Play Nice USA President Donald Trump -Game On

Remove this Banner Ad

Try harder , never seen either 4chan or reddit , my political influences are based on being raised by my Marxist-Leninist grandparents by my military experience while on service in Africa and by reading countless books on history and religion .

I had friends who served in Africa in the 90s on "Peace Keeping" missions. One, who was in Rwanda, has the worst PTSD I have ever seen. If you want to really know what "triggering" is - 10 years ago you could sit in the pub with him, say "So how was Africa @#$%?" then sit back and watch the carnage.

The cruelty of what happened there is unfathomable, but to me its also unforgivable that our soldiers were sent there under the circumstances they were sent and with the RoE they had. "Peace keeping" as a fully armed and trained soldier capable of stopping the individual acts of carnage but with specific rules that prevented them from intervening unless attacked - what a joke. FWIW

I had friends who served in Africa in the 90s on "Peace Keeping" missions. One, who was in Rwanda, has the worst PTSD I have ever seen. If you want to really know what "triggering" is - 10 years ago you could sit in the pub with him, say "So how was Africa @#$%?" then sit back and watch the carnage.

The cruelty of what happened there is unfathomable, but to me its also unforgivable that our soldiers were sent there under the circumstances they were sent and with the RoE they had. "Peace keeping" as a fully armed and trained soldier capable of stopping the individual acts of carnage but with specific rules that prevented them from intervening unless attacked - what a joke. FWIW

You didn't really do that did you?

You didn't really do that did you?

No, no way ... but there were a few times when genuinely well meaning people asked him about it and he lost it.

Not at them but over the course of the night. He'd usually end up picking fights with the biggest toughest people he could. There were a couple of times when people would ask him and I genuinely put my face in the palm of my hand, like the meme, and thought "s**t ... here we go again" or "no please don't say that...". The mere mention of the place and you would see his eyes react straight away. It was still in people's memories 10 - 15 years ago so it happened a few times that I saw and more that i heard about.

He is a bit better than he was now. Its ****ed that we don't support returned soldiers enough. War *s peoples heads up and sometimes coming home to "normality" can make it worse.

I find it amusing how quickly this topic became boring for me.

Only another 4 years until the greatest suit show on earth makes a reappearance.

In the mean time we should pursue a greater alliance with China.

I find it amusing how quickly this topic became boring for me.

Only another 4 years until the greatest suit show on earth makes a reappearance.

In the mean time we should pursue a greater alliance with China.
Then your either trolling or just plain stupid, yeah lets pursue a greater relationship with the worst offender of human rights on this planet ( because presumably economics ) outside of North Korea but yeah isn't that Trump guy a fascist / racist / sexist....another utterly lacking in self awareness .

Then your either trolling or just plain stupid, yeah lets pursue a greater relationship with the worst offender of human rights on this planet ( because presumably economics ) outside of North Korea but yeah isn't that Trump guy a fascist / racist / sexist....another utterly lacking in self awareness .

So I am either a troll or stupid and I am lacking in self awareness.

Thank you faceless internet person for being able to psychoanalyse me on the basis of just a few words.

You should bottle your talent and sell it you'd make bazillions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Julian Assange on Clinton & Trump.

What about Donald Trump? What is going to happen?

"If the question is how I personally feel about the situation, I am mixed: Hillary Clinton and the network around her imprisoned one of our alleged sources for 35 years, Chelsea Manning, tortured her according to the United Nations, in order to implicate me personally. According to our publications Hillary Clinton was the chief proponent and the architect of the war against Libya. It is clear that she pursued this war as a staging effort for her Presidential bid. It wasn't even a war for an ideological purpose. This war ended up producing the refugee crisis in Europe, changing the political colour of Europe, killing more than 40,000 people within a year in Libya, while the arms from Libya went to Mali and other places, boosting or causing civil wars, including the Syrian catastrophe. If someone and their network behave like that, then there are consequences. Internal and external opponents are generated. Now there is a separate question on what Donald Trump means".

What do you think he means?
"Hillary Clinton's election would have been a consolidation of power in the existing ruling class of the United States. Donald Trump is not a DC insider, he is part of the wealthy ruling elite of the United States, and he is gathering around him a spectrum of other rich people and several idiosyncratic personalities. They do not by themselves form an existing structure, so it is a weak structure which is displacing and destabilising the pre-existing central power network within DC. It is a new patronage structure which will evolve rapidly, but at the moment its looseness means there are opportunities for change in the United States: change for the worse and change for the better".

But they're communists and not white so get a huge pass for everything

Love Donald's trolling of Lockheed Martin and the F35 project. Most expensive military project in history for what will at the end, produce an inferior aircraft then the airplanes it is meant to replace.

Am still astounded that we have decided to buy 70 odd of this aircraft at 150mill a pop when we're currently in such a huge budgetary crisis.

Love Donald's trolling of Lockheed Martin and the F35 project. Most expensive military project in history for what will at the end, produce an inferior aircraft then the airplanes it is meant to replace.

