USA - Are They A Backward Nation?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be damned if the UN gets any kind of sovereign powers. I'm certainly not going to submit important decisions for the US, Australia or any other decent nation to the whims of some jumped-up wannabe emperors of the world.

The UN as a world government would be a recipe for disaster.

Good thing no one is suggesting that!

two different stories one re oil one re dodging car duties.

And what position at the UN does Kojo hold? I mean it´s a bit much pointing to an example of someone who has never worked for the UN as an example of corruption within the organisation

And what position at the UN does Kojo hold? I mean it´s a bit much pointing to an example of someone who has never worked for the UN as an example of corruption within the organisation

If you want UN examples, I am happy to start another thread and give you a number.

UN > US

Whilst the UN has its flaws and its share of corruption, the concept of a worldwide government is necessary for future world stability.

Think of the UN as the democratic government of the world that is still being overruled by a veto system from the most rich and powerful individuals. It can only operate under the mandate its been given.

And its moronic pointing out statistics like the UN voting against the US on many occasions, without actually realising the context of the votes.

The US under Bush have made some shocking decisions and even before Bush.

One only needs to look at the US contempt for the ICC and the 'Nicaragua' case.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:eek: Oh sorry just had a nightmare the U.N controlled the world.:D Context of the votes.Shocking decisions?What did you expect? I'm sorry but we live in a world in which is made up of individual countries in which all have individual interests,Inc USA no? I just love the double standard held against the U.S by the rest of the world. Its eh no big deal if china does it but if the U.S does it they are evil.
Context of votes? Who cares about the context, its totally predictable. No one agrees and everyone wants stuff to help them. In order for the U.N to even remotely work you need 1 world 0 countries.

I love the idea of one world gov and one world military, its the only way the world wont destroy itself in the long term isn't it?. Imagine what the humans could do if we got along and the all the starving children and the poor got jobs, produced and had 1 goal in mind.Imagine if the leaders in Africa for example, for the first time in history scraped themselves and their people off the bloody ground and made somthing of themselves and their societies. Space exploration instead of devlopent of weapons and bombs ect. Imagine if we could just get the Jews and the Iranians to be friends hold hands and run off into the sunset. Imagine if the leader of North Korea stoped using his own people as subjects for Chem warfare! Beautiful! Magic! Utopian!

.........meanwhile on planet Earth, back in the real word, not the case I'm afraid. See any of this happening 200 years from now, maybe our liftimes? I dont. Progressive liberals have the right idea they just need to conect now to then and the UN might actually work in the real world.:thumbsu:

Good thing no one is suggesting that!

asanque suggested something of the sort above.

asanque suggested something of the sort above.

Yes I did.

Not that I am currently suggesting it.
I am pointing it out as an ultimate long-term goal.

Similar to how we have a democratic government ruling Australia.
There needs ultimately to be a democratic world government.
It still won't be the perfect system, but it will give more authority and legitimacy in reining in rogue countries.
It will also require sacrifice from the major world powers.

As to balancing that is another question entirely.

Context of the votes.Shocking decisions?What did you expect? I'm sorry but we live in a world in which is made up of individual countries in which all have individual interests,Inc USA no? I just love the double standard held against the U.S by the rest of the world. Its eh no big deal if china does it but if the U.S does it they are evil.
Context of votes? Who cares about the context, its totally predictable. No one agrees and everyone wants stuff to help them. In order for the U.N to even remotely work you need 1 world 0 countries.

I respectfully disagree.

If you examine the recent UN Security Council resolutions where the vote was 14-1, you will see that there were plenty of legitimate rulings that were vetoed by the US out of pure self interest.

Of course, Russia and China do exactly the same thing. And they are similarly condemned for such vetoes.

Which is why I believe that the veto should require two of the veto countries rather then one.

I respectfully disagree.

If you examine the recent UN Security Council resolutions where the vote was 14-1, you will see that there were plenty of legitimate rulings that were vetoed by the US out of pure self interest.

Of course, Russia and China do exactly the same thing. And they are similarly condemned for such vetoes.

Which is why I believe that the veto should require two of the veto countries rather then one.

Oh yeah, the whole 1 country in those 5 in the veto idea is a total joke. Its just part of the big problem with the U.N. I think they had the right idea and right mind set with the creation of the U.N after WWII, it's just totally failed in reality, like communism for example.It's been tried, practiced and failed. Capitalism sure has its flaws, but I'll take it over that. The U.N as an entity is failing now when the world needs it most. Time for a new idea. Just curious, what U.S veto/s in particular really pisses you off/surprise you?Is it the pro Isreal issue?

