Autopsy V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a Tiger flag in my lifetime - its unlikely I'll get to see another - the way things are at present - its unlikely my kids will see one their lifetimes - how good is it to be a Tiger - I ask you ...
Luckily I've seen a few back then the club was ruthless and feared we made decisions quickly and recruited the right people to the club and got the right mix of players
If the present committee can't make the hard calls on the coaches and recruiting get out of their roles and let others get involved to right the ship
Sick of hearing how politically correct we are I just want football results and if we upset the competition to get these results great we are finally heading in the right direction

To be honest, how did anyone expect any better a performance with the team we were fielding? I certainly was not surprised with the result...
No Deledio, Miles, Griffiths, Vickery, Batchelor, Chaplin, Morris (even missing McIntosh) which were at some point all best 22 this year or last year.
As much as I think the club needs a new coach, I can't 100% blame Hardwick for yesterdays performance. The kids were just shown up by a very, very experienced side. They'll all be better for the run.
I'm excited for this off season, getting everybody back to health and hopefully starting fresh with some new pickups.
The difference isn't experience. They're a good club. Guys like Heeney, Aliir, Hewett, Parker all killed us. Compare them to reflective players of similar age/experience from richmond:
Lloyd - decent player but not even close to Heeney.
Elton/Moore/Chol - None have had any real impact on a game ever. Aliir in his first season is taking big contested marks and playing to team setup well.
Lambert/Markon/Lennon/C.Ellis - 2 first round picks there not even in the team, 1 rookie in and one not. Hewett is in his 3rd year IIRC, and outperforming all of those guys.
Lennon/Ellis/Ellis/Conca/McIntosh - vs Parker. seriously?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back