USA US Police 40 % domestic violence

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
...As the National Center for Women and Policing noted in a heavily footnoted information sheet, "Two studies have found that at least 40 percent of police officer families experience domestic violence, in contrast to 10 percent of families in the general population. A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24 percent, indicating that domestic violence is two to four times more common among police families than American families in general.

Greater accountability within the profession and more stringent psychological evaluation prior to employment would seem obvious areas for improvement.

From personal experience, most police officers are fair and respectful when treated with respect. The bad eggs within the profession seem to be giving the entire police force a bad reputation. It's time to weed them out.

And that is reported domestic violence, so the actual figures would be higher.

Does the job attract terrible people, or does the job make people terrible? Likely both.

I think the terrible people distribution is pretty even across all jobs. There are some people at my workplace who would have had a blast being a concentration camp guard.

I think the terrible people distribution is pretty even across all jobs. There are some people at my workplace who would have had a blast being a concentration camp guard.
What's your industry, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in banking so there's plenty of terrible people, but not the violent kind of terrible.

Who cares about the USA, what are the stats for Australia?

America have forfeited their right to be held up as an example of anything, good, bad or indifferent to the civilised world. It's time to look elsewhere or within.

When male police officers are off duty, no doubt they're at home bashing their wives just like firefighters.

What's your industry, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in banking so there's plenty of terrible people, but not the violent kind of terrible.

I work in news and entertainment. I think the lack of violence is about potential of being caught not because they aren’t capable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will side with abolishing the police in exchange for gun rights.

I think if protests go bad over here like in the states; there will be a big push for guns again.

Or maybe, just maybe, it is all bullshit
Is that your answer?

The studies on the subject, used by the National Center for Women and Policing , are bullshit?

Do you have a source or is it a guy feeling? Can you put more accurate information?

It's an old study so they were possibly only categorizing violence as domestic abuse.

It's seems natural to not admit to being abuse at home too - the true numbers may be even worse than the OP

The studies on the subject, used by the National Center for Women and Policing , are bullshit?

Do you have a source or is it a guy feeling? Can you put more accurate information?

It's an old study so they were possibly only categorizing violence as domestic abuse.

It's seems natural to not admit to being abuse at home too - the true numbers may be even worse than the OP
How would they get that information though, think about it, it would require a category box on the family violence report to tick for a police officer which no police union would allow let alone one in the USA.
The only other way would be to do a record check on every officer. A fishing expedition using police records would be a huge breach of privacy which would result in a massive payout to each member.
The national centre for women and policing sounds awfully like a feminist activist group so my feeling is it is an opinion or estimate. You have to agree 40% is a bit too rounded. If it was based on real figures wouldn't it be something like 39.65% or did some feminist throw up a number like 2 in 5 then ring a notorious left wing outlet like The Atlantic to put it out there.
True wife beaters are cowardly liars, I couldn't see them being frank and forthright with themselves let alone a woman's group.
Sorry, I am just not buying it.

P.S. USA police in big cities after a certain time would have a seige mentality, and brimming with ptsd. Every time they intercept a vehicle there is a strong possibility the driver has a handgun. The last time I was pulled over the policeman wasn't even looking at me as he sauntered up to the window.
So even if this report was accurate I can't see how it translates to every single male and female cop in every country of the world.

Last edited:
How would they get that information though, think about it, it would require a category box on the family violence report to tick for a police officer which no police union would allow let alone one in the USA.
The only other way would be to do a record check on every officer. A fishing expedition using police records would be a huge breach of privacy which would result in a massive payout to each member.
The national centre for women and policing sounds awfully like a feminist activist group so my feeling is it is an opinion or estimate. You have to agree 40% is a bit too rounded. If it was based on real figures wouldn't it be something like 39.65% or did some feminist throw up a number like 2 in 5 then ring a notorious left wing outlet like The Atlantic to put it out there.
True wife beaters are cowardly liars, I couldn't see them being frank and forthright with themselves let alone a woman's group.
Sorry, I am just not buying it.

P.S. USA police in big cities after a certain time would have a seige mentality, and brimming with ptsd. Every time they intercept a vehicle there is a strong possibility the driver has a handgun. The last time I was pulled over the policeman wasn't even looking at me as he sauntered up to the window.
So even if this report was accurate I can't see how it translates to every single male and female cop in every country of the world.
This reads like apologist nonsense so you can stick up for a group of violenr thugs thst take their anger issues home with them.

I don't know what it's like now but for years the Police Force had a really bad reputation for alcohol abuse amongst it's members. I mean worse than what it was for the average person (which was pretty bad to begin with back then).

Military is far worse.

Often in remote places with lots of money and literally nothing to do but drink.

I remember a study found over 10% were severe alcoholics and should be institutionalised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back