Usual favouritism

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought the moggots were up to their usual tricks favouring the EGirls.

24 to 14!

A couple that baffled me were the play on calls against Jonno and Silvagni. They weren't there to be called and there was no consistancy with it. There was 2 different HTB interpretations depending on which team had the ball.

shark75

Senior List
Jun 6, 2009
Melbounre
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats, East Fremantle
105 tackles and how many holding the ball. Totally BS, thank God we beat the cheats.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
we are on to them so quickly they never get any prior. dont think the crowd influenced the umpiring, typical passionless eagles home crowd ;)

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Also 3 goals to West Coast from direct free kicks, versus 0 free kicks from goal to Freo (0 shots on goal, so it isn't like we got the frees but missed the shots...).

They had to go inside 50 many more times for each goal, showing the quality of our defense (for the sixth straight week).

Interestingly, despite being maggoted by the yellow scum, we were still much more efficient for goal than the Wet Toast, and had a whole heap more goals from assists, which shows how our team play is starting to gel, even when we play average football.

Them Us
43.5% Conversion 65.4%
34.30 Disposals Per Goal 19.47
14.91 Disps Per Scoring Shot 12.73
49 Inside 50s 48
2.13 In50s Per Scoring Shot 1.85
4.90 Inside 50s Per Goal 2.82
44.9% % In50s Score 47.9%
20.4% % In50s Goal 35.4%
5 Goal Assists 14
50.0% % Goals Assisted 82.4%

My family knows how many holding the balls there were... because I was yelling at the TV every time one should have been called! **** me that was bad.

My family not only knows how much, but also the obviousness rating of each of them too measured by the height of the pitch of wild screams, pleading with the f***ing red maggots on the T.V. to actually give us something that they paid for West Coast all day.

Not to mention about 5 or 6 blatant throws in the scrimmages. What a rort that umpiring was!

The Matt

Senior List
Aug 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Patriots, Canucks, Red Sox
We're going ok. We've taken the umps out of the equation every match this year. We can no longer blame the umps.
Besides, they have been awful in every match this weekend.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know how many times I yelled "that's a f*&^(*%ing throw" at the TV. The amount of times WC players got away with incorrect disposal after having prior opportunity was staggering.

We got away with a few too, I remember one time Sandi took it out of the ruck and dropped it, but not even in the same ballpark as WC.

Sep 16, 2006
ge
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know how many times I yelled "that's a f*&^(*%ing throw" at the TV. The amount of times WC players got away with incorrect disposal after having prior opportunity was staggering.

We got away with a few too, I remember one time Sandi took it out of the ruck and dropped it, but not even in the same ballpark as WC.
Naitanui did that against Sydney last week and didn't even get as far as releasing the ball and no free was paid.

Yeah but Naitanui is like god's gift to the umpiring fraternity.

It was a ****ing pissant display from the men in red and bronx cheers when we got a free kick were the order of the day.

Seriously, fair go or **** off and allow umpires who give a fair go to umpire

subaman

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Hami Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gerard Healy said about 10 times during the call "Gee thats an interesting decision" "Giesh should look at that" for either a free against us or one that wasn't paid to us. But we still keep going and win. Great effort by the boys

Aug 14, 2007
Out West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bears, Bulls, B'Hawks & Cubs
we are on to them so quickly they never get any prior. dont think the crowd influenced the umpiring, typical passionless eagles home crowd ;)

Must say their team wouldn't have been that inspired when Kennedy finally kicked a couple in the 4th, he tried to motivate the side... the team looks around, their fans had already left their seats. Disgraceful desertion.

Worse, going down their race they received no acknowledgement for their endeavour at game end... morale plummets further - winning becomes even more difficult.

bruzaar62

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
The umpiring especially the first half was shocking,2 sets of rules which isnt unusual when Freo are playing.
I thought the best umpiring Ive seen this year was on Friday night Bullies/Saints they just let the game go and were'nt a factor in the result.
the free that is most annoying is the guys that throw themselves head first into wouldbe tacklers these include Lenny Hayes,A Selwood,Hamms and Rance (Richmond)

Oct 7, 2005
Too close to Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bengals,Kings,Foxes.
Yet again the umpiring was crap and yes we did get a few go our way but FFS! holding the ball is all over the place and that holding the man desicion against Tarrant was shocking.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
There was obviously a new rule introduced in the preseason that I missed:

'Any time a player wearing blue and yellow is tackled they are allowed to immediately drop the ball or throw it to a teammate without punishment'

Back