Autopsy V geelong @ cattery, Nice that we were still in it at 1/ time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guthrie is actually a decent role player these days. He doesn't make many mistakes because he plays within his means. We would love to have a few Zach Guthrie's that we know will go out there and at worst achieve a draw in their position. This isn't 2017 now in regards to Guthrie.

If Zac Guthrie played at North he’d be bloody aweful. Replace him with any number of North players in Geelong’s system they’d be just as good.

This result will force change.

I welcome it
The change should have happened weeks ago.

All he is achieving now is further damage.

I find it hard to believe that any of the other 17 coaches if in charge of our side, would have played McKay forward tonight.

There is always one and unfortunately for us, he is the one we have.

Reminds me of poor Neeld's reign at Dees.

Also looked like the players threw in the towel at half time when they'd started losing the game and knew it was going to be bad, which is unforgivable and makes you question the captain and coach influence.

Otherwise from a tiger it looks like we're getting pick #19 for CCJ which isn't too bad.

Was at work but was able to check the scores at QT. Pretty much celebrated that as if it was a win. Then said to myself that this would probably still be 100 points. And so it proved to be. There aren't really any words left to describe this. We are legitimately now worse than Neeld's Dees, than mid 90s Fitzroy. Staggeringly, appallingly bad. Walsh and Sonja and everyone else at the club have a breathtakingly enormous task ahead of them. I'm marvelling at how we could've gotten to this stage. It'd be soul crushing if I had any soul left to crush

Reminds me of poor Neeld's reign at Dees.

Also looked like the players threw in the towel at half time when they'd started losing the game and knew it was going to be bad, which is unforgivable and makes you question the captain and coach influence.

Otherwise from a tiger it looks like we're getting pick #19 for CCJ which isn't too bad.
19 will become 25 after our priority picks and father sons bids.

we've lost by 100+, completely embarrassed, and honestly i just don't care. i feel nothing towards the footy club atm which in itself makes me sad because i vaguely remember enjoying watching North and feeling something when we play, win or lose, and i miss that
This. I'm at the point I just dgaf anymore. Get more joy out of watching a select few other teams.

Mate I was at the ground it was almost men against boys, the cats were faster, fitter, bigger, stronger; it really brought it home to me being there tonight watching our lads being beaten to the ball, shaken off in tackles, rag dolled
I was there tonight as well and this is true. Our blokes looked tiny out there by comparison.

Watching it live LDU was absolutely phenomenal. I thought Curtis was good and Taylor and Young definitely deserved pass marks. Taylor really works his arse off. Like him a lot.

We are going absolutely nowhere with this Medical/S&C department. Half the side is out and Hall lasted 10 minutes. DN sounded ready to do his block with them in the presser.

What a tosser , I remember when he tried to fight Jean Claude Van Damme because he thought he was hitting on his wife at some event in Melbourne years ago .

My memory of Quartermain was when he was on The Panel in the late 90s and admitted to vacuuming the house in the nude. An image still fried into my brain unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He saw the writing on the wall :stern look
take notes GIF

“Play McKay forward”

?

“Spicer out on his own “

?

I simply could not engage after the final siren last night. I made the call to log off and read my book as I would have undoubtedly lost my cool at something.

Outside of some game in the year pre-dating 1999, I don't think I have ever felt this despondent about my beloved NMFC.

The only positive to come out of this game is that it will have been incredibly informative for Walsh. He would have got a good look at skills, communication and match day strategy.

I simply could not engage after the final siren last night. I made the call to log off and read my book as I would have undoubtedly lost my cool at something.

Outside of some game in the year pre-dating 1999, I don't think I have ever felt this despondent about my beloved NMFC.

The only positive to come out of this game is that it will have been incredibly informative for Walsh. He would have got a good look at skills, communication and match day strategy.
I woke up feeling nearly as bad I did after the 98 GF.

Deeply concerned now for where this Cub sits.

This. I'm at the point I just dgaf anymore. Get more joy out of watching a select few other teams.
I was even exited .. forgive me for saying this .. when Essendon beat Sydney yesterday 😢 that’s what it has come to . 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

anybody. I just want Simpkin to find a way to succeed. Currently he or the coaches are burying his career.
I have always thought that Simpkin would struggle to get a game with Melbourne, Geelong or any top team as he makes so many unforced errors with the ball. I don't see any improvement and I was wondering last night why he hasn't got better. Most players use the ball better with a few seasons under their belt.

I reckon he doesn't have to improve as he will always get a game with this list. This might be something across the list. If we could get a couple of competent on ballers (I do not rate Anderson at all) it will put REAL selection pressure on Jy.

Larkey hasn't had a kick for weeks (I know the ball hasn't been down there, let along delivered to him like Hawkins got ) but imagine if we had a realistic alternative. I think it would make Larkey a better player.

I am trying to find a reason that we can improve quickly and I think selection pressure in multiple positions is a start.

So our North joeys were crunched by the Cats senior citizens. Not that surprising.
Let’s be honest, we are in a rebuild.
Looking to find blame might take us all the way back to the 2014 and the following years. Where are our 100 gamers? Durdin, Neilson, Vickers-Willis, Clarke, Hibberd, Mountford, Watson, Williams, Walker, Hartung?
Then look at who was missing yesterday through injury, illness, personal leave.
Ziebell, Polec (who we gave up a first round pick for), Comben (Garner 2.0), Bailey Scott, Will Phillips, JHF, TT, Bergman, Archer.
Add to that the injuries to Hall and Turner, two of our more experienced players, in the first quarter.
The fact is we are being forced to play young players before they should be. Think about how GWS were easy beats in their early days.
It hurts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back