V8SC Rd 11: THE GREAT RACE, YOU KNOW WHERE

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's just over 3 weeks away to the big one. The one they all want to win. The one where more people than any other watch, even if there is a 1 slab limit per person per day at the top. The one where anything usually does and will happen. The one that provokes more discussion amongst Australian race fans than any other.

A few changes to the list from PI last weekend. Alex Davison is in the 111 PCR machine with no clash with FIA GT Championship this weekend. However after being egged on by his "cohorts" White and Beretta (and probably the on holdays ****head Koch) on that bullshit called Sunrise, Grant Denyer will be out of the 777 car and is also 1cm shorter, so another driver is required.

3, count them, 3 days of coverage with qualifying stages 1 and 2 on the Friday, the traditional shootout on the Saturday (this is the only place where they should hold a shootout BTW, not every round except PI like they are planning next year) and race day on the Sunday. Check locals of course for TV times, there is only 3 weeks to go before it's here.

Already been warming up this week by sifting through all the YOUTUBE vids.
:thumbsu:
Wonder how far the ENFORCER can drag the SCAP commo up the order before MUPPETT MORRIS screws the pooch ???

FROSTY / RICHO will win methinks

No doubt race officials will manufacture a close finish again this year by calling a safety car for something very minimal with around 20 laps to go.

Some bloke's dog sneezing on the track is all it takes these days.

Support categories for the Mountain.

Fujitsu V8 Supercars
V8 Utes
Carrera Cup
Mini Series

Don't know how many European based posters there are on this board, but Motors TV will be broadcasting the full Sunday coverage (including the morning Carrera Cup and Utes race) live.

No doubt race officials will manufacture a close finish again this year by calling a safety car for something very minimal with around 20 laps to go.

Some bloke's dog sneezing on the track is all it takes these days.

debris in turn 1?

why not though? if there is more than a 4 second lead between 1st and 2nd - you gotta throw it? that's the laws of the game isn't it?

Support categories for the Mountain.

V8 Utes
Carrera Cup
Mini Series
:rolleyes:
I remember when i used to enjoy the support classes.
Bring back the showroom showdown ( all 4 cars LOL )
Appendix J ( Muscle car masters )
or the Sports sedans ( all 8 of them )

I love Bathurst - yearly barbie fired up and dreaming of a Holden whitewash!!!

It would interesting to see whos everyone's dream result(the one you would give your arm/leg/nut for) as oppose to who you think will win

The podium I woud give anything for....
1)Perkins & Pretty JDR
2)Murph & Richo SGR
3)Toddler and Price JDR

Reality bites....
Lowndes & Whincup
Tander & Skafe
Winterbottom & S Richards

Anything can happen in sport I guess

I wouldn't mind seeing Ingall win but I wouldn't want Morris with him.
Ditto for Jason Richards, but I don't want to see Murphy on top.

In order of teams I'd like to see on top
1) #18 Johnson and Davison. When was the last time there wasn't a Johnson in the #17 at Bathurst.
2) #25 Bright and Macrow.
3) #9 Van Gisbergen and Webb.
4) #888 Lowndes and Whincup
5) #111 Coulthard and A. Davison.

What will happen barring mishaps.
Random order of #888, #1, #6, #18.

Hard to rate likely outcomes as anything and everything is possible. Any of say 13-14 pairings could in theory come out on top, but really there are only four that should win if they don't **** up.

Regular Drivers paired together
#1. Skaife / Tander - One of top four contenders.
#3. J. Richards / Murphy - If Murphy performs here (unlike the rest of the season), a podium would be possible.
#6. Winterbottom / S. Richards - One of the top four contenders.
#7. T. Kelly / Price - Podium long shot.
#12. A. Jones / McConville - Top 5 at best, if car is fixed properly.
#18. W. Davison / Johnson - One of top four contenders.
#33. Holdsworth / Caruso - Certainly a good chance for a top result if things fall their way.
#39. Morris / Ingall - If Morris managed to stay out of the stewards vision for the weekend, the car certainly has the pace to be on the podium.
#888. Lowndes / Whincup - One of the top four contenders.

