All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
Hi
before I start, let me just say I'm feeling a bit stupid tonight. I've tried to work it out but for some reason, it's not coming to me. This is getting me very frustrated and annoyed and hence why I'm asking the much smarter people on Big Footy. Please help me?

I am heading to the USA in December and want to buy some NBA and NFL tickets. I am trying to buy some tickets to the Golden State Warriors vs Los Angles tickets on Christmas Night but the tickets say "mobile transfer" or scan the tickets on your phone.

I am looking at both Stubhub and NBA tickets on nba.com.

Now, I've bought NBA tickets before but have been able to print the tickets as have the tangiable tickets in my hand. However getting the tickets on my phone has me worried as I am not keen to spend like $2000 and have the tickets floating around in cyber world. With me being in Australia and the NBA are international, how will I receive the notification and how do I receive my tickets?

Had anyone done this before? can you please help.

I went to an NFL pre season game in August and the only tickets were mobile tickets, so that might be the case for this game. If you are getting tickets on Stubhub or NBA.com you should be fine. Save them in you wallet if you have a Iphone and also take a screen shot of the ticket before you leave if you cant get Wi Fi outside the arena.

I've been to Oracle as well and the Wi Fi there is great and was on all the time I was there as well.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I ended up buying them. Well trying to buy them.

I processed my tickets information, credit card details and billing address and then clicked confirm.

Then the Ticketmaster system crashed by saying something like, “this is our problem, not yours. Try again”

However, the money has been deducted from credit card. It’s only pending at this stage but * me, this process has been a massive head *.

If the money or tickets are not in my account by 8 o’clock tonight, I’m ringing my bank.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I ended up buying them. Well trying to buy them.

I processed my tickets information, credit card details and billing address and then clicked confirm.

Then the Ticketmaster system crashed by saying something like, “this is our problem, not yours. Try again”

However, the money has been deducted from credit card. It’s only pending at this stage but **** me, this process has been a massive head ****.

If the money or tickets are not in my account by 8 o’clock tonight, I’m ringing my bank.

I had this exact same problem last friday trying to get an NBA ticket.

Ticketmaster told me they didn't process the transaction and the money should go back on my credit card. I'm still waiting...

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
Heading to the US for the first time next week, super keen for Devils v Caps that we've got locked in.

Whats the chances of getting MLB playoff tickets?

If NYY win their wildcard game, I think we'll be there for ALDS series week....
You will be able to get tickets but they won’t be cheap especially if they are playing the Red Sox. I’ve used stubhub before over there with no problems.

My NFL and WWE PPV tickets i printed.
My WWE TV, NHL and NBA tix i just have to download the apps when i get there - pretty simple.

5 weeks until i leave - pretty excited!

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Booked a trip for mid December through mid January. About to get onto accommodation ASAP.

Heading to San Fran, Philly, Boston, New York, Orlando, Vegas and LA.

Leaning towards booking AirBNB for the majority of places as it will allow my mate and I more room, the ability to chill in the place cook/order takeaway and have some beers watching sports before doing something else. I feel like being in a hotel won't really allow this, we'll be forced to head out more which will make things more expensive. The other consideration was staying in a hostel at a few cities. What options do people recommend?

And in terms of location do you suggest staying smack bang in the city for the major cities? Just having a brief looking at AirBNBs some parts a short 15 min trip are cheaper in places like New York and Boston. For Vegas I think we'll just stay in one of the Strip hotels.

Booked a trip for mid December through mid January. About to get onto accommodation ASAP.

Leaning towards booking AirBNB for the majority of places as it will allow my mate and I more room, the ability to chill in the place cook/order takeaway and have some beers watching sports before doing something else. I feel like being in a hotel won't really allow this, we'll be forced to head out more which will make things more expensive. The other consideration was staying in a hostel at a few cities. What options do people recommend?

And in terms of location do you suggest staying smack bang in the city for the major cities? Just having a brief looking at AirBNBs some parts a short 15 min trip are cheaper in places like New York and Boston. For Vegas I think we'll just stay in one of the Strip hotels.

New York look at Williamsburg in Brooklyn. Short train into Manhatten but a bit cheaper and a really cool Fitzroy/Brunswick type area.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Have always enjoyed the area just west of hollywood near Runyon Canyon.

Its fairly laid back and people keep to themselves and the shops are close by as well as the metro (hollywood/highland) if you need to get downtown for the NBA.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

5 weeks until i leave - pretty excited!

Have always got printed tickets from stubhub but this friday will be the first time i have to use a mobile ticket.

Fingers crossed!!

Whats the chances of getting MLB playoff tickets?
I was in LA during the last part of the world series last year. could get tickets on stubhub up to about an hour before the first pitch - if we wanted to pay $2000 each

so we went to the hockey instead. 3 tickets to see the ducks in Anaheim only cost $14 each

So went for a drive out to Malibu yesterday. Pretty over rated place imo. Yeah all the rich have their houses on the beach but that is all there pretty much is there and parking is almost ******* impossible.

