Grand Slam US Open 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get the hate on Coco, she seems like a nice person, very well mannered and wants to get better. The choice of Gilbert was brillant but I only see that short term. On Sablenka she is her own worse enemy. Agree the final wasn't brillant but Coco's defensive game was of a high standard. I didn't watch the ceremony I never do and agree the US presentation is the worse. Onto the men's final I think 50/50 chance for either player. Swiatek's game is not that great on grass yet. Osaka was only really good on hard courts. So you can't really say that Coco's game is limited on other surfaces. She is only 19.
Don’t hate her, just haven’t warmed to her or her tennis yet. Agree, she seems like a pleasant person and has worked very hard on her game. She is only young so plenty of time to develop, but I just don’t find her game interesting to watch at this point, even though I can appreciate her tenacity and commitment.
Sabalenka needs to develop more variety and a more intelligent approach, otherwise she is wasting her talent a bit.
Pretty sure the French final has no carry on whatsoever- they don’t have any speeches- just hand over trophy and get out of there. Yeehaa to that approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Nole, makes the Wimbledon loss even more annoying, so close to the calendar slam once again.

Don’t get me started. Served horribly all day then compare that to today serve on fire and made it so much easier

Winning ugly*. That 2nd set. So similar to Wimbledon but he won here and lost there.

Match changes if Medvedev wins that but history will record a straight set victory. He does that so often, it is what I admire most of him, and I am not even a fan.

*ugly is another word for grounding out a result, not for the level of play.

Winning ugly*. That 2nd set. So similar to Wimbledon but he won here and lost there.

Match changes if Medvedev wins that but history will record a straight set victory. He does that so often, it is what I admire most of him, and I am not even a fan.

*ugly is another word for grounding out a result, not for the level of play.

Ugly was the Wimbledon final. Weirdly thought he was a lot better today serve was working, some elite volleys as we expect. The TB was close Novak probably still wins in 4 regardless

Don’t get me started. Served horribly all day then compare that to today serve on fire and made it so much easier
Yeah guess there's still a chance, but regardless to dominate like this at age 36 is pretty amazing. I was never a big Novak fan before, but the Federer and lesser extent Rafa worship (I was a Rafa fan and still like him) made me like him more, especially the whole vaccination debacle (I'm not anti vax but it was just part of the general media bias against him). People always knocked him for whatever reason but overall he actually seems the most personable/likable of the 'big 3' to me.

Yeah guess there's still a chance, but regardless to dominate like this at age 36 is pretty amazing. I was never a big Novak fan before, but the Federer and lesser extent Rafa worship (I was a Rafa fan and still like him) made me like him more, especially the whole vaccination debacle (I'm not anti vax but it was just part of the general media bias against him). People always knocked him for whatever reason but overall he actually seems the most personable/likable of the 'big 3' to me.

I don't love the squabbling between the three sets of fans, I feel we'll appreciate having those three plus your Murray, etc in the same era when it's over. I mean who is in the next era, Carlos and who, don't say Shelton. Sinner's body won't win slams, so who else is there? It looks such a weak era aside from Carlos.

Seems like it lol unless Alcaraz stops him, the other players do not come close to Novak

It's still 6 slams, would need to play till he's 38, that's debateable and that's even if he goes at 2-3 a year. Huge ask, I feel he ends on 27 or 28.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back