Remove this Banner Ad

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moved from the Scott Morrison thread.
- Chief

What, so you're telling us that editors of mainstream tabloids are actively trying to not sell newspapers?

Your persecutionism just plumbed previously unimaginable depths.
It doesn't fit their narrative, nor does it create the levels of outrage as attacks on mosques do. It's like when there's racist attacks on whites v racist attacks on blacks. The latter is reported on heavily, while the former is under-reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
It doesn't fit their narrative, nor does it create the levels of outrage as attacks on mosques do. It's like when there's racist attacks on whites v racist attacks on blacks. The latter is reported on heavily, while the former is under-reported.
Oh yeah I can TOTALLY picture the Herald-Sun choosing to pull a story on a Moslem attack on a church. TOTALLY.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Oh yeah I can TOTALLY picture the Herald-Sun choosing to pull a story on a Moslem attack on a church. TOTALLY.

There was a massacre on Christians in Sri Lanka which didn't get much coverage, compared to the smaller massacre on Muslims in NZ. Over 250 people killed. I think one paper called the victims "Easter worshippers" to avoid even mentioning Christians as victims. There's double standards everywhere.

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are you a little bit dense? Yes, it’s one paper. But it’s a very good example to illustrate the sheer silliness of your assertion.

And utter crap anyway that most of the world’s media is left-leaning. What a laugh.

Any other misapprehensions you want to table here?
BBC, Guardian, New York Times and CNN are all very left leaning and are some of the most prominent worldwide news sources. Then when you look at the US, you only need to look at the newspaper endorsements for the last 3 elections to see which way they lean. It puts the 'Murdoch Liberal bias' in Australia to shame.

There was a massacre on Christians in Sri Lanka which didn't get much coverage, compared to the smaller massacre on Muslims in NZ. Over 250 people killed. I think one paper called the victims "Easter worshippers" to avoid even mentioning Christians as victims. There's double standards everywhere.
Yes, I remember shaking my head at the time at the stupidity of people thinking that for some reason you had to spell out the fact that Easter worshippers were Christians, and that the failure to do so was a sign of anti-Christian bias. Woe betide any news outlet assuming their readers are able to figure out the simplest thing for themselves, eh?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Yes, I remember shaking my head at the time at the stupidity of people thinking that for some reason you had to spell out the fact that Easter worshippers were Christians, and that the failure to do so was a sign of anti-Christian bias. Woe betide any news outlet assuming their readers are able to figure out the simplest thing for themselves, eh?

Readers can also figure out the motivation behind the cryptic phrasing. Not to mention that it doesn't even make sense since Christians don't worship Easter, Egyptians did.

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was too difficult for leftists to mutter the word Christians, after they were yet again the victims of another Muslim terrorist attack.

Readers can also figure out the motivation behind the cryptic phrasing. Not to mention that it doesn't even make sense since Christians don't worship Easter, Egyptians did.

So you think it was 'cryptic phrasing', and that people reading the phrase 'Easter worshippers' would think that it was referring to Egyptians?

It was too difficult for leftists to mutter the word Christians, after they were yet again the victims of another Muslim terrorist attack.

I can just imagine your shock when you discovered that the Easter worshippers were in fact Christians. Did you go and share your discovery with all the other Christians that the Easter worshippers were Christian, and were they as surprised as you?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
BBC, Guardian, New York Times and CNN are all very left leaning and are some of the most prominent worldwide news sources. Then when you look at the US, you only need to look at the newspaper endorsements for the last 3 elections to see which way they lean. It puts the 'Murdoch Liberal bias' in Australia to shame.
This is the Scott Morrison thread in the Australian Politics section and you want to bang on about international news media and some apparent conspiracy to fail to report massacres of Christians in far flung corners of the world.

I’ve already shown your theory is rubbish as far as Australian media is concerned, which is what we’re talking about here.

Take your globalist paranoias to the appropriate thread.

