Autopsy v Richmond - Swans win by 45

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m speaking more of the precision kicking that can break down almost any game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Hardwick may of been referring to our ability to punish Richmond on the turnover.

Hardwick would have A LOT of pride for his Richmond teams over the years, think any comparison by him would be the biggest compliment he could give.

Imagine what restrictions would be on the club if we won 3 out of the last 4 flags like Richmond have done.

Academies gone or unable to bid on any players in the top 10
Unable to bid on F/S prospects.
These changes are coming because we won our first 3 games and f@#@ed up everyone’s tipping.

Last edited:

The only thing guaranteed is soon enough Richmond will run out of steam and slide back into the primordial ooze from whence they emerged, so we can all forget about them for another few decades. By the time they emerge again as a finals team most of their supporters will be long dead and buried.

Just for this one last year I'd still like to see Richmond limp into the finals just so our young Swans can deliver the killing blow. Then we can make our way to the GF for a most satisfying thrashing of the Dagwood Dogs.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has described Sydney's win over his side as "Richmond-like",

The Swans set up, played and won like the Swans not like the Tigers.
haha.. piss off Hardwick you condescending *********, and enjoy the slide..

I didn't mind the call by Hardwick. He was acknowledging that we beat Richmond at their own game - pressure, work rate, hard running - and then also that we had our own brand on top of that, talking about how we moved the ball "incredibly well".

That is basically how I saw it: we beat Richmond at their own game, and then killed them with our game.

That was probably the most pleasing part of the whole thing. That we managed to take it up to Richmond in the area's that are obviously their strengths, where we needed to do so if we were gonna make it hard for them, but then still had the composure and the confidence to stick to what we wanted to bring to the game and that were unique to us.

It was outstanding coaching and team performance, so I'm really not sure what more Hardwick could've said to acknowledge that reality.

To those defending Hardwick (C88, Bonz.....)
I apologise for calling Hardwick a condescending *******. It was in the heat of the moment and my wife was pulled me up telling I was wrong. Ive apologised to Damien and he's taken it as well as he could.

Bulls***.. What he said is condescending! We are the Swans,,, We played like the Swans. just as there are 17 other teams who play like themselves.

We didn't beat them at their own game. We beat them with our game.

Harwick can do one. Drinking his own bathwater.
Prestia and Cotchin out now, they are done. Won't be a factor this year. The new rules have done in their zone, and Hardwick the genius is seemingly last to realise what's happening. Even the Dons have figured it out.

The only thing guaranteed is soon enough Richmond will run out of steam and slide back into the primordial ooze from whence they emerged, so we can all forget about them for another few decades. By the time they emerge again as a finals team most of their supporters will be long dead and buried.

Just for this one last year I'd still like to see Richmond limp into the finals just so our young Swans can deliver the killing blow. Then we can make our way to the GF for a most satisfying thrashing of the Dagwood Dogs.
FFS KP, nobody's whining about their mods, we're laughing about them and how pathetic and overly-sensitive they are are. Strutting around so full of their own cocky sh*te for so long. The entire league loves us for putting a torpedo up them and we won't forget Softwick bitching to the media last year because Horse worked out how to make Dusty look like an amateur. A boxer knows when to hit and when to defend. We absorbed a pounding last year but this year we went on the attack and beat the living crap out of them.

Nobody here gives a fig for that whiney bunch of campaigners but don't expect they'll get a warm welcome if they venture onto our board with more of their Dusty Martin circle jerking. Our players looked Richmond in the face, laughed and told them they're as weak as piss. Most of us feel the same way.
Bunj mate, I'm starting to think you're a bit thing about Richmond.

I’m speaking more of the precision kicking that can break down almost any game plan.

This really is the big story. Where the f*** did our new-found accuracy come from?

I keep having to scratch myself. The Sydney Swans??!! Accurate??!!

Whichever coach is responsible for it, sign them up for a hundred years.

This really is the big story. Where the f*** did our new-found accuracy come from?

I keep having to scratch myself. The Sydney Swans??!! Accurate??!!

Whichever coach is responsible for it, sign them up for a hundred years.

If you go back about a month on this board it was still being talked about.

We’re now being lauded in the media, and on here, for being the most accurate and high scoring team in the game. I’ve never seen a turnaround like this.

Florent was like Maxfield out there yesterday.

