USA Mid Term elections in November

Remove this Banner Ad

Christian Taliban.

As much as the referendum result depressed me, at least I don't live in Gilead.

If the next election is anything like most recent ones and Trump is on the ballot there's no way this guy will certify the result. It might not even have to be close and he still won't do it.

Handmaids Tale No GIF by Videoland

I had predicted something like this. Trump was always going to bully his minions to vote for a MAGAist. Unless the floor vote was secret ballot, those pussies weren't going to stand up for any principles they might have had. MAGA got their rub and tug, but the guys in the purple districts are going to have some trouble next election. Just how much damage they do in the meantime is unknown, but there will be some.
Everyone of those so-called moderate GOP who caved should never be forgiven not allowed to be forgotten for their failures show leadership and ethical standards.

I had predicted something like this. Trump was always going to bully his minions to vote for a MAGAist. Unless the floor vote was secret ballot, those pussies weren't going to stand up for any principles they might have had. MAGA got their rub and tug, but the guys in the purple districts are going to have some trouble next election. Just how much damage they do in the meantime is unknown, but there will be some.
Everyone of those so-called moderate GOP who caved should never be forgiven not allowed to be forgotten for their failures show leadership and ethical standards.
If the Dems saw this coming Spearman perhaps they should have voted to keep McCarthy in the chair?
This fwit will likely do his best to push MAGA including not certifying ECVotes from certain States if they lose in 2024☹️

If the Dems saw this coming Spearman perhaps they should have voted to keep McCarthy in the chair?
This fwit will likely do his best to push MAGA including not certifying ECVotes from certain States if they lose in 2024☹️
McCarthy was already dead man walking. They would have found a way to knife him. The Dems were sick of him as well. Unless you have all the leverage, you can't deal with someone who won't keep his side. Dems shouldn't have to sacrifice themselves and make the GOP to carry on.
I admit, the devil you know angle is attractive in hindsight. But you can't put it on the Dems. The responsibility is solely on the moderate GOP for not standing up to the MAGAists and Trump's crazies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So weed legalised in Ohio, making it the 24th state in the US.

Can states in Australia legalise it independently of the feds? (Which I believe is the case in the US).

I'm not sure either party would be brave enough to bring it in here federally
Dan Andrews should've shown some knackerbag and legalised it here in Vic prior to his exit. He was never going to the next election and based on the "Danslide" of 2022 had carte blanche to do some really brave stuff. But didn't, disappointingly.

So weed legalised in Ohio, making it the 24th state in the US.

Can states in Australia legalise it independently of the feds? (Which I believe is the case in the US).

I'm not sure either party would be brave enough to bring it in here federally
As long as it is smoking it in your own home

Dan Andrews should've shown some knackerbag and legalised it here in Vic prior to his exit. He was never going to the next election and based on the "Danslide" of 2022 had carte blanche to do some really brave stuff. But didn't, disappointingly.
After all that has been done to curb smoking, it doesn't seem logical to encourage it.

After all that has been done to curb smoking, it doesn't seem logical to encourage it.
There are more ways to ingest than just smoke, even if you consider vapes to be similar.
Doctors are also prescribing oils for example, and be careful if you order brownies in Fitzroy North...

Downside of increased use will be presentations to ED of people with vomiting and abdo pain (cannabis hypermedia’s syndrome) though maybe balanced by a reduction in chronic pain presentations.
And perhaps a decrease in assault and alcohol related injuries?

And perhaps a decrease in assault and alcohol related injuries?
Maybe. Certainly alcohol and alcohol induced suicidality and aggression is bigger than cannabis but how much is due to much more alcohol vs cannabis use is difficult to answer.

Maybe. Certainly alcohol and alcohol induced suicidality and aggression is bigger than cannabis but how much is due to much more alcohol vs cannabis use is difficult to answer.

No, no, you're not doing it right!

This is BF. No measured posts conceding you don't have all the facts Cranky! Take an extremist position, spout some made up justification as fact, then double down. 😆

Sorry, my sarcasm above is my way of saying I appreciate your posting in general (even if I don't always agree). There are many others in this thread and others on the NFR boards who engage in reasoned discussions in good faith, without resorting to extremism, hyperbole, and name-calling. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back