Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Nope

I love NY too much to bother elsewhere.
That's because you haven't been to other places. Plenty of better places imo.

But each to their own

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I could think of 40 cities in the US I'd rather visit than New York City. I honestly don't get the hype about it. Even Buffalo is an upgrade :thumbsu:

On that topic, I've just booked a three night stay up in Providence for this September. Has anybody been before?

Buffalo is a dump

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Trying to decide whether I go to NYC again.

Just went in November, but am planning to go for my birthday.

Catch two Bills games...decisions decisions

We are having our third trip to US late October this year, and will be our third trip to New York. Both my wife and i love the place, people ask us why and we can't really explain it, there is just something about that keeps us wanting to go back there. We also will be back to Vegas for our third trip, also will be visiting Washington DC this time.

We'd love to live in New York.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Buffalo is a dump
but you have't been there, so how can you be so sure?
I know so
But seriously, how can you be do dismissive of places you've never even been to?

Buffalo is an excellent city which has come along leaps and bounds over the past five years. I'm super excited to go back again in September.

By saying New York is the only place sigh visiting and other cities are dumps without ever visiting there, yours really closing yourself off to some excellent experiences. Case in point, how much of New York City have you actually been to? Have you ventured out onto Long Island or out of the city to Stamford or Hartford? There are plenty of places very close to NYC that you can expand your horizons in without even trying.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
We are having our third trip to US late October this year, and will be our third trip to New York. Both my wife and i love the place, people ask us why and we can't really explain it, there is just something about that keeps us wanting to go back there. We also will be back to Vegas for our third trip, also will be visiting Washington DC this time.

Head over to Baltimore if you can as well. It's about 45 minutes on the train from Washington DC and is a beautiful place.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I am the same. I would move in a second. I love everything about NYC.

I love the endless urban life. I love it all.

If i go, im taking the old lady for her first time. That's the best part about this trip

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
But seriously, how can you be do dismissive of places you've never even been to?

Buffalo is an excellent city which has come along leaps and bounds over the past five years. I'm super excited to go back again in September.

By saying New York is the only place sigh visiting and other cities are dumps without ever visiting there, yours really closing yourself off to some excellent experiences. Case in point, how much of New York City have you actually been to? Have you ventured out onto Long Island or out of the city to Stamford or Hartford? There are plenty of places very close to NYC that you can expand your horizons in without even trying.
I don't have an issue with people going back to places again and again (damn, I've been to Vegas at least half-a-dozen times). If it's a place you really like then do it. It's your money and your holiday time; you don't have to justify your choices to anyone. At the same time, it's silly to suggest all other places pale in comparison, especially if you haven't experienced them.

Basically, let's not sh*t on other people's holiday choices. It's not that hard.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looking at doing two weeks in April next year. Partner has work in LA so will meet her over there once it's finished.

Looking something like;
3 nights Vegas
3/4 nights San Fran
2/3 nights New Orleans - maybe

Looking at staying mainly on the West side of America.

Really want to do Vancouver for a few nights.

Looking at doing two weeks in April next year. Partner has work in LA so will meet her over there once it's finished.

Looking something like;
3 nights Vegas
3/4 nights San Fran

New Orleans is like a 4 hour flight from LA, not exactly on the west coast

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Looking something like;
3 nights Vegas
3/4 nights San Fran

San Fran is kinda dull. 2 nights would be enough there to free up some time for Vancouver.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Looking something like;
3 nights Vegas
3/4 nights San Fran

With such a short trip just spend it in the same area. Dont waste it in airports and planes.

Back