Play Nice USA President Donald Trump -Game On

Remove this Banner Ad

SBS had a special the other night on them both. It's like the choice between a needle in the right arm or left arm.

When i hear him speak I cringe, but unfortunately, her screeching is every bit as bad.

Obama can turn it up a bit when he needs to, but his general manner and presentation is a cut above - way more than that actually. The world will be worse off after he steps down, no matter who wins this.

When i hear him speak I cringe, but unfortunately, her screeching is every bit as bad.

Obama can turn it up a bit when he needs to, but his general manner and presentation is a cut above - way more than that actually. The world will be worse off after he steps down, no matter who wins this.

He ran into the worst economic crisis since 1930 which didn't help things early on

SBS had a special the other night on them both. It's like the choice between a needle in the right arm or left arm.
This is very interesting viewing:

Pilger has made a number of eye opening films and gives a really good macro view of geopolitics atm. In short, it don't matter who wins, the machine will keep on churning and the States will keep on 'making the world America'.

Big night for me with lots of freeroll wagers riding including-

Hillary for POTUS, McMullin in Utah, Dems in Florida, Dems in Nevada, Dems in Michigan, GOP in Wisconsin + GOP in Pennsylvania.

Time for some popcorn.

This is very interesting viewing:

Pilger has made a number of eye opening films and gives a really good macro view of geopolitics atm. In short, it don't matter who wins, the machine will keep on churning and the States will keep on 'making the world America'.

Interesting to actually see if that would be the case if the US falls under a Trump administration.

He is the ultra isolationist and on the face of it many of his 'policies' seem to run counter to the continued spread of free trade and US hegemony throughout the world. He's shown very little interest towards the Asia-Pacific, with the exception of trying to curtail China's economic influence, and his attitudes towards the Middle East and South America seem to have a priority on security at home, rather than a continued spread of influence abroad. If he does win it seems that his foreign policy objectives will largely be decided by who he surrounds himself with and the personal ideologies of those people.

As the great champion of the pivot toward Asia and a dominant influence in much of US' Middle East policy it would appear that a Clinton presidency would be a case of more of the same in this area, but Trump would be a real wildcard.

There's a strange, cynical part of me that wants to see Trump win simply to witness what would actually happen both domestically in the US and what the wider ramifications would be. It would be a truly fascinating, and most likely disastrous, period of politics if it were to happen, but it could seriously rock the foundation upon which the US hegemony is built.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to actually see if that would be the case if the US falls under a Trump administration.

He is the ultra isolationist and on the face of it many of his 'policies' seem to run counter to the continued spread of free trade and US hegemony throughout the world. He's shown very little interest towards the Asia-Pacific, with the exception of trying to curtail China's economic influence, and his attitudes towards the Middle East and South America seem to have a priority on security at home, rather than a continued spread of influence abroad. If he does win it seems that his foreign policy objectives will largely be decided by who he surrounds himself with and the personal ideologies of those people.

As the great champion of the pivot toward Asia and a dominant influence in much of US' Middle East policy it would appear that a Clinton presidency would be a case of more of the same in this area, but Trump would be a real wildcard.

There's a strange, cynical part of me that wants to see Trump win simply to witness what would actually happen both domestically in the US and what the wider ramifications would be. It would be a truly fascinating, and most likely disastrous, period of politics if it were to happen, but it could seriously rock the foundation upon which the US hegemony is built.
It would be interesting to see if he could wield enough influence to change the direction of US foreign policy but there is simply no way this guy can be trusted to do what he says. He isn't an ideologue. s**t, I'm not sure what he is.

Regardless i don't think the powers that be will allow him to steer US in any other direction than the direction they want it to go but that mouth of his could certainly throw some hand grenades.

If Americans vote in Trump, then I guess they deserve him.

It would be interesting to see if he could wield enough influence to change the direction of US foreign policy but there is simply no way this guy can be trusted to do what he says. He isn't an ideologue. s**t, I'm not sure what he is.

Regardless i don't think the powers that be will allow him to steer US in any other direction than the direction they want it to go but that mouth of his could certainly throw some hand grenades.

Yeah, agree. It would be hard to see him get many of his proposals through congress, given that even most of his 'own' party think he's batshit crazy. If it remains a GOP congress though, there's a chance that they'll push through some of his proposals in the interest of putting on a front of party unity. They wouldn't want 4 years of friction between a Republican congress and a Republican President with the President likely calling them out publicly on every blocked piece of legislation in the lead up to the next election. That would be disastrous.

It just depends what it is that they decide to concede. I mean, these tax increases on foreign goods from places like Mexico, but particularly China, is the antithesis of what so many people in that party stand for, yet it is one the key policy initiatives of his campaign so you would think it would be a legislative priority. It would just depend on which side budges first.

Yeah, agree. It would be hard to see him get many of his proposals through congress, given that even most of his 'own' party think he's batshit crazy. If it remains a GOP congress though, there's a chance that they'll push through some of his proposals in the interest of putting on a front of party unity. They wouldn't want 4 years of friction between a Republican congress and a Republican President with the President likely calling them out publicly on every blocked piece of legislation in the lead up to the next election. That would be disastrous.

It just depends what it is that they decide to concede. I mean, these tax increases on foreign goods from places like Mexico, but particularly China, is the antithesis of what so many people in that party stand for, yet it is one the key policy initiatives of his campaign so you would think it would be a legislative priority. It would just depend on which side budges first.

You need 60 votes for senate approval and the GOP wont have that even if Trump wins in a landslide so he will need to use executive orders which he can do on tariffs however its more difficult on immigration related issues.

You need 60 votes for senate approval and the GOP wont have that even if Trump wins in a landslide so he will need to use executive orders which he can do on tariffs however its more difficult on immigration related issues.
Yeah I knew it was something like that but I couldn't remember the specifics. Although, to be honest, that's an indictment on my memory seeing as though I only studied US Foreign Policy just last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back