Autopsy v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

So we win by 5.15 and it's a little disappointing.

last week carlton beat essendon by 16.0.

I'll see if I can dig up a post I made about Rd 4 - I don't care about a new High-Performance coach, or a gun Conditioning Coach, or Psycho-therapist - just get a decent goal-kicking coach.

If we had kicked as straight as our opponents we would be in the 8. And yes, it's not bad luck when it happens nearly every week.........

Very, very, unhappy with our goal kicking. The rest of the areas we did very we'll in. Good to have a win, but the goal kicking has taken the gloss of the win. And I'm rarely negative about a win.

Cotchin... woweee... mixed game, early on he wasn't that good but to be able to rebound from a poor start and collect 31 possessions along with tackles that really impacted the game, it's nice to see he's being treated well by the umps, we just want the whole team to be sucked up to by the umps. Poor conversion by Cotchin though. Don't know if he'll get the 3 points for the game but he'll definitely get something.

Brett Deledio was consistent.
Dustin Martin was consistent.
Bachar Houli was consistent.
Ivan Maric was consistent in terms of around the ground stuff but his hitouts were well done since the last couple of rounds especially from being outplayed by Sandilands.
Griggy's underperformed a bit.

Jack Riewoldt has a way of always pissing me off this season.

Post again upped his trade value for Bulldogs and Saints.

Tuck was all guns blazing early on, thought he'd set a new career high of 40+ disposals, but still was able to get the possessions and help the team, bombs are still a query though but good work rate from him.

An okay game from Newman.

Astbury was disappointing but i like him because i see the upside as a forward.
Shame for Edwards, undisciplined.
Helbig wasn't THAT good probably needed a bit more possies.
I think Jackson had the job on Watson and did quite a good job after quarter time, but his job might've been aided with the lack of support from Watson's teammates.

I have long service coming up, I'm available for 3 months from October to show our guys how to kick a football at a target behind the middle of the goal post's:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really asserted ourselves for 4q...highlights for me were form of helbig, best ive seen him play, dea, really showing signs he has a future at the level and bo hanlon, another pre season under his belt , some belief and. Reckon he can step up....thought jacko did a number on watson. Barely noticed him and thats unusual

Thought that was one of the best games Jack has played in a long time, even better than his game the other week where he got 5. Even the behinds I can understand with the wind the way it was. A bit annoyed with McGuane going up for so many contests, seemed a bit selfish from him again. I mean I know he's playing for his career but you're not going to stick around if you're spoiling contests for the FF.

Well that felt like ******* your own sister...

Sighhh, take the win... & againast those pricks even better, but gee they were so poor that they dragged us into their crap box.

Astbury looks so much more comfortable up forward. not bad for the 1st game back in the seniors. I think we will see him up forward next year.... FA smoke and mirrors indeed. has learnt a good defensive side to his game.

O'hanlon drifted in and out but overall certainly a pass. a lot to work with here.

should have won by alot more... where have jacks kicking boots gone, cotch kicks 5 behinds

Should have one by 100+, but any win is a good win against the Bummers.

Giving us crap for our "brave" losses and some of their fans claiming they were an undefeateble "War Machine" earlier I the year pfft.

How fantastic it is to see "The Weapon" self destructing his own players... First team ever to win 8 out of their first 9 games and miss the finals ain't they??

Destroying any hint of a finals chance for them as well. We didn't play our best but tonight was a beautiful thing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back