Foot skills, vision and footy IQ seem to be our now mandatory criteria at the draft table. There are obvious examples in the 3 debs this year but I think it goes back to the recruitment of Dawson. Players like JMcI, McCartin, Ling, Stevens and McLean have those qualities in spades.

I was watching The Chad and his dash, blonde hair and hardness reminded me of Zac Jones on the surface. Dig deeper and you can see the kid reads the game and does not butcher the ball. He possesses the smarts that Zac lacks while his ball use is light years ahead.

Foot skills, vision and footy IQ seem to be our now mandatory criteria at the draft table. There are obvious examples in the 3 debs this year but I think it goes back to the recruitment of Dawson. Players like JMcI, McCartin, Ling, Stevens and McLean have those qualities in spades.

I was watching The Chad and his dash, blonde hair and hardness reminded me of Zac Jones on the surface. Dig deeper and you can see the kid reads the game and does not butcher the ball. He possesses the smarts that Zac lacks while his ball use is light years ahead.

Foot skills, footy smarts and toughness. Makes it sound so simple.

Certainly better than the days of drafting Willoughby types *cringe*

Foot skills, footy smarts and toughness. Makes it sound so simple.

Certainly better than the days of drafting Willoughby types *cringe*

It obviously isn't. Still it seems we moved to focussing on kids with those attributes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the extended 14 minute highlights again and how good are Ollie’s kicks to Wicks and then Reid. He’s always had talent but he’s completely transformed. He’s so confident in himself.

But that also must come from having confident players around him, having faith in the team around him ... it's not like he was crap from the off, he obviously had considerable skills and ability, but he must've lost a lot of self-belief in the past few seasons with things going wrong all over the field, mistakes, breaking down under pressure, different game style ... to have the confidence to know now that someone will be on the receiving end, in the right position, will hold that mark, rather than be pressured into more mistakes, that then have a domino effect on players' confidence in their skills, etc ... and as i've posted earlier, the more this group stay together and keep playing this way, keep building faith and confidence in each other, the better the individuals and the team will be ...

I wasn’t having a go, more saying that we should have been focusing on those attributes already.

I think we got caught up in the Athletes and toughness first and skills and footy acumen second. Don't get me wrong about Zac Jones who does possess attributes but awareness and footy IQ is not high.

Warner is a better player now than zak jones ever was or will ... i get the thing about hardness but jones also played with that macho dumbness that i think affected whatever skills he had ...

running skills has also been high on the agenda when drafting
Florent, Ling, Hayward, Mcinerney, Foot, Stephens, Warner, Blakey, Campbell etc... all fast and/or good endurance.

I look at the young teams going around, Freo, Port and the most scary is Goldcoast.. but our young crew are looking the best.
Basically, Kinnear and Dalrymple have been handed a game plan and drafted excellently to suit. Credit should also be given to the development and coaching staff as well as the Senior players.

If you go back about a month on this board it was still being talked about.

We’re now being lauded in the media, and on here, for being the most accurate and high scoring team in the game. I’ve never seen a turnaround like this.

Florent was like Maxfield out there yesterday.

Brisbane and Richmond tipped as Grand Final teams on their home turf game over at 3qtr time...

Teams cant go with us they only get into the game once we drop off.

As it stands I reckon the current list possesses the best combo of skills and IQ I have seen.

I think that's a main one that people aren't commenting on a heap, the footy IQ in the side is incredible.

You guys are awesome!

McDonald-Gulden-Campbell could be your Rozee-Butters-Duursma.

Your senior players are Buddy, Luke Parker, Jake Lloyd, Josh Kennedy, Dane Rampe, Sam Reid, Harry Cunningham, then George Hewett is 25, Heeney 24, Mills 24, Papley 24 then you've got McDonald, Gulden, Campbell, Wicks, Warner, Blakey, Stephens, Gould etc.

I'm strapping myself in for another decade long finals run from you guys.

You guys are awesome!

McDonald-Gulden-Campbell could be your Rozee-Butters-Duursma.

Your senior players are Buddy, Luke Parker, Jake Lloyd, Josh Kennedy, Dane Rampe, Sam Reid, Harry Cunningham, then George Hewett is 25, Heeney 24, Mills 24, Papley 24 then you've got McDonald, Gulden, Campbell, Wicks, Warner, Blakey, Stephens, Gould etc.

I'm strapping myself in for another decade long finals run from you guys.

Thanks brah and could your mob kindly smack the Tigers around again? Would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back