The mountains up near Calabasas, Malibu lake (even though its a private lake) and Paramount Ranch were pretty nice though. Much better than Malibu itself.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So went for a drive out to Malibu yesterday. Pretty over rated place imo. Yeah all the rich have their houses on the beach but that is all there pretty much is there and parking is almost ******* impossible.

I think thats the point of it's existence, A rich peoples get away.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

The mountains up near Calabasas, Malibu lake (even though its a private lake) and Paramount Ranch were pretty nice though. Much better than Malibu itself.
Who rates malibu for you to think its overrated? Everyone knows its just a place where people live.

Who rates malibu for you to think its overrated? Everyone knows its just a place where people live.
I guess all the people telling me to drive out there.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
New York look at Williamsburg in Brooklyn. Short train into Manhatten but a bit cheaper and a really cool Fitzroy/Brunswick type area.

I'd suggest against this PP34 .

I stayed in Williamsburg and Hoboken/Jersey Heights in the couple of weeks I was in the area and honestly the latter was slightly better. Had a couch and I'm a big Sopranos fan but it took the same amount of time to get to Manhattan. And believe me, you'll mostly be in Manhattan.

Brooklyn is a shock, area of stark differences too. One block is Hasidic Jews, next is trendsters, then there's two blocks of African/Hispanics and nothing but warehouses and so much of it is like Brooklyn, western Melbourne... hot, arid, dry, takes ages to walk from one decent place to the next (you don't really get 'strips' like you do in Australia – no clusters of restaurants, bars, clothes shop like even the UK or Europe), most of the trendy places aren't as clean as Australia's and the service is much much worse. Americans are bad drinkers too.

Brooklyn is more interesting, the proper New York, and if you want to see something grittier or whatever then hang around near Columbia University or Lower East Side.

But yeah I found it disappointing. Way less 'cool' than I thought it was and plain old boring rather than ragged and edgy. You'll mostly be walking past reversing trucks. All the parks are long grassed and filthy. It felt pretty dangerous at points too. Weirdest part is how even in the middle of the day you barely see anyone actually really walking around. It's way better for a day trip or three.

I'd suggest against this PP34 .

I stayed in Williamsburg and Hoboken/Jersey Heights in the couple of weeks I was in the area and honestly the latter was slightly better. Had a couch and I'm a big Sopranos fan but it took the same amount of time to get to Manhattan. And believe me, you'll mostly be in Manhattan.

Brooklyn is a shock, area of stark differences too. One block is Hasidic Jews, next is trendsters, then there's two blocks of African/Hispanics and nothing but warehouses and so much of it is like Brooklyn, western Melbourne... hot, arid, dry, takes ages to walk from one decent place to the next (you don't really get 'strips' like you do in Australia – no clusters of restaurants, bars, clothes shop like even the UK or Europe), most of the trendy places aren't as clean as Australia's and the service is much much worse. Americans are bad drinkers too.

Brooklyn is more interesting, the proper New York, and if you want to see something grittier or whatever then hang around near Columbia University or Lower East Side.

But yeah I found it disappointing. Way less 'cool' than I thought it was and plain old boring rather than ragged and edgy. You'll mostly be walking past reversing trucks. All the parks are long grassed and filthy. It felt pretty dangerous at points too. Weirdest part is how even in the middle of the day you barely see anyone actually really walking around. It's way better for a day trip or three.
Turn it up

I spent a week there and while there are very slight elements of what you said it is nowhere near as bad as that.

It is very Fitzroy/Brunswick ish. Yes there is graffiti and old warehouses (most of which have been converted into apartments/lofts) but there are many cool bars/cafes/restaurants and you get a feel for proper New York, not just the tourist side.

I spent many/every night out at bars and never once felt unsafe or threatened either at the bars or on the way home.

If you are trying to say it is anything like Brooklyn in Western Melbourne it shows how little you know!

Did they give reasons why you should? I cant imagine what they would be.
The beach apparently.

Beach was nice but I have seen many better, in fact it was no nicer than Santa Monica.

Having said that if I wasn't recommended Malibu I would have never headed up towards Casbalas, Paramount village and Malibu lakes all of which were pretty amazing.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Turn it up

I spent a week there and while there are very slight elements of what you said it is nowhere near as bad as that.

It is very Fitzroy/Brunswick ish. Yes there is graffiti and old warehouses (most of which have been converted into apartments/lofts) but there are many cool bars/cafes/restaurants and you get a feel for proper New York, not just the tourist side.

I spent many/every night out at bars and never once felt unsafe or threatened either at the bars or on the way home.

If you are trying to say it is anything like Brooklyn in Western Melbourne it shows how little you know!

Yeah i really liked Hoboken too, Starting to become very popular with younger couples because it is a bit more affordable, Heaps of good bars and restaurants and places to go and a little bit slower than right in the middle. Would happily go back and stay there..

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
I'm off again early next year for another sports trip (Third time)

Just looking for some accommodation suggestions for New Orleans, Nashville and Denver??

Heading back to Portland, Seattle, San Fran and co but i have been there before so relatively comfortable..

Back