USA to take on Australia at Etihad in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Lebron the first player to confirm he won't be playing the World Champs nor the Aussie exhibition games.

Sounds like USA team are talking to Zion about possibly being part of their set up though so that would be pretty cool.

Knew when I got the tickets that a big game player ( more likely a host of players ) wouldn't be coming/pulling out ( pardon the pun ) at the time I didn't really care when I got the tickets, could just flog them off ( pardon the pun ) even when they were supposedly coming ( pardon the pun ) I still didn't give a * and it mighten be enough to make me come myself ( pardon the pun )

I can't foresee Curry making the trip over. Durant, probably not. Too far to travel for these campaigners. They'd rather post s**t on instagram etc

20 man training squad was announced.

Damian Lillard
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Kemba Walker
CJ McCollum
Khris Middleton
Kevin Love
Donovan Mitchell
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Kuzma
Brook Lopez
Andre Drummond
Tobias Harris
Myles Turner
Harrison Barnes
Bradley Beal
Eric Gordon
Paul Millsap
PJ Tucker
Kyle Lowry

20 man training squad was announced.

Damian Lillard
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Kemba Walker
CJ McCollum
Khris Middleton
Kevin Love
Donovan Mitchell
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Kuzma
Brook Lopez
Andre Drummond
Tobias Harris
Myles Turner
Harrison Barnes
Bradley Beal
Eric Gordon
Paul Millsap
PJ Tucker
Kyle Lowry

Solid at the one and two.

Just saw the squad now and it's what I expected. * that I won't bother. Garbage squad compared to what's on offer. Got tickets too but it doesn't interest me a bit.

Out of those the only one's I'd like to see are Lillard and Mitchell.

Just saw the squad now and it's what I expected. **** that I won't bother. Garbage squad compared to what's on offer. Got tickets too but it doesn't interest me a bit.

No interest in the potential MVP or AD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the squad now and it's what I expected. **** that I won't bother. Garbage squad compared to what's on offer. Got tickets too but it doesn't interest me a bit.

That’s a decent squad

Don’t know what u expected

Leflog was never coming down under and Kawhi, Steph, KD were never coming with deep playoff runs expected

Dude that is a high quality squad. I will be surprised if all those guys end up coming.

It's a shame no Kyrie though. I would have thought with his aussie connection he'd be a chance

You will get the players who declare to play in the World Champs. As people have said some of the Super SUPER starsforego the olympics (curry last year for example) so plenty will be skipping world champs as it wont mean anything to them. Dont buy a ticket expecting Lebron, KD, Curry, kyrie, Harden etc. You might get one of them but it will mostly be the upcoming stars like KAT, Tatum, Mitchell etc. Still high quality but not the elite IMHO.

Also short term contracts are becoming more normal now so not 100% sure if free agency will be finalised by then but any big name in Free Agency at that time will not be risking tens of millions to cop a Paul George style injury.

From the initial promotion of Lebron, Curry, Harden, Kyrie, Durant, AD etc, to:....

And it sounds like Love and Lowry are both questionable as well. Pretty ordinary squad! Lillard and Mitchell the only 2 players on that list to get excited about IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back