USA v Canada International Tournament 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

And the cheapest ticket would be $500.

It'd probably cost about 200 bucks to watch your Blackhawks play from nosebleeds. Throw in flights to Chicago and you're looking at more than 500 bucks ;)

It'd probably cost about 200 bucks to watch your Blackhawks play from nosebleeds. Throw in flights to Chicago and you're looking at more than 500 bucks ;)

Cost me $240 to sit one row behind the bench when I was there in October :D

Yes but at least the match would mean something

This.

Hell, I even paid between $60-$110 for other 6 NHL games I attended. Would never pay that for an exhibition game between two countries where it's not even sanctioned.

You live in a country with no professional ice hockey. I'd say you'd take what you can get. An exhibition game with actual top level clubs would sure as hell beat the "USA" vs "Canada" teams.

You live in a country with no professional ice hockey. I'd say you'd take what you can get. An exhibition game with actual top level clubs would sure as hell beat the "USA" vs "Canada" teams.

Would rather just travel to North America to see them play for real.

But it's not run by the same people who did the last 2 years? Weird. It's in conjunction by Stop Concussions.

The Facebook thread is a entertaining read -

https://www.facebook.com/internationalicehockeyaustralia/posts/875439409166686

So looks like there will be 2 separate events by 2 separate promoters.
It looks like the original promoters might of got wind of this rival event and now might come back to Australia after wanting to take a year off.

I think I will wait for some player annoucements before I buy my ticket.

The 'ice hockey classic' is being promoted by Nine Live. Whom are the marketing team that brought MLB to Sydney and were rumored into being interested in bringing NHL to Australia.

Maybe they want to test the waters with this minor league hockey and gauge if there is enough interest in this event first before pursuing the NHL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be real. The NHL will never come down here.

This is the most misleading tour name in Australian history.

"Come watch soccer rivals Brazil and Argentina play off here in Melbourne!! Well... players who happen to be from Brazil and Argentina... and the governing bodies aren't involved... BUT BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA!!!"

The 'ice hockey classic' is being promoted by Nine Live. Whom are the marketing team that brought MLB to Sydney and were rumored into being interested in bringing NHL to Australia.

Maybe they want to test the waters with this minor league hockey and gauge if there is enough interest in this event first before pursuing the NHL.

They sold out large stadiums watching low level players thrown together with half-full teams and staged fights.

It's safe to say there is enough interest there.

NHL teams used to travel around Europe playing against each other as exhibition games, and some games vs local European teams. Whilst we wouldn't get Blackhawks vs Melbourne Ice, there is no reason why we couldn't have NHL vs NHL exhibition games here too. It's all about the money...

Yep. You'll get to see stars such as Kyle Quincey, Erik Condra and Michael Latta.

In all seriousness, if it's free and you don't follow the NHL. Go. You'll have a good time.

Yep. You'll get to see stars such as Kyle Quincey, Erik Condra and Michael Latta.

In all seriousness, if it's free and you don't follow the NHL. Go. You'll have a good time.
I follow in the NHL. Kind of.

It's hard to watch on telly but I love the EA Sports NHL. I buy every second year. I'm no good at it, but I reckon if I lived in the USA, hockey would be my favourite sport.

I was excited as to be going, until I read that "this game means nothing" "no stars" etc etc.

Your post has bucked up my spirits! Cheers.

Brent Burns from the San Jose Sharks is, according to Ticketek, coming out. So is Matt Frattin from the Toronto Babcocks, Taylor Beck, Emerson Etem and Jerry D'Amigo. Gets better every year. I take the old man who doesn't watch hockey and he enjoys it. So do I, because, you know, hockey on a large scale is good.

Brent Burns from the San Jose Sharks is, according to Ticketek, coming out. So is Matt Frattin from the Toronto Babcocks, Taylor Beck, Emerson Etem and Jerry D'Amigo. Gets better every year. I take the old man who doesn't watch hockey and he enjoys it. So do I, because, you know, hockey on a large scale is good.

Where'd you read that about Brent Burns? That would be a coup.

All I see is this on Ticketek - Players competing in the series include David Booth (Toronto Maple Leafs), Jerry D'Amigo (Buffalo Sabres), Zenon Konopka, Garnet Exelby and more!

Just saw this -

Erik Condra will not be making the trip this year due to personal reasons, Beck is waiting for confirmation of his contract as is Latta. Konopka is in as is David Booth (Brisbane/Perth) and a player to be announced after the playoffs are finished. Kyle Quincey unfortunately broke his foot in the playoffs and was operated on last week and is sad he can't make the trip this year

Where'd you read that about Brent Burns? That would be a coup.

All I see is this on Ticketek - Players competing in the series include David Booth (Toronto Maple Leafs), Jerry D'Amigo (Buffalo Sabres), Zenon Konopka, Garnet Exelby and more!

Ticketek is where I saw it. They've actually taken his name off, but the the Melbourne Ice posted a graphic with his name on it. Also, use FACEOFF as a password where it asks for discounted Gold/Silver tickets. Enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back