Am still astounded that we have decided to buy 70 odd of this aircraft at 150mill a pop when we're currently in such a huge budgetary crisis.

Yeah same here. One worthwhile thing Trump could do would be end that disaster. If we were serious about our military defence we'd spend that 10 billion bucks on drones and developing NBC weapons/wmds. Which is a horrible horrific idea.

For the otherside of the (pay)wall...

HOLLYWOOD’S moral compass has always been askew. That tends to happen when you mix enormous incomes, unchecked adulation and rampant drug abuse with a smug world view born of privilege.

The same folk who celebrate a child rapist like director Roman Polanski are sickened that the American people dared elect a candidate they don’t like.

DONALD TRUMP FIRES BACK AT MERYL STREEP

Meryl Streep had no qualms about giving Polanski — who drugged and anally raped a 13-year-old and then fled to France to escape justice — a standing ovation when he won an Oscar for The Pianist in 2003, and has spoken of her sorrow for his plight.

Streep was preaching to the converted on Monday when she delivered an elegant but vacuous rant that was dripping in hypocrisy and hyperbole.

In decrying president-elect Donald Trump during her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes, Streep indulged in disingenuous victim playing and baseless scaremongering.

From painting the film industry and the media as the “most vilified segments of American society” to insinuating that Trump intended to deport scores of foreigners regardless of their legal status.

After naming several foreign-born actors, all in the US legally, Streep said: “Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if we kick them all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.”

f3b0ef5c1a8a8aa10752e4ad81e18bff

Meryl Streep accepts the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards. Picture: Getty Images
Never mind how conceited that statement is but it’s also utterly untrue and unprincipled.

If Streep were genuinely concerned about foreigners facing deportation then she’d call out the man who has deported more foreigners than any other president in US history; Hollywood darling Barack Obama.

As the “Deporter in Chief”, Obama’s administration has deported more than 2.5 million people between 2009 and 2015. That astounding figure doesn’t include the numbers deported in Obama’s final year in office.

By the way, Meryl, you’ll find far more diversity in the MMA and football than on most Hollywood films.

But she wasn’t finished there; Streep then launched into an impassioned plea on behalf of the downtrodden, denouncing Trump’s bullyboy tactics in mocking a disabled reporter.

“There was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart,” she said.

“It ... it kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can’t get it out my head because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life.”

Except the incident didn’t happen this year, it occurred on the campaign trail in 2015, and has since been debunked in the eyes of many as a storm in a teacup.

06400330ddf9925bfb6242dabc90b759

Meryl Streep with then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Picture: AP
It would be deplorable if Trump knowingly mocked a disabled man for his disabilities but it appears that’s not what happened at all.

Indeed, Trump has a habit of flailing his arms around when mocking his opponents, who are, typically, able-bodied, and there is plenty of footage of him behaving in this uncouth manner.

It seems highly unlikely that he was aware of the journalist’s physical handicap when he mocked him during a speech.

Streep’s most poignant line of the night was the following:

“Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose.”

Sadly, it was also the most hypocritical. Hollywood’s rich and powerful are known to exclude and punish ideological opponents, ie, conservatives.

And if Streep really wants to speak out on behalf of the disabled and disempowered, then she could’ve mentioned the hate crime that came to light last week.

Four anti-Trump African-Americans kidnapped a disabled white man who was subjected to hideous cruelty over 24 hours. The torture and humiliation of this man was recorded and shared on Facebook. During the prolonged assault in a Chicago residence, the suspects are heard yelling, “F--- Donald Trump! F--- white people!”, as they kick and cut their victim and forced him to crawl on all fours and drink from the toilet.

Can you imagine the worldwide furore if four Trump supporters had kidnapped a special needs African-American man and tortured him on video while yelling anti-black, anti-Clinton slurs?

It would lead to protests, riots and saturation media coverage where Trump and Republicans would be blamed for creating an atmosphere of hate and violence.

10a49d5a342e88c458266e4838f19996

President-elect Donald Trump. Picture: Getty Images
But the violence sparked by the hyperbolic nonsense aimed at Trump and his supporters is rarely examined by the Left-leaning media.

We were told that it would be Trump voters who wouldn’t accept an election loss and would resort to violence but it’s been Clinton’s supporters who have trashed cities and beaten innocent people in politically motivated assaults.

The celebrity and media classes who campaigned relentlessly against Trump appear incapable of accepting reality.

Of course Streep’s tone-deaf speech was applauded by like-minded celebrities and media who seem hellbent on maintaining an almighty post-election tantrum.

Their prolonged hissy fit shows only how entitled and out of touch they are with the mainstream, both Republican and Democrat, who have accepted the election result.

It must be hard not to be smug and petulant when you’re acclaimed as a rare genius for regurgitating someone else’s words.

The same Hollywood community that celebrates child rapists and wife bashers feels entitled to tell Americans how to think and who to vote for.

There’s an Argentinian expression, “vivir en una nube de pedo”. The literal translation is
“to live on a cloud made of farts” but it’s used to describe those who are out of touch with reality.

I can think of no finer description for the Hollywood elite.

rita.panahi@news.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back