Regular/Non-Regular pairings
#4. Courtney / Besnard - 2nd here last year, well within capabilties of doing that again.
#9. Van Gisbergen / Webb - Probably not quite as strong as car 4, but could be a podium contender come the end of the race.
#15. R. Kelly / Radisich - A chance for a win, would love to see it for Radisich, but not for no-nads.
#16. Dumbrell / Reynolds - Top 5 at best. Shocking performance from Dumbrell at PI. SBR would be so thankful that Holden wanted to keep the Autobarn money.
#021. Pither / Scott - A Top 15 position would be too kind.
#25. Bright / Macrow - Strong contender here last year, podium chance, win extreme long shot.
#26. Marshall / Halliday - Top 5 long shot.
#50. Thompson / Weel - Top 10 at best.
#55. D'Alberto / Bargwanna - Top 5 long shot.
#111. Coulthard / A. Davison - Podium long shot. Yet to see Alex in a V8 this year, but Coulthard has certainly shone this year.
#777. Patrizi / ??? - Top 10 long shot. Would be well served to try and get John McIntyre for Bathurst, who performed well at PI for PCR.

Non-regular pairings.
#2. Seton / Baird - Top 5-10 at best.
#5. Youlden / Canto - Top 5-10 at best.
#11. Perkins / Pretty - I'd say Top 5-10 at best, great performance at PI for 8th.
#14. Wilson / B. Jones - Wilson was the fastest of the four BOC drivers in qualifying at PI, sadly Brad was the slowest. Would be better off if they looked at McIntyre for the great race.
#17. Owen / Luff - The strongest of the non-pairings. Owen driving for a full-time ride next year (if he doesn't already have one). Podium chance.
#34. Ritter / Ellery - Top 5 at best.
#51. Wood / Noske - Top 10 at best.
#67. Said / Neal and #88. Hynes / Giovanardi - Both completely unknowns. Neal has experience here, but not for a while. The other three will take a while to find their feet at this track. If they came back next year they might be expected to do something, but this year I wouldn't be surprised for the cars to end the weekend damaged. I'd love to see Gio do well though.

debris in turn 1?

why not though? if there is more than a 4 second lead between 1st and 2nd - you gotta throw it? that's the laws of the game isn't it?

Makes a mockery of the first 140 odd laps... for most incidents localised yellow flags are all that is needed to ensure safety on a track that long.

Wouldn't mind if the safety cars were genuinely needed, but when the officials use this mechanism year after year to manufacture a close finish it is wrong.

Eventhough I'm neither a Holden or Ford fan, it's still my favourite day on the Aussie sporting calender.

Hoping Skaifey can equal Perkins total of 6 Bathurst victories this year.

Wouldn't mind if the safety cars were genuinely needed, but when the officials use this mechanism year after year to manufacture a close finish it is wrong.

I think there has only ever been 1 SC deployed after lap 150 at Bathurst.

Although that was slightly ridiculous.

Can NOT wait for this one. I'll be in QLD, but doesn't matter where you are, you just don't miss Bathurst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres my take on the pairings....

HRT
1 - Skaife/Tander- Skaife could be the achillies heel of this pairing but he does usually step up on the Mountain. Tander has had rotten luck here of late and I hope it continues :p, alas I think theyll finish top 3.

2 - Seton/Baird- Bairdo is still quick but really I cant see much for these guys unless it rains alot.

Tasman
3 - JRichards/Murphy- As much as I cant stand the whinging Kiwi he does drive fast here and theyll be around the mark as they were last year after showing next to nothing everywhere else.

51 - Wood/Noske- I would think we'll see these guys anywhere around the top 15.

SBR
4 - Courtney/Besnard- 3rd in 06 (with Seton), 2nd last year. If they can keep it on the road (big IF) they are every chance of taking that one step further.

9 - Vis Gisbergen/Webb- The young boys are in with a big chance of a good result here, expect them to qualify in the 10 and maybe hold that spot the entire way through.

FPR
5 - Youlden/Canto- What a waste of a good car, Youlden will do his job but Canto will put it into the wall or into someone else. He had talent once, where did it all go ??

6 - Winterbottom/SRichards- The favourites to win IMO. Shouldve done so last year and with Frostys formline this year they really should win it.

JDR
7 - TKelly/Price- Not fast enough. The car will last the distance so they should get a reasonable result but they need it to bucket down to get near the podium

11 - Perkins/Pretty- Will struggle to be around the top dozen. Hope they do well though.

BJR
12 - AJones/McConville- These guys should go ok as if mentioned, the car is sorted properly. I reckon top 10 and maybe even top 5 if things go their way.

14 - Wilson/BJones- Max can be quick on his day and will qualify the car well but Brad is miles past it and they wont feature anywhere too high.

