Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Travelling over to the states next year. Spending the last 3 days in Los Angeles area before we fly home. Looking at staying outside LA maybe coast or inland.

Anybody have any recommendations on anywhere to stay along coast or inland? Happy to drive/transport to get somewhere.
I'd look up San Clemente, Huntington Beach, Azusa or maybe Palm Springs. Huntington is probably a little too close too LA, but it's a beautiful area that feels a long way from LA, San Clemente is the same but a lot quieter.

Travelling over to the states next year. Spending the last 3 days in Los Angeles area before we fly home. Looking at staying outside LA maybe coast or inland.

Anybody have any recommendations on anywhere to stay along coast or inland? Happy to drive/transport to get somewhere.

Pacific Palisades is my muse at the moment.

Spent a day in Santa Barbara and it seemed very nice, was a 2-3 hour train ride from LA.

Is San Diego worth visiting? I’ve got 8 days at the end of Jan in California. I was planning on 3 nights in SF, 3 in LA and 2 in San Diego. By the time I get there it’ll pretty much be one full day in San Diego so should I just skip it and have 4 nights in the 2 bigger cities or stick with what I planned? Cheers

Is San Diego worth visiting? I’ve got 8 days at the end of Jan in California. I was planning on 3 nights in SF, 3 in LA and 2 in San Diego. By the time I get there it’ll pretty much be one full day in San Diego so should I just skip it and have 4 nights in the 2 bigger cities or stick with what I planned? Cheers
I heard it's a pretty shitty town, know someone originally from there who has no desire to go back. They live in New York essentially though but yeah, Americans love repping what they can so I'd say it isn't worth it.

Were you the guy who said Milwaukee was a good go but not as good as Madison? I really liked Milwaukee and very glad I went. One of my favourite cities I've been to I reckon.

San Diego is far better than LA. Pacific Beach is just like Venice beach, but less people and less tourists. Still a fair few people around though. Plus you can go to Tijuana easily from San Diego if you want as well

San Diego reminded me of an American version of Perth.... not too heavy on tourist attractions, but certainly the place to unwind in the sun/beach... nightlife is decent/talent (It's so cal)... didn't go to the zoo but heard it's overrated

Hi,

I'm a big UFC fan and will be looking at going to Las Vegas in early July for International Fight Week.

Does anyone know of any cheap accomodation (below $100) near the T-Mobile Arena? If not, general accomodation options in Las Vegas?

When I went to the McGregor vs Mayweather fight at the same arena I stayed at the Thunderbird Motel. its about half way between The Strip and the downtown area but there is a bus stop a short walk away that will take you close to the arena. its not for those who want the 'Las Vegas experience' but it served its purpose perfectly fine.

Here is a tip for new york

Do NOT use Top View for the hop on hop off bus tours.

******* useless campaigners
Here is a tip.

Do not use HOP on HOP off buses off any sort, anywhere!

Go to Sacramento or Yosemite or Napa Valley

Here is a tip.

Do not use HOP on HOP off buses off any sort, anywhere!

why not?

its a great way (usually) to get around to see the main sites so you can work out which ones you want to go back and spend some more time at. assuming you have enough days to be able to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why not?

its a great way (usually) to get around to see the main sites so you can work out which ones you want to go back and spend some more time at. assuming you have enough days to be able to do that.
Or you could walk or make you own way to them and discover the cool hidden places in between

we leave for the USA tomorrow for 3 weeks, can't wait!

i just booked us (group) in to have Thanksgiving Dinner at a place close to our hotel in New York!

-18lb smoked turkey
-Mashed potato
-cornbread, sausage and pecan stuffing
-sweet potatoes topped with marshmellows...
-homemade cranberry sauce
candied brussel sprouts with pecans and smoked bacon
-green beans
-buttermilk buscuits
-Apple Pie

very much looking forward to this!

so how was the food?

so how was the food?

Food was good! However that post you quoted of mine didn't end up happening, they sold out of the thanksgiving menu just as we arrived

Had some good brisket though instead!

One of the other guys with us was keen to try as many of the burger places as possible, we had them ranked as:

5 guys
Wahlburgers
Shake shack
In n out

For chicken, Chik Fil A was amazing.

Cheesecake factory was pretty good too, huge servings though

Snack wise we found a few different things, chocolate covered bacon was the most interesting one though

And at MetLife stadium for the NFL you can buy a stick of bacon covered in maple syrup. Amazing.

But by far and away the best thing we did was a good tour with famous fat dave. He is amazing. Drives you around to all different parts of new York tasting food from places you would never go to.

Deep fried Oreos was our favourite

Food was good! However that post you quoted of mine didn't end up happening, they sold out of the thanksgiving menu just as we arrived

One of the other guys with us was keen to try as many of the burger places as possible, we had them ranked as:

5 guys
Wahlburgers
Shake shack
In n out

Snack wise we found a few different things, chocolate covered bacon was the most interesting one though

And at MetLife stadium for the NFL you can buy a stick of bacon covered in maple syrup. Amazing.

But by far and away the best thing we did was a good tour with famous fat dave. He is amazing. Drives you around to all different parts of new York tasting food from places you would never go to.

Bacon with maple syrup and deep fried oreos. lol. Sounds both revolting and highly intriguing at the same time.

Bacon with maple syrup and deep fried oreos. lol. Sounds both revolting and highly intriguing at the same time.

Will be attempting to make deep fried Oreos in the future. It was amazing.

It does mess with your mind though lol

5 guys
Wahlburgers
Shake shack
In n out

I had shake shack a mile in front of all others.

In and Out was incredibly disappointing.

I had shake shack a mile in front of all others.

In and Out was incredibly disappointing.
Agree 100%

It is so much better than any other burger. There is no competition.

The only thing I enjoyed almost as much as Shake shack was Chipotle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back