Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 28, 2011
Denver
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hopefully everything has opened up by late October this year.
I booked flights to America

Just 2 or so weeks, Honolulu (Boise State vs Hawaii), Seattle, Boise (UNLV vs Boise State) and potentially Yellowstone.

This all assuming

1) The borders are open
2) QANTAS is flying
3) No changes to the college football season.

Did you go to Boise State?

Just 2 or so weeks, Honolulu (Boise State vs Hawaii), Seattle, Boise (UNLV vs Boise State) and potentially Yellowstone.

This all assuming

1) The borders are open
2) QANTAS is flying
did you book travel insurance before Feb?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Modern cities are all the same. If you want big modern city its not new york you go to. Its shanghai or tokyo. New york is just a smaller version of them. Although new york has movie history locations for us western people.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. But as I said before, it's horses for courses. If you're not a city person (in terms of travel) then obviously you'll have a different take than those who do see differences between cities. We each enjoy what we enjoy.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
We'll have to agree to disagree then. But as I said before, it's horses for courses. If you're not a city person (in terms of travel) then obviously you'll have a different take than those who do see differences between cities. We each enjoy what we enjoy.
Fair enough. I am a city person by the way. Just not a modern city person where all you see is skyscrappers, street lights, grid roads and minimalist entertainment areas.

did you book travel insurance before Feb?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Got the cancel anytime travel insurance. (So I spent like $80 more to ensure I get 75% back)

Only hotel ive even looked at thus far is Honolulu

And I have no idea on dates in pac-nw other than Oct 31 Boise.

Have a mate who lives in Seattle so I might see if I can crash there, and we might go on a road trip to Boise.

Did you go to Boise State?
Nah

Got hooked on the story of the 2007 fiesta bowl, and after watching a bit during 2009-2010 I fell in love.

Wouldve gone Appalachian State though had they been in the FBS at the time rather than FCS.

Got the cancel anytime travel insurance. (So I spent like $80 more to ensure I get 75% back)

Only hotel ive even looked at thus far is Honolulu

And I have no idea on dates in pac-nw other than Oct 31 Boise.

Have a mate who lives in Seattle so I might see if I can crash there, and we might go on a road trip to Boise.
At least you have travel insurance

Unfortunately i think you are going to be struggling to be able to fly then. But fingers crossed for you anyway

At least you have travel insurance

Unfortunately i think you are going to be struggling to be able to fly then. But fingers crossed for you anyway
Doesnt phase me if I cant fly. Ill just go somewhere else asap.

Only did USA because there was a good sale on.

Would much rather do India and/or Sri Lanka.

Though, Iran is high on my to do list and Id love to go there before the Arab Cold War goes hot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Highly recommend it. Iran is stunning and a really top place to visit
Someone I work with visited Iran in 2016. Gave it the big thumbs up. Of course, now when she wants to travel to the US (like she did last year), the process isn't as simple as jump onto the ESTA site, fill out the form, pay your small fee and Bob's your uncle.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers

This all assuming

1) The borders are open
2) QANTAS is flying
Almost certainly all of the US will be open by Oct, and probably much sooner. Well before the election.

The Q is - when will the Oz govt let you fly out?

UA is currently still flying between SFO and SYD.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Almost certainly all of the US will be open by Oct, and probably much sooner. Well before the election.

The Q is - when will the Oz govt let you fly out?

UA is currently still flying between SFO and SYD.
No the Aus government definately will not let you fly out unless a vaccine is available and the probability of that by october is virtually zero.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
No the Aus government definately will not let you fly out unless a vaccine is available and the probability of that by october is virtually zero.
Except if you are an Australia citizen with permanent residency in another country/dual passport holder. Then you can fly out.

Which probably doesn't apply to most posters on this thread.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Except if you are an Australia citizen with permanent residency in another country/dual passport holder. Then you can fly out.

Which probably doesn't apply to most posters on this thread.
This is true. But if you want to get back into australia you will need to do a 2 week quarantine coming out of your annual leave.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
This is true. But if you want to get back into australia you will need to do a 2 week quarantine coming out of your annual leave.
Heh, yes. And if you want to visit a western state another 2 weeks home Q, currently.

But I think these Q requirements will be lifted by this Jun/Jul. Operation successful but patient died, if you get my drift...

ok definitely making it May/June 2022 with my best mate instead of 2021

LA-Vegas-Salt Lake CIty-Denver-Chicago-Buffalo-Niagara Falls- Washington DC- Philadelphia-New York City- Boston-SPringfield-Syracuse-CLeveland-Canton-Pittsburgh-Harrisburg-Gettysburg then a week in New Jersey

NASCAR at Pocono looking forward to!

Back