I'm not saying the U.S doesn't have an agenda, it does like everyone else.The question is, will the U.N stop WW3, or any war for that matter,have they to date since its creation!? Not to mention the whole multi national corrupt, political/elite/scum bag cancer, that riddles the organization itself. Its a representation of self serving countries that range from poo farms to superpowers. Its NOT going to work or deter any one of any significance from anything, in its current form.(ie)The Nuke club and the upcoming wana be's, not to mention the 4 soon to be world superpowers. Whats that saying? "Too many cooks in the kitchen.";)

The only possible way the U.N is ever going to work, is by creating a trully independant multinational military with all the capabilties of the big boys, that ironicly enough, would be built by them and all other countries wishing to be part of the U.N.Under the control of a diplomatic governing body with the real well and good of all at heart. Say a two 3rd's majority veto vote on all issues too. If such a force existed, that could trully work independantly as a whole, away from the member countries of origins politics and with the spirit that the U.N was built with "to stop war" and do what the majority vote wished. We might have a real U.N. if that kind of a U.N existed. If the world really wants peace, then all the gov in the U.N should put their $ where their mouth is. It would not involve reducing military powers and trying to arange agreements that don't get met in reality anyway which is the current mind set.It would fight fire with fire. Would the U.S need to invade Iraq with such a thing? Would Russia be allowed to invade Georgia with a force like that comming to respond? I think not. This force would also ba able to force human rights charges and changes on to half the current active members while they are at it too.

However this is not the likley case, so in the meantime I'll watch the madness in high definition, hey maybe if we are lucky we'll get to see an A bomb go off in HD, that would be cool.:cool:

America will soon be a backward nation just listening to these people. There's a fair chance these clowns (link) were many of the ones dancing in the streets celebrating the fact they'd just voted their jobs away.

This link is proof of the sadness that awaits the U.S.

Full doco comes out in January.

http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

Revisiting the FDR years?:(

America will soon be a backward nation just listening to these people. There's a fair chance these clowns (link) were many of the ones dancing in the streets celebrating the fact they'd just voted their jobs away.

This interview is all that you need to know about that s**t site.
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/11/interview-with-john-ziegler-on-zogby.html

Ha!:D You mean the crowd in which half of them danced about losing their jobs or the half that didn't have one anyway?The sadness that awaits the U.S may be far worse than losing one's job I'm afraid.Remember this?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IpiNfuG8YY8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IpiNfuG8YY8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Its totaly probable and then there is the election winning issue, the Economy.Here is one of the few people who could actually explain the issue that will effect the U.S that made any sense to anyone.Do you think B.O is going to bring any hope and change here on this issue? How do you think he will fix this?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/COtE1J5NMbo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/COtE1J5NMbo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The lack of independents by so many voters is the real issue, most people have no f'ing idea. They watch T.V, which sways heavily left except fox or they listen to talk radio which is heavily right.(Remember the fairness doctrine Chuck Schumer was raving about on election night?)Now thats scary.I don't hear most of those crying about the patriot act even saying a peep about this issue? WTF!? So let me get this straight liberals? You think the destruction of free speech is somehow ok but then the gov listening in on would be mass murderers is criminal?

The lack of independents by so many voters is the real issue, most people have no f'ing idea. They watch T.V, which sways heavily left except fox or they listen to talk radio which is heavily right.(Remember the fairness doctrine Chuck Schumer was raving about on election night?)Now thats scary.I don't hear most of those crying about the patriot act even saying a peep about this issue? WTF!? So let me get this straight liberals? You think the destruction of free speech is somehow ok but then the gov listening in on would be mass murderers is criminal?

Reality has a liberal bias.

I really would like righties to stop whinging about how they expect Obama to fix the problems which were caused by them in the first place.

As for the Patriot Act and wiretapping, these are two separate issues. However, both are rubbish, and at least one is unconstitutional.

Reality has a liberal bias.

I really would like righties to stop whinging about how they expect Obama to fix the problems which were caused by them in the first place.

As for the Patriot Act and wiretapping, these are two separate issues. However, both are rubbish, and at least one is unconstitutional.

