at 5-6 with a forehand winner on the line), was rather impressed with Zvonareva towards the end of the 2nd set, was playing the court very nicely and wasn't missing at all.

Alja won as well and Purcell took a set off Sinner but lost in 4. Watched the start of the Stosur match and left at 4-3 thinking she was actually playing well given her previous form, had to laugh at her losing the next 8 games and the match. Almost 10 years since that great day since she won the title

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning that tournament is the only reason she would've got a run in it....although $102,000 AU will be a nice paypacket. One of those a year is a good income for anybody.

predictable. But hey, she won and is in the 2nd round. Plays Pav next match......

If you are around a Kayo watch the match on now! It’s between Minnen (Bel) and Nadia Podroskka (Arg). Great match

Good news for Barty. Muchova just lost, which could have been a 4th round opponent.

The bad news is that she lost to Sara Sorribes Tormo, who beat Ash in Toyko.

Thankfully that scrub will lose before the 4th anyway

Back