Toll HSV
15 - RKelly/Radisich- Thankfully the Rat has made it easier for me to write nice things. Theyll be around the pointy end for sure and Rick will be better for not having Dumb Dumb in the car. Top 5 chance for sure.

16 - Dumbrell/Reynolds- I still remember 1 poster telling us at the beginning of the year that we would all be wrong about Dumbrell, tell me exactly when were we supposed to see this ??

DJR
17 - Owen/Luff- What ?? No Johnson in 17 at Bathurst...... Still, these guys could spring a surprise or two, Owen is especially quick.

18 - Davison/SJohnson- The darkhorse of the field, if you can call them that. Should be right up there and I wouldnt be the only one who REALLY wants these guys to win.

Team Kiwi
021 - Pither/Scott- Will be unsighted all day unless they cause a massive accident.

Britek
25 - Bright/Macrow- Nearly pulled off the miracle of the century last year, but Brighty binned it on cold tyres. May feature around the top 10 but theres plenty of stronger pairings and cars.

26 - Marshall/Halliday- Miles off it IMO and will hang around the back.

GRM
33 - Holdworth/Caruso- I like these guys, but will Caruso will strong enough to keep Holdsworth around the front for the charge to the finish ?? I think theyll be around the top 6-7

34 - Ritter/Ellery- Ellery is past it and that will cost them a good result.

PMM
39 - Ingall/Morris- Dipstick is still promising "revenge" on Courtney and he might just be the only man stupid enough to try it at the Chase. If he can hold his brain together he and Ingall could be in for a good result here.

67 - Said/Neal- Ambrose' best mate comes out for a crack at a real race, will be miles out of their depth.

PWR
50 - Thompson/Weel- Thompson hasnt been given the car to show us just how talented he is, sadly he and Weel are going to hang down the back

Triple Eight
88 - Hynes/Giovanardi- Gio is a very classy steerer but its hard to see these guys being any threat to the top 15 despite the car under them.

888 - Lowndes/Whincup- 2 time defending champs and youd be a brave person to bet against them again. Will be up the front no doubt and all things going well, they should finish at least top 3.

PCR
111 - Coulthard/ADavison- The surprise packet of the year for mine, I hope they do well and they should do.

Ausdrill
777 - Patrizi/???- Wont matter if Lewis Spam came down here to race with him, theyd still come last.

I don't want to put a dampener on things but I've just had a terrible thought......Ch7 AFL coverage this year....horrible, Ch7 Olympics coverage.....the worst ever. How will they screw bathurst?

Last year I didnt think it was too bad so hopefully they dont try many of those "inovations" and stuff things up royally. Fingers crossed.

I get why Ford fans dont like Murph but if there were more Murphs around Sport wouldnt be so damm boring most of the time!!!

Whats wrong with a bit of Passion, someone who speaks their mind!!
Probably the small factor of ALMOST KILLING Marcos Ambrose in 05 :rolleyes:
And i was no Ambrose fan.
Most DISGUSTING thing i've ever seen on a racetrack !!!!!

Probably the small factor of ALMOST KILLING Marcos Ambrose in 05 :rolleyes:
And i was no Ambrose fan.
Most DISGUSTING thing i've ever seen on a racetrack !!!!!

Not looking to hard then. I was pissed at Murph then, but Ingall swerving at Skaife at Eastern Creek was pretty low.

Just need to watch a driver got served up last night in the BTCC to see a lower act.
Darren Turner turns around John George.
[YOUTUBE]tjT61XQ7q0Y[/YOUTUBE]

I don't want to put a dampener on things but I've just had a terrible thought......Ch7 AFL coverage this year....horrible, Ch7 Olympics coverage.....the worst ever. How will they screw bathurst?

Perhaps they'll do the trick they did at the PI 500 last week - start live and slowly delay it so they can get more ads in and have it finish right on 6pm so they go straight into the 7 news,like they do with the sunday footy games.

Perhaps they'll do the trick they did at the PI 500 last week - start live and slowly delay it so they can get more ads in and have it finish right on 6pm so they go straight into the 7 news,like they do with the sunday footy games.
Bingo.

That wins :eek:

Just on the " SHRIEK AT THE CREEK " , Russ was stupid for swerving.....but ur thoughts on the actual tangle ??

Neither gave each other room, Ingall may have turned, or may have lost it a bit coming off the curb. I generally went with the view that it was a racing incident, but watching it again there seems to be a movement from Ingall into the side of Skaife.

Would love to have seen OB footage from Ingall's car.

Still overshadowed by Ingall's swerve the following lap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back