Well, "the righties" will do it all day long, because B.O did say, he would change the world. After 8 years of hearing their party beaten like a mule how do yu think they are going to act now the DEMS are in? He was also elected because of the absolute s**t job, Bush and his crew did. Its funny, I think Bush did more to ruin the inside of the US than he ever did the outside world, but you rarely here it. Obama came in preaching change and he was elected on it. Polosi was already up there, winging about how the expectations are so high. No f'ing s**t, dumb ass! WTF did she expect? Ofcoarse he is going to have it held to him. He is under the gun more than anyone ever, congrats. You wanted to be president, you wanted the job of cleaning up this mess! Bloody act like it and dont complain about expectations. The reality is, this is early showing of the blame strategy for the Dems to try and get away with the old "Bush screwed it, so we have to fix it" excuse rather than actually fix things. I didn't expect anything more or less form the Dems, so typical.Also the problems in America have been brewing for just a weeeeeee bit longer than 8 years ago too.Thats the truth. B.O impact wont truly be felt for about 4-8 years.So it's a no win anyway for him.If stocks keep going down it will rapidly go from the righties blaming obama to everyone blaming obama. Just wait and watch.

As for the patriot act, I was talking about the "Fairness doctrine" not the patriot act or wire tapping. I was wondering why the same folk are not cryng about that.:confused: Last I checked the 1st amendment is freedom of speech. Were did all those constiutionalists on the left go on that one? Anyway on that patriot act issue, the only real problem I have with the idea is that its being used in drug cases ect as evidence without warrents .Its should never be used in domestic criminal and civil cases without warrents. I have no problem with the gov using that method on genuine torrorism activities without warrents though. Why would I? If it means they may listen in on me ordering a steak "bomb" pizza, who cares? I'd say it would be a crime if they wern't doing their bloody job to protect me and everyone else.To play devils advocate here, what makes anyone think they are already not being watched? Your emails and phone calls sms ect have been for quite some time going through various filters. Like the words "terrorist" and "bomb" for example. Lets all wave and say hi from BIGFOOTY to echelon and the NSA!:D:thumbsu:

Much of the financial mess regarding housing was caused by democrats blocking the reform bills Bush and McCain wanted to pass.

Galactic good point on "Fairness doctrine". Leftist say we should be tolerant and respectful of other peoples beliefs but it seems they'll only be tolerant of other peoples beliefs if it reflects their own. How convenient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So the attack politics begins... I´m sure that film will be just as cutting edge as that crap about the Clintons being drug dealing murderers. Pathetic

Much of the financial mess regarding housing was caused by democrats blocking the reform bills Bush and McCain wanted to pass.

This gets conveniently ignored as well Cam.

this by Kohler, dont know where its from I got it via email

CDOs were invented by Michael Milken’s Drexel Burnham Lambert in the late 1980s as a way to bundle asset backed securities into tranches with the same rating, so that investors could focus simply on the rating rather than the issuer of the bond.

About a decade later, a team working within JP Morgan Chase invented credit default swaps, which are contractual bets between two parties about whether a third party will default on its debt. In 2000 these were made legal, and at the same time were prevented from being regulated, by the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which specifies that products offered by banking institutions could not be regulated as futures contracts.

This bill, by the way, was 11,000 pages long, was never debated by Congress and was signed into law by President Clinton a week after it was passed. It lies at the root of America’s failure to regulate the debt derivatives that are now threatening the global economy.

Bump.

In light of their continued progression of "mah gun rights shall never be taken away" (even though we shoot thousands of people a year excluding suicide)

"wind back health care further"

"wind back mental health care"

increasing partisan divide which appears to lead to distinct mass media flavors (one side says Fox is propaganda, the other says the same about CNN/ NBC)

it would appear that even if they weren't backwards at the time of the OP, they seem to be going in a backwards direction.

(in b4 but the stockmarket is going up)

Yes... and old mate Trumpetbum has accelerated the decline.

There was a book published around 2010 by Ian Morris called Why the West Rules - For Now. In it he predicts the rise of China and the relative decline of the USA but he thinks China will overtake them by about 2050. Seems to be happening much faster than that. The religious right is attacking and undermining education and with it the basis of science and progress. You can't be a great nation in the modern world without technical, engineering and scientific prowess, and you can't do that without education. The MAGA slogan is going to be one of the great ironies of history, the slogan of the man who actually accelerated the decline.

FFS they don't even use the metric system.

Much of the Golden Era of American greatness is historical accident anyway. they were the only major industrlialised nation to escape widespread devastation during WW2, so they started the second half of the twentieth century a mile ahead of everyone else.

Florida thinks pr0n is a greater danger to the publics health then semi automatic weapons.
The answer can't be anything but yes.

Holy s**t, what happens when the two start to morph together?

1445081818393.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back