Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Tip if your kids are still under 10. kids get super tied on holidays and will want large chunk of days just to hang out at the hotel and do very little. Even when it's theme park holidays. Schedule these breaks in your trip and get a babysitter and do some adult stuff.
So we are now doing an overnighter in SD . Head down do Seaworld , stay the night and then head back to Anaheim

Absolutely dependent where youre going IMO. Its not just schools, yesterdays was a mall.

I went there like 5-6 years ago and the gun culture in the south was pretty alarming. Its gotten substantially worse since then. I probably wouldnt go now TBH.
But the majority are in malls in the outer suburbs where tourist are very rarely seen.

If we were talking Times Square or Hollywood here you might be on to something. But a shopping mall 40km from downtown Dallas that I doubt gets too many internationals tourists strolling through.

But the majority are in malls in the outer suburbs where tourist are very rarely seen.

If we were talking Times Square or Hollywood here you might be on to something. But a shopping mall 40km from downtown Dallas that I doubt gets too many internationals tourists strolling through.
Yeh… hence the comment “depends where you’re going”.

Yeh… hence the comment “depends where you’re going”.
But as it sits you are about 30 times more likely to die in a car accident in Victoria than die in a mass shooting in the US.

If mass shootings and gun ownership are the reason you aren't going to the US for a holiday due to getting mixed up in it. Then I'm guessing most the world would be off limits when you really break down the dangers that might or might not happen to you while traveling in countries with lax safety.

But as it sits you are about 30 times more likely to die in a car accident in Victoria than die in a mass shooting in the US.

If mass shootings and gun ownership are the reason you aren't going to the US for a holiday due to getting mixed up in it. Then I'm guessing most the world would be off limits when you really break down the dangers that might or might not happen to you while traveling in countries with lax safety.
Yeh righto.

Both are great cities; Austin I’d rate higher - is awesome for food (bbq places, food trucks, amazing restaurants), live music, nightlife/bars, Barton springs and other great parks, bike riding, great weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Portland and Austin, anyone been to either of these places and recommend?

What's good about them? Is it mainly for the food and nightlife?

Yes for Austin, I'll add both times I've been there it was summer and the heat was unbearable.

I found there was more to do in Portland and it was more interesting to wander around.

Portland and Austin, anyone been to either of these places and recommend?

What's good about them? Is it mainly for the food and nightlife?
Yeah Austin is cool as hell

Walk along the Colorado River, food trucks, Barton Springs ext

San Antonio was even better

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Hey guys, looking at booking a trip. Fiji Airways have some good deals at the moment.

Has anyone flown with them before? Any insight to what they are like to fly with?

What's the deal with domestic flights in the US? Why can't you find premium economy or business on them? Is first class domestic just equivalent to a business class there?

What's the deal with domestic flights in the US? Why can't you find premium economy or business on them? Is first class domestic just equivalent to a business class

Australian domestic flights are a cut above most other countries (at least they used to be), don't know of anywhere else that uses A330s for domestic flights.

Most countries use 737s or a320s for domestic flights which usually wont have business class.

What's the deal with domestic flights in the US? Why can't you find premium economy or business on them? Is first class domestic just equivalent to a business class there?
You are correct in most cases i believe (First class domestic being equivalent to what you'd get flying Sydney/Melbourne Business) HOWEVER - Some of their cross country flights (LA to NY for example) you might actually get what you'd get internationally on Business.

I don't know of many airlines that have Premium Economy on domestic flights. However, again, some of the busier long distance domestic flights MIGHT have them.

One thing that while booking a trip which surprises me is that there are so many flights that you'd think would be an easy one, but require a connection instead to get from place to place.

One thing that while booking a trip which surprises me is that there are so many flights that you'd think would be an easy one, but require a connection instead to get from place to place.
the problem of hub and spoke

you want to go from orlando to new orleans? enjoy atlanta or dallas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back