Autopsy v dees

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe that nobody has commented on Blakey's 50m pass to Reid. Someone should make that into a loop and upload it to P@#nHub.

Some of his kicking last night was incredible. Long bullets that covered 50 metres easily and still found their targets. Well and truly rejuvenated the last month.

Some of his kicking last night was incredible. Long bullets that covered 50 metres easily and still found their targets. Well and truly rejuvenated the last month.
He also ended up on a few handball receives coming out of stoppages instead of the usual Swans hack kick out which is promising

Looking at the Dees' Bigfooty postgame thread, its as if they accepted what the club is at this point. Calling them soft etc. They are just hoping that one day, everything about the club will turn around like it did like the Tiggers.

I still think part of it was they took it way too easy on us at the start, and once they increased their intensity it was too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of love for Clarke, but I'm not convinced yet.

He played well for sure. But think his kicking is still a liability. He's improved his accuracy, but I feel to do that he has to sacrifice penetration. Couple of kicks to team mates, while straight at them, had no power allowing opposition to close in on the marking target. Coming out of defensive 50 to Wicks a prime example.

He played well for sure. But think his kicking is still a liability. He's improved his accuracy, but I feel to do that he has to sacrifice penetration. Couple of kicks to team mates, while straight at them, had no power allowing opposition to close in on the marking target. Coming out of defensive 50 to Wicks a prime example.

Agree. I said yesterday that the Dees made Clarke look like Scott Pendlebury. He had so much time and space to operate in there was none of his usual panicked and hurried disposals.

I mean good on him and all, you can only play the opposition in front of you and it was the best I'd ever seen him play so maybe it could lead to bigger and better things for him, but games like yesterday aren't worth reading into too much.

Agree. I said yesterday that the Dees made Clarke look like Scott Pendlebury. He had so much time and space to operate in there was none of his usual panicked and hurried disposals.

I mean good on him and all, you can only play the opposition in front of you and it was the best I'd ever seen him play so maybe it could lead to bigger and better things for him, but games like yesterday aren't worth reading into too much.
Always i

Assuming he gets another contract (I think he will) he needs to spend the entire summer practicing flat kicks to stationary and moving targets. Throw in some contested work under pressure

Forget running or in the gym, he doesn’t need any of that lol.

I'm one of the biggest defenders of Clarke, but Indo admit Melbourne made him look better than he is. Also that was a woeful kick to Wicks, pretty sure it ended in a goal. I don't mind him kicking forward of centre, but please keep him out of the back line. Worse for heart attacks than McDonalds

Assuming he gets another contract (I think he will) he needs to spend the entire summer practicing flat kicks to stationary and moving targets. Throw in some contested work under pressure

Forget running or in the gym, he doesn’t need any of that lol.

The contested work under pressure is his main glaring weakness. What I can't stand is him shitting his dacks and spilling the ball as soon as an opponent is on him. You can't be doing that as a mid, you've gotta be able to stand up in a tackle, have some vision to find a team-mate, and get the handball out somehow. If not consistently then at least most of the time.

If he does get another contract you would hope that gives him some confidence to improve his game. Stranger things have happened.

This a just a bit 'fly on the wall' moment but JL, is reading his documemts, just before the song, and gets Cox & SJ to read it and then JL points to Lewie and they all look at him. Lewie feels the eyes or voice and looks around.

What was that about? Insiders info...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I didn't get to see first half till this arvo

McLean is a keeper. Not fit enough nor strong enough yet but has footy smarts. Play FF the rest of the year pls?
MCCartin - put the soft helmut on him NOW! - whoever taught them, obviously demanded gutz !
Yes the younger ones McInnerney and Wicks are developing
Taylor has it just needs to get fit but doesn't like the rough stuff yet.
Parker ! what a game.
Hayward has got heaps needs to be used better
Papley tries to do too much ,but wow does he cop oppositon attention these days!

Was it JPK who stopped Petracca?- whoever deserves the medal - hardly touched it.
Sheesh if they didn't have GAWN (and hon mention Langdon) they would have been smashed by 10goals - who would have thought it was not butter? -soft.
Like Reid in the ruck, not as predictable and easily moved as Sinkers.

Thought the season was over, do I dare wish for a win over *ing Carlton? Worth a Elim Final this year!

Last edited:
I didn't get to see first half till this arvo

McLean is a keeper. Not fit enough nor strong enough yet but has footy smarts. Play FF the rest of the year pls?
MCCartin - put the soft helmut on him NOW! - whoever taught them, obviously demanded gutz !
Yes the younger ones McInnerney and Wicks are developing
Taylor has it just needs to get fit but doesn't like the rough stuff yet.
Parker ! what a game.
Hayward has got heaps needs to be used better
Papley tries to do too much ,but wow does he cop oppositon attention these days!

Was it JPK who stopped Petracca?- whoever deserves the medal - hardly touched it.
Sheesh if they didn't have GAWN (and hon mention Langdon) they would have been smashed by 10goals - who would have thought it was not butter? -soft.
Like Reid in the ruck, not as predictable and easily moved as Sinkers.

Thought the season was over, do I dare wish for a win over f*n Carlton? Worth a Elim Final this year!

Done the maths. Can't make it.

I'm one of the biggest defenders of Clarke, but Indo admit Melbourne made him look better than he is. Also that was a woeful kick to Wicks, pretty sure it ended in a goal. I don't mind him kicking forward of centre, but please keep him out of the back line. Worse for heart attacks than McDonalds
I thought the kick to Wicks was fine. Wicks just tried to take it on his chest rather than out in front which allowed the Dees player to spoil. Basic error that even guns make, but still an error on Wicks' part IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back