Autopsy V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Jack, Rance and Cotchin aside, there's very little leadership, commitment and passion for the jumper on field from the more experienced players in this group. When you're looking up to the likes of Grigg and Edwards as 150+ game players, you get a result like yesterday.

Most of these blokes don't have that Maric like craziness and commitment. Roll up, get paid, no worries...
Cotchin is not passionate or a leader. He thinks of footy purely as a job, he would be one of the least passionate players on the list.

To be honest, how did anyone expect any better a performance with the team we were fielding? I certainly was not surprised with the result...
No Deledio, Miles, Griffiths, Vickery, Batchelor, Chaplin, Morris (even missing McIntosh) which were at some point all best 22 this year or last year.
As much as I think the club needs a new coach, I can't 100% blame Hardwick for yesterdays performance. The kids were just shown up by a very, very experienced side. They'll all be better for the run.
I'm excited for this off season, getting everybody back to health and hopefully starting fresh with some new pickups.

That is the worst list of 'missing players leading to a loss' I have ever seen!!!

LOL at Hardwick saying Allir Allir is a fantastic player. For crying out loud he is a 1st year player, who was allowed to do as he pleased. If only we applied pressure for 4 quarters like all good teams do, then it might be acceptable.

Apologies if unwelcome, but surely this just makes his excuse that you expect that kind of performance 7 first or 2nd year players even worse, talking about Sydney's "experienced" backline which had Harrison Marsh, Harry Cunningham, Aliir Aliir in it, (in addition to Papley, Heeney, Hewett and Naismith) meaning Sydney also had 7 1st or 2nd year players.

How did no Journo question that logic?

Yep, it goes well beyond the coach. The recruiting, development, assistant coaches etc all need to be looked at and changed up. More needs to change than just dimma. But getting rid of the delusional coach is a good start.
Can someone dig up the bones of Graeme Richmond and leave them on the boardroom table Even dead he wouldn't put up with this crap and make some moves to resurrect this club
The Board runs the club and it's overdue that that make the hard calls
Dimma out
Recruiting Team Out
Conditioning Team Out
Balme in a head of football
Knighta in as assistant coach
Bomber Thompson in as assistant or head coach
Delist a large number of players who clearly are not up to it( I could list 10plus) but will leave it up to more qualified people
Recruit some players with some size aggression who can kick and run
Make us the number one tackling team
Play a decent style of football
I can handle us losing if we try tackle smother and play a decent game style and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel not the crap we are playing at present

Apologies if unwelcome, but surely this just makes his excuse that you expect that kind of performance 7 first or 2nd year players even worse, talking about Sydney's "experienced" backline which had Harrison Marsh, Harry Cunningham, Aliir Aliir in it, (in addition to Papley, Heeney, Hewett and Naismith) meaning Sydney also had 7 1st or 2nd year players.

How did no Journo question that logic?

kick us on the main, not here

Pretty crappy feeling right now not unlike being consistently beaten by you guys!!! lol

There is an old song titled 'turn turn turn' . Everything in life has it's place, it's turn......including I believe a richmond flag. Don't despair. You have beaten is regularly!!

The current success of the swans(in staying consistently in finals - even if flag eludes us) is their attention to detail and professionalism in every aspect of the club- coaching, development, injury mgt, administration, list mgt. The swans have had the same or lesser high level picks yet are able to 'produce' the high quality player (often another clubs discard) because of the superiority of what they do in the off field things. Get the formula right in THAT area first and foremost and it produces what you want .... A chane at a flag regularly. Don't do that and you become no better than eddie the fat controller constantly picking at what others do in order to make HIS team better when facts are we ALL have the same opportunities.

Like Isaac Heeney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the worst list of 'missing players leading to a loss' I have ever seen!!!

"No Deledio, Miles, Griffiths, Vickery, Batchelor, Chaplin, Morris (even missing McIntosh)"

Have to agree with this. 7 years into a rebuild with Hardwick and these players are integral parts of the Tiger machine to take us forward as a powerhouse?
Is he avin a laff? Deledio is obviously a star but with age injuries are starting to creep in, McIntosh has upside but is far from polished and susceptible to turning it over.
Let's throw in Conca and Lennon as missing from yesterday also, it's frightening after 7 years this is where we find ourselves.
There is no justification that can be made for Dimma to get another crack at a rebuild.
A most basic of football review would make that plainly apparent you don't have to dig deep at all.
#ECO

I've maintained for years that the whole defense first thing is just stifling the natural progression of our players and coaching their attacking capabilities out of them. We draft players we have enough of, and develop them into something they aren't. The smart thing is to draft what we don't have, and develop what we do.

Develop a forward flanker as a forward flanker. Develop a Key Forward as a key forward.

None of this draft a forward and play them as a defender nonsense. Sure, Working on the defensive aspects is important, but it should not be the primary focus. Developing a player in their natural position is the single most important facet of player development. If Elton had of played all of his years as a forward, he'd probably be better. If McDonough had of been developed as that medium sized mid, he might have been more successful etc.

Hardest thing in football is just to keep keeping it simple. Goes to all aspects of coaching and playing style.

Isaac Heeney is a second year player and is bigger than our entire midfield.

Mostly genetics.

Why is Rance so much bigger and leaner than all our players, despite doing a pretty much identical workout and having a very similar diet?

I trained in the gym with Luke Parker many times before he was drafted. He was solid before he started weights, but he bulked up with little to no effort.

I could lift heavier weights than him for more reps with better form, both about the same height, but he looked AFL ready and I barely looked ready to play ressies for the under 16s.

Or Callum Mills?
Who wouldn't be playing AFL at all if it weren't for us putting 7 years and millions of dollars into their development?

I mean, I know you guys are pretty down right now, but don't start this argument here. Plenty of other threads to get it wrong :p

Who wouldn't be playing AFL at all if it weren't for us putting 7 years and millions of dollars into their development?

I mean, I know you guys are pretty down right now, but don't start this argument here. Plenty of other threads to get it wrong :p

Piss off back to the main if your wanting a fight

U may have missed it but this is a rfc board, not a swans one

An opportunity that no other club is allowed. North pushed for a Tassie academy but it got knocked back. Every club in the league would love to have their own academy, even if it does cost them millions. What's a few million bucks if it gives you priority access to some of the best young talent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back