Autopsy v Richmond - Swans win by 45

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicked back and watched the replay with a few quiet tequilas, and some warm and fuzzy thoughts:

1. We got the rub og the green. About time, but we were rewarded for effort.
2. No-one deserves to be dropped, Blakey included. However I fully expect we had rotation plans for the kids before the season started. The unexpected 3-0 start may add a wrinkle there, but I rekon Stephens, Haywar, Ling even Bell will be looked at to get a run.
3. Our ability to get numbers around the ball all over the ground was first rate. Rarely were we stuck with no support.
4. Hickey, I'll say it again, looks like he should be busking in Byron, but he has suprised and impressed me. I also think sinkers may came in for him at some stage soon.
5. Talk in AFL about the new "striker" position is hyperbole, however Heensy kinda fits the bill if one was to buy into that kind of scuttlebutt.
6. Florent has arrived. I said last year that with better fitness he would nail the passes, and looks like that to me.
7. I prolly need another pre-season to get to 10 lol.

Just a thought, y'all have a good day.

Kicked back and watched the replay with a few quiet tequilas, and some warm and fuzzy thoughts:

1. We got the rub og the green. About time, but we were rewarded for effort.
Disagree - most frees were due to Richmond being constantly second to contests all day, in addition to the frustration of being belted by teenagers.

Besides that mark to Nank that wasn't paid. WTF was that?

Disagree - most frees were due to Richmond being constantly second to contests all day, in addition to the frustration of being belted by teenagers.

Besides that mark to Nank that wasn't paid. WTF was that?
Nank's "mark" was a clean drop. Standing still, untouched by anyone, failed to maintain control. Ump 100% correct.

Have you ever seen so many tap ons. Sydney do not hand ball anymore. We are the Haley Globetrotters of the AFL.
And we kick the ground ball.
I never understood why players constantly try and pick up a ball when they will inevitably get tackled. Our newly developed soccer skills are working wonders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we are talking nicknames etc, I'm seeing more and more on social media things like the Swoms and Croms. Is there a reference I am missing or have I finally reached an age where I'm too uncool to get it?

I don't know if this is the original source or not, but after Adelaide beat Geelong in round 1, the official AFL Instagram and Twitter accounts misspelled Crows as "Croms". It was quickly fixed, but by then it was already the butt of jokes. That was the first time I saw it, unless it has it's origins elsewhere...

I don't know if this is the original source or not, but after Adelaide beat Geelong in round 1, the official AFL Instagram and Twitter accounts misspelled Crows as "Croms". It was quickly fixed, but by then it was already the butt of jokes. That was the first time I saw it, unless it has it's origins elsewhere...

It's older than that and is off Reddit or somewhere.

I like it because Swarm sounds scary and also the word looks a bit like Swan so there’s room for puns if it becomes successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which it won't be. Healy condemned it to failure along with the "Orange tsunami" and "Simmo's Wall"

Was it touched off the boot? There was an attempted smother of the kick.
Ump didn't pay the mark. I do wonder though if he saw that Reid was illegally shepherded from making the contest and rather than paying a free in front of goal called it evens and just let it ride. If the ump had followed the rules, Reid would have been lining up for goals.

This is our list for the Tigers game and they can't stop whingeing.

Tigers got Lynch, Prestia, Caddy - Pillaged GCS, that's all good for the big V.

1 - Chad Warner - #39, 2019 National Draft - Willetton (WA)

5 - Isaac Heeney - #18, 2014 National Draft – Cardiff (NSW)

6 - Logan McDonald - #4, 2020 National Draft - Applecross (WA)

7 - Harry Cunningham - #107, 2012 - Rookie Elevation - Turvey Park (NSW)

11 - Tom Papley – #14, 2015 Rookie Draft - Bunyip (Vic)

12 - Josh Kennedy - #40, 2006 Father Son (Hawks) - East Sandringham (Vic) – Traded value #39

13 - Oliver Florent - #11, 2016 National Draft - Beaumaris (Vic)

14 - Callum Mills - #3, 2015 National Draft – North Shore (NSW) – Matched Demons pick

16 - Braeden Campbell - #5, 2020 National Draft – Pennant Hills (NSW) – Matched Hawks Pick

20 - Sam Reid - #38, 2009 National Draft - Wangaratta Rovers (Vic)

21 - Errol Gulden - #32, 2020 National Draft - UNSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW) Matched Cats Pick

22 - Nick Blakey - #10, 2018 National Draft - University Of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW) – Matched GWS bid

24 - Dane Rampe - #37, 2012 Rookie Draft - Williamstown (VFL)/Eastern Suburbs (NSW)/Uni Of NSW (NSW)

26 - Luke Parker - #40, 2010 National Draft - Langwarrin (Vic)

27 - Justin McInerney - #44, 2018 National Draft - Banyule (Vic)

29 - George Hewett - #32, 2013 National Draft - Broughton-Mundoora (SA)

30 - Tom McCartin - #33, 2017 National Draft - St Joseph's, Geel (Vic)

31 - Tom Hickey - 2010 Zone GCS - Morningside (Qld) (Complicated traded maybe ~ 600 points- 31?)

34 - Jordan Dawson - #56, 2015 National Draft - Robe (SA)

41 - Hayden McLean - 2018 Pre-season supplemental selection period - Beaumaris (Vic) South Adelaide (SA)

44 - Jake Lloyd – #16 2013 Rookie Draft - Horsham Demons (Vic)

45 – Sam Wicks - 2018 Other – Barely recognised by AFL for his selection - Manly-Warringah (NSW)

I do think the issue with doubling up on Logan and Campbell is valid in fairness, but I think that's more to do with the points system and bidding process and is an issue with F/S as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back