Kitch85

Team Captain
May 10, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Rangers, Giants, USC, Lakers
Sure, it's not A grade hockey but if you have fun, that's all that matters.

I hope the NHL goes back to having more pre-season games abroad. The European intro was a great idea. If they returned to that, then maybe a game or two in Australia between real NHL teams could be a possibility.

100%. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's a great exhibition for people who've never seen the game before. If it gets people in the door, so to speak, that's great.

HeaveHo_WeBlow

All Australian
Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Just came back from the Perth leg, and being an advent NHL fan, what I can say is I enjoyed myself to the max. I knew it wouldn't be up to NHL standards. But some of the plays with an Odd man rush, or break away and some of the saves. Well worth it. Perfect spectacle for those wanting a 'night out' or those 'new' to the game.

Took my brother whose never seen an Ice Hockey game, now he wants to check out the Australian Hockey League.
Definitely recommend for the next tour they do, and hopefully they bring an NHL Exhibition match down here one day. ;)

HeaveHo_WeBlow

All Australian
Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I follow in the NHL. Kind of.

It's hard to watch on telly but I love the EA Sports NHL. I buy every second year. I'm no good at it, but I reckon if I lived in the USA, hockey would be my favourite sport.

I was excited as to be going, until I read that "this game means nothing" "no stars" etc etc.

Your post has bucked up my spirits! Cheers.

If you have the PS4 version, give a yell.

Kitch85

Team Captain
May 10, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Rangers, Giants, USC, Lakers
Just came back from the Perth leg, and being an advent NHL fan, what I can say is I enjoyed myself to the max. I knew it wouldn't be up to NHL standards. But some of the plays with an Odd man rush, or break away and some of the saves. Well worth it. Perfect spectacle for those wanting a 'night out' or those 'new' to the game.

Took my brother whose never seen an Ice Hockey game, now he wants to check out the Australian Hockey League.
Definitely recommend for the next tour they do, and hopefully they bring an NHL Exhibition match down here one day. ;)

Same with me. Took my old man and he loved it. Good fun night with hockey people, who're the best people! :)

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Looks like the original people who did the previous tours pre 2015, have realized that two similar type tours will not work and have shut up shop.

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Bryce Salvador is coming.

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
The great Ben Scrivens has been added.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think they wouldn't charge so much to see nobody's

People don't know they are nobodies.

I reckon if you took a survey, most of the attendees would think they are watching the best in the world.

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Actually would've gone if Darling was playing in Melbourne, heh.

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Tickets slashed for Melbourne. I suspect the other cities will follow.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just got back from Melbourne game. Arena was about 70% full, a very late arriving crowd. Canada won 8-2 and USA was so bad. The quality of play has decreased from previous years. Probably due to the roster talent this year. Yes there are usually a lot of no names, but apart from John Scott and Bryce Salvador, USA was made up of complete scrubs who wouldn't get a game in ECHL. Canada wasn't that much better despite the scoreline. USA goalie was so s**t.

John Scott was pretty much anonymous on the ice apart from completely missing a 2 on 1 when set up perfectly. No fights.

Salvador and Ben Scrivens won team MVPs.

Kakkle

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Just got back from Melbourne game. Arena was about 70% full, a very late arriving crowd. Canada won 8-2 and USA was so bad. The quality of play has decreased from previous years. Probably due to the roster talent this year. Yes there are usually a lot of no names, but apart from John Scott and Bryce Salvador, USA was made up of complete scrubs who wouldn't get a game in ECHL. Canada wasn't that much better despite the scoreline. USA goalie was so s**t.

John Scott was pretty much anonymous on the ice apart from completely missing a 2 on 1 when set up perfectly. No fights.

Salvador and Ben Scrivens won team MVPs.

It's okay, because Brandon Bollig is about to join them :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back