Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

for all i and others said about the openness of the WTA, it has been fairly predictable. A lot more than the mens.

In the semis, you had the world number 1, a player from the last slam final, last years semi finalist at the US and the most in-form player in the world.

In the final, you have the best 2 players for the year. The greater shock is that both had little to no form coming into the tournament but have been able to keep getting better and better throughout the rounds.

Honestly, even when Sab got the break in the 3rd, I was confident that Iga would still win.

Despite Nick & Ajla making the QFs in singles, the most successful Aussie of the tournament may be Storm Sanders. Final of mixed & in semis of women's doubles with a chance of making it two finals.

Last Aussie to reach two USO finals in same year was Rennae Stubbs in 2001.

Despite Nick & Ajla making the QFs in singles, the most successful Aussie of the tournament may be Storm Sanders. Final of mixed & in semis of women's doubles with a chance of making it two finals.

Last Aussie to reach two USO finals in same year was Rennae Stubbs in 2001.
Ellen Perez also had a good tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can that rally in the 12th game of the opening set be topped?

"It can top itself."

Reminds me of when Aker topped himself with a super brilliant goal in 2005, one minute after he kicked a brilliant goal.

Tiafoe has started dripping his head now. What is looking like an easy set for Alcaraz is exactly what he needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back