• Van Gisbergen

• Mostert

• Courtney

• Coulthard

• McLaughlin

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like me and Whincup. Whincup and Frosty just aren't likeable. Surley Mostert is a likeable Ford guy for ya!

I've had a look at all of them and I'd say the SS V Redline Commodore is better than the Mustang and if the Falcon was able to bring out a new VF competitior it would probably be better as well. The FGX XR8 is a ridiculously good buy! If I were a Ford fan I'd be all over it. Such a shame we are losing these cars. Especially when they are both quality.
Whincup and Frosty . Very unlikable . I blame them for the free to air coverage dropping off.

Shane has a mentality of win it or bin it.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which to me is strange as out of the supercar drivers I've met those two were the most fan friendly. Though I did meet Whincup before he won any championships so not sure how all that success has changed him.
I've always found JC to be great with fans. Met him on a couple of occasions when he was with Ford and then Holden, and he was really good.

The one I always found to be a w***er was Skaife. Although apparently he's mellowed since retiring.

Every time I met Skaife he was great. He seem to have time for everyone which is saying something because he easily had the biggest crowd at the time.

Only real flog for me was Dick Johnson.
See to me DJ was the best of the lot and Brock was a total flog. Its what drove me toward the Blue Oval as a kid. I remember being about 4yo out at Mallala and DJ had all the time in the world, whereas Brock had none at all.

Jim Richards always loves a chat, and of the current guys I find both Scott Mac and Scott Pye great value, also Chris Pither Chaz. Don't have much time for the HRT guys, regardless of who they drive for, nor Frosty.

PYE JOINS WALKINSHAW

Scott Pye will be named as a Walkinshaw Racing driver for 2017 on Friday.

Auto Action’s spies report that the star youngster, currently with DJR Team Penske, has been signed by the Holden team on a ‘multi-year’ deal. He will replace Garth Tander – who, we further understand, did not know about the deal until members of the Clayton, Melbourne-based team was informed on Thursday.

Pye, 26, will join James Courtney in what is currently the Holden Racing Team. Courtney had been linked with other teams, but AA expects that an announcement about his new deal is expected in the next two weeks.

The way now appears clear for Tander to move on to a new challenge. At Sandown he told the media that he knew what he would be driving in 2017, and recent reports indicate that there have been tensions between the veteran and Holden team, for which he won last weekend’s Sandown 500. Tander has been linked to Garry Rogers Motorsport, for which he won Bathurst 16 years ago, as well as Erebus Motorsport, which has just signed former HRT engineer Alistair McVean.

HRT is believed to be in discussions for a series of new sponsorship deals that will see it continue in the sport, in spite of losing its factory Holden backing, which is being transferred to Red Bull Racing next season.

Last edited:
Yep glad to see Scott get another gig, and Tander back to GRM makes sense however Garry usually promotes youth.

Back