Science/Environment Vaccination and Herd Immunity: How it works.

We still seem to have plenty of people who just don't understand how this works.

Here's an animation:

The short answer: it's not about you, it's about vulnerable people that can't get vaccinated, like newborn babies, or people going through chemo.

And I'll add that it's about people for whom vaccination is less effective. Or for whom life-saving treatments (like long-term intubation on a respirator) can still cause damage.

Here's another picture:

1598485763813.png

Attachments

• 1598485763986.png
    1598485763986.png
    600.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
As if anti vaxxers have ever given a sh*t about newborn babies or the vulnerable. They rely on the rest of us in keeping their children safe.

Was the username "Mother Teresa" already taken when you showed up here on March 20, 2007?

Chief's just ruined any chance BigFooty has of cracking the lucrative Mullumbimby market for online football forums.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
As if anti vaxxers have ever given a sh*t about newborn babies or the vulnerable. They rely on the rest of us in keeping their children safe.

I wouldn't call myself an "anti-vaxxer". But do you believe that aspartame is safe? I mean, the FDA approved it after (allegedly) multiple tests proving it's safety for human consumption.

• Admin
I wouldn't call myself an "anti-vaxxer". But do you believe that aspartame is safe? I mean, the FDA approved it after (allegedly) multiple tests proving it's safety for human consumption.
Wait *in what?

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyway, if I could shift from a medical/nutritional analogy .... are those who a pro-COVID-19-vaccine the same people who were anti-Iraq-war?

Sorry to say, but that's entirely inconsistent. You can't be anti-warhawk, and then say you're for whatever the mainstream advocates as a potential treatment for COVID-19 because the (IMO corrupt) FDA says so.

At least I'm consistent. I was against the Iraq war, and I am now against big pharma. The rest of you live in a state of cognitive dissonance i.e. "Ooooh I'm against the establishment, but I'll go along with whatever big pharma says is true." GIVE ME A BREAK!

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
"I'm against capitalism! But whatever big (capitalist) pharma says (e.g. to get vaccinated), I will obey!"

What a ******* joke!

Edit: Actually, I probably shouldn't tell you losers this. In fact, I take it back. Yes, yes, go ahead and get vaccinated. I, personally, won't. But if you want to * up your life and suffer lifelong side effects, go ahead. Why should I give a *?

*sigh* Why am I even debating, or engaging in "discourse" with, people who have no ******* idea?

And these people with no ******* idea are the same people who are banning me from discussion on this forum.
Where did the Aspartame thing come from?

Thanks for proving that the person in charge of banning people from discussion, or in other words "discourse", on this forum has NFI.
Dude you’re cooked.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Late night drinking induces rage in some people. Sit back and enjoy the show.

:rolleyes: Your sentence is grammatically incorrect, BTW. It's interesting how someone who is engaging in "late night drinking" (sic) is able to formulate a better-structured argument, in the grammatical sense, than you are.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
:rolleyes: Your sentence is grammatically incorrect, BTW. It's interesting how someone who is engaging in "late night drinking" (sic) is able to formulate a better-structured argument, in the grammatical sense, than you are.
You're using performance enhancing drugs.

Late night drinking induces rage in some people. Sit back and enjoy the show.
Doesn’t it
Yes, especially if they have criminal record and have a propensity for resisting arrest.

The determining factor is whether a whitey, such as yourself, labels it as such.
Who was a arresting the people who were shot?

Back