Last edited:

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Quite right, they should have listed the religions (or non-religions) of all the individuals murdered in both the hotels and the church.
So you think it was 'cryptic phrasing', and that people reading the phrase 'Easter worshippers' would think that it was referring to Egyptians?

I can just imagine your shock when you discovered that the Easter worshippers were in fact Christians. Did you go and share your discovery with all the other Christians that the Easter worshippers were Christian, and were they as surprised as you?
The church victims were Christians, and they should be referred to as Christians. Christians don't refer to themselves as 'Easter worshippers', so why should liberal elitists call them that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The church victims were Christians, and they should be referred to as Christians. Christians don't refer to themselves as 'Easter worshippers', so why should liberal elitists call them that?
You are very confused about how the world is.

I just had a look and it seems that the offence is entirely in conservative social media groups. In fact “Easter worshippers” probably humanises the victims more. It describes them doing something you or I would do (or, in my case, made to do back when I was a child).

They were literally 'Easter worshippers', ie participating in Easter worship, so why shouldn't they be referred to as that? Are all Christians really this thin-skinned?

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They were literally 'Easter worshippers', ie participating in Easter worship, so why shouldn't they be referred to as that? Are all Christians really this thin-skinned?
Leftists act like Christians have always been referred to as Easter worshippers. This is false and a blatant lie. 'More than 100 Christians slaughtered by Islamist terrorists while attending Easter church services' is a much more accurate description of the events that took place.

Leftists act like Christians have always been referred to as Easter worshippers. This is false and a blatant lie. 'More than 100 Christians slaughtered by Islamist terrorists while attending Easter church services' is a much more accurate description of the events that took place.
Ok we get it.

Did you get upset about this, by the way?

After a mass shooting at a synagogue in Poway, California, on Saturday, the Times of Israel’s Jewish News Reporter site posted a story with a sub-headline “19-year-old armed with firearm launches attack against passover worshippers in California community.”

- I’m guessing not.

Now you’re arguing the point about a months-old non-issue to take the thread off the topic of Smoko’s numbskullery.

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ok we get it.

Did you get upset about this, by the way?

After a mass shooting at a synagogue in Poway, California, on Saturday, the Times of Israel’s Jewish News Reporter site posted a story with a sub-headline “19-year-old armed with firearm launches attack against passover worshippers in California community.”

- I’m guessing not.

Now you’re arguing the point about a months-old non-issue to take the thread off the topic of Smoko’s numbskullery.
Did worldwide elitists tweet about them being referred to as passover worshippers?

Did worldwide elitists tweet about them being referred to as passover worshippers?
Why the hell would “elitists” - whoever they are - make any comment about them being referred to as Passover worshippers?

Melania refused to call them Jews!!!

Why would words like “Jewish” be so unpalatable to Mrs Trump?

Stewie?

Anyone... ?

Last edited:
I'll attempt to explain to you how things work in the practical world when it comes to newspapers/websites and headlines:

The victims in this case were specifically 'easter worshippers'. This made them Christian, as Easter is a Christian religious celebration and thus if they were worshipping at an Easter service they were by definition Christian. Now newspaper headlines also by definition don't go into a lot of detail, therefore there was no need to add that they were Christian because it was implicit in the fact that they were 'Easter worshippers'.

It makes much more sense to go with the specific term that implies the general term as opposed to explicitly using the general term because then they'd either have to add the info about Easter worshipping or leave it out, both of which make the headline less useful as it's either too wordy with redundant information or less informative with pretty much the same amount of words.

'More than 100 Christians slaughtered by Islamist terrorists while attending Easter church services'
or
'More than 100 Christians slaughtered by Islamist terrorists'
vs
'More than 100 Easter worshippers slaughtered by Islamist terrorists'.

There is simply no need for the extra words to explicitly detail what is blatantly obvious to everyone. Both statements are equally accurate and contain the exact same amount of information to anyone familiar with Easter and Christianity, which is pretty much everyone in the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back