VAFA General Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had 4 sides down to 3. I don't mind too much, it means we still bank 2x byes (8 more points) unless North Brunswick or Glen Eira pull out, and we've already played (and beaten) them once, and don't play them again until the last round.

Try 2 sides down to one - chaddy only play clubbies atm- no sides in the divisions

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After forfeiting they rang our Secretary ay 11 30 on Thursday night to see if we wanted a practice match ! The rumour is that some are going to a team in Canterbury.

They did the same to us. yet then I think they decided they wanted an easy win in division 4 thirds and that’s what they got....apparently they were cocky and lippy the whole day as well.

They did the same to us. yet then I think they decided they wanted an easy win in division 4 thirds and that’s what they got....apparently they were cocky and lippy the whole day as well.
Seems a bit silly of Chadstone to be getting lippy. Only won about 10 games in the past 10 years. Not a lot to get lippy about.

Extremely poor form, the entire div 4 team left, they then dropped their div3 team to div4, take a look at their score today, the VAFA should enforce them to play in div3
I think it's terrible that any team has a mass walk out, or struggles for numbers. Chadstone have done pretty well to hang on this long after winning so few games over many years.
That said, if a team is to forfeit, then they should always play the higher division game, not the lower. We played them two weeks ago, and they'd forfeited their Div 3 Clubbies game. They dropped back several of their Div 3 side back and won comfortably. On the weekend, North Brunswick got belted after Chadstone once again forfeited their Div 3 game. It's unlikely that a few Div 3 players make a 170 point difference, but as Dennis Denuto famously said, it's the "Vibe"

I think it's terrible that any team has a mass walk out, or struggles for numbers. Chadstone have done pretty well to hang on this long after winning so few games over many years.
That said, if a team is to forfeit, then they should always play the higher division game, not the lower. We played them two weeks ago, and they'd forfeited their Div 3 Clubbies game. They dropped back several of their Div 3 side back and won comfortably. On the weekend, North Brunswick got belted after Chadstone once again forfeited their Div 3 game. It's unlikely that a few Div 3 players make a 170 point difference, but as Dennis Denuto famously said, it's the "Vibe"
I think it's nearly entirely their div 4 team that walked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

both far too small for modern football, too many athletes games can be very stop start.

for me best grounds
1. Brunswick st oval (great history, good size ground beautiful place)
2. Melb Uni (best social rooms bar none in the vafa great modern change rooms, providing its not a wet winter good ground the picket fence tops it off)
You spelt “Garvey Oval” wrong ;)

Canterbury are taking Chadstones position in the draw.

Why are they all walking out mid season to another VAFA club - they will end up playing in same section against same opposition? From the outside it doesnt look good for both the players and clubs involved.

Ladder wise they are taking their percentage down with them rather than start fresh now I assume?
You'd have to do it that way, which is an advantage to everyone else considering it's 23%. My guess is that it's to put pressure on Chaddy to field a team in the division above now that it's down to 8 there and after the bye they can rearrange the fixture so that Monash slip into Chadstone's spot.

Why's the final U19 rep side not up on the VAFA website yet?

They were quick to get the Women's team up..
Need to spread the love. Once the 19's team goes up, it immediately pushes the Women's News down a rung.

Its all about information retention, once your off the top line, you are forgotten.

Max "Post doctorate in Social Media" Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back