Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely loving this thread. Bringing back some memories. I did two trips in the 2000s before I met my wife and had kids. Those trips involved the usual LA Vegas NYC Boston Phili Miami etc. Got to Seattle last year for a weekend as I was in Canada for work. Seattle is an awesome place but NYC is still probably my favourite city in the world.

Went to the Super Bowl in Feb 2015 - New England vs Seattle in Phoenix. Ticket back then cost A$3,600- and was on the lower level in an end zone corner.

The greatest sporting experience ever (inc the couple of days up to it). Just amazing and a memory you won’t forget.

View attachment 784420
Very unimpressive stadium. Looks like a slightly smaller docklands.

Imagine docklands grand final with mostly neutrals. Atmosphere would be horrible.

Very unimpressive stadium. Looks like a slightly smaller docklands.

Imagine docklands grand final with mostly neutrals. Atmosphere would be horrible.

If you haven’t been there, don’t comment. End of story.

Oh and nearly 100% including me (Pats fan) were supporting either team. Most tickets go to each supporter base, unlike the AFL.

63 thousand is not a great stadium. Even bloody perths new stadium and previously waverley topped it.

Many Us College stadiums are better.
If we are talking pure numbers, then of course there are stadiums with higher attendances. As far as facilities, atmosphere, viewing angles and overall experience State Farm Stadium is up the very top. Not sure how many college stadiums you've been to, but aside from atmosphere at a couple of Blue bloods, nothing comes close to Glendale.

If you haven’t been there, don’t comment. End of story.

Oh and nearly 100% including me (Pats fan) were supporting either team. Most tickets go to each supporter base, unlike the AFL.
No not end story. We all see the games on tv. You cant pretend you have had an experience then no one has witnessed. There is no atmosphere. Tickets arent held for fans they are sold at the highest price to rich elites.

People who pay ridiculous prices are biased into saying they had the time of their lives so they can justify the high price to themselves. And so they can claim status. But we all see it on tv. The most atmospheric thing about the superbowl is the half time show and thats why there are so many elites there that ruin the atmosphere of the game. Plus the tiny stadiums doesnt help either.

If we are talking pure numbers, then of course there are stadiums with higher attendances. As far as facilities, atmosphere, viewing angles and overall experience State Farm Stadium is up the very top. Not sure how many college stadiums you've been to, but aside from atmosphere at a couple of Blue bloods, nothing comes close to Glendale.
Good viewing angles and nice seats dont impact crowd noise which is what drives atmosphere. They impact comfort. Being comfortable usually lowers atmosphere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No not end story. We all see the games on tv. You cant pretend you have had an experience then no one has witnessed. There is no atmosphere. Tickets arent held for fans they are sold at the highest price to rich elites.

People who pay ridiculous prices are biased into saying they had the time of their lives so they can justify the high price to themselves. And so they can claim status. But we all see it on tv. The most atmospheric thing about the superbowl is the half time show and thats why there are so many elites there that ruin the atmosphere of the game. Plus the tiny stadiums doesnt help either.

Good viewing angles and nice seats dont impact crowd noise which is what drives atmosphere. They impact comfort. Being comfortable usually lowers atmosphere.

You honestly have nfi. You do understand that the broadcasters can reduce the stadium noise in their broadcasts don’t you?

You really need to investigate a bit more. People will pay whatever they have to to see their side in a Super Bowl. tickets are available if yes, you are willing to pay a price. Do you think Kansas City fans will pay whatever to see their side in a SB for the first time in 50 years?

In regards to the SB in Feb 2015, do you know what game I’m talking about? Probably the greatest SB ever! You didn’t go, you haven’t been there, so you can’t comment. End of story.

An arm chair critic as opposed to someone who has seen it live.

You probably think the GMBH stadium has good atmosphere.

Wait, what point are you trying to make? State Farm Stadium is a poor stadium because it's too good? The Superbowl is a poor event because it's too popular?

The experience of watching a Cardinals game is regarded to be one of the best in the NFL.

I have heard numerous times that the stadium is one of the best on the NFL.

🤷‍♂️

What's United like to fly with from here to there?
Perfect. No complaints whatsoever. They had a PR nightmare a few years ago but that was isolated to the domestic arm of the airline and I've used them plenty of times since for International Airlines and never had an issue.

I don't post here much anymore as I prefer country USA and road trips (I do around 35,000 miles pa in the US, on the road) and most posters here are young bucks in their 20's who like the big smoke (hey, so did I then back in the day, but I'm older now). But driving LA to Vegas is a waste of time.

And 5 nights in LA is 4 too many. But 4 in Hawaii is good.

Safe travels.
Pearls before swine, right, downtickers?

Grow up.

No not end story. We all see the games on tv. You cant pretend you have had an experience then no one has witnessed. There is no atmosphere.
Plus the tiny stadiums doesnt help either.
Thanks for your hot take, but I'll be listening to the person who's experienced a thing first hand over an armchair viewer. As for "tiny stadiums", good grief!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back