VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Still doesn’t answer why an untried coach can get the gig.

Max “retired not sacked” Leader
Nothing more than a tease Maxwell.

It is a curious appointment. That said, I think hinting at a connection between someone who may have once worked at the VAFA and known to 'Plugger' was regrettable.

Don't know 'Plugger' but I'm told he's had coaching ambitions for sometime, has put time into preparing himself for that next footy step and is a student of the game. Pretty sure he'll surround himself with plenty of experienced coaches too.

Who knows, maybe Hedge's former coach and one about whom he has spoken volumes might be interested in adding his experience.

Perhaps Brian, version 24, could don his hair hat and give us some insight into whether 'Plugger' is made of the right coaching stuff.

Nothing more than a tease Maxwell.

It is a curious appointment. That said, I think hinting at a connection between someone who may have once worked at the VAFA and known to 'Plugger' was regrettable.

Don't know 'Plugger' but I'm told he's had coaching ambitions for sometime, has put time into preparing himself for that next footy step and is a student of the game. Pretty sure he'll surround himself with plenty of experienced coaches too.

Who knows, maybe Hedge's former coach and one about whom he has spoken volumes might be interested in adding his experience.

Perhaps Brian, version 24, could don his hair hat and give us some insight into whether 'Plugger' is made of the right coaching stuff.

I am not Brian (I follow Collegians) however I have spoken with some staff at HQ and they are over the moon to have Plugger as the VAFA rep coach.

I was also curious to find out whether Mrs Lynch has ever been employed by HQ, which I was told was not the case.

I am just hoping Plugger can get our best 22 players on the park in the representative game and that we can win!

Isn’t he also coaching at Essendon VFL?

Also, I don’t know if his missus ever worked at the VAFA, maybe you’re thinking at Matt Handley’s wife?
I sincerely apologies to Mrs and Mr. Plugger re working for the VAFA.

Should be better informed.

Max "14 day suspension" Leader

Still doesn’t answer why an untried coach can get the gig.

Max “retired not sacked” Leader

I think it's a good appointment. Coaching a rep team is really about bringing together a group of opponents to play together on the day, as opposed to developing a long term team strategy that'll work over an 18 game season. Plugger would be good at that, a very popular people person and highly regarded amongst his playing peers. He'd also be learning plenty being amongst the VFL system I would have thought.

I sincerely apologies to Mrs and Mr. Plugger re working for the VAFA.

Should be better informed.

Max "14 day suspension" Leader
Geez Maxwell! Just as well you're not a mod. Applying that sort of posting stringency would probably mean only JJ would be left. Besides, a little controversy keeps OTP on his toes.

A "Come back Maxie" M

Geez Maxwell! Just as well you're not a mod. Applying that sort of posting stringency would probably mean only JJ would be left. Besides, a little controversy keeps OTP on his toes.

A "Come back Maxie" M
I know its only been 12 hours, but such an egregious error on my behalf regarding Mrs Plugger, warrants such action.

Max "watching from afar" Leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its only been 12 hours, but such an egregious error on my behalf regarding Mrs Plugger, warrants such action.

Max "watching from afar" Leader
I now see how grave your breach of all things good and proper has been and that you really have done little more than slap yourself over the wrist with a damp lettuce. Not to mention missing apologising to the real aggrieved person.

A “Max has stuffed any chance of an OI player getting a Vic Guernsey” M:p
I think it's a good appointment. Coaching a rep team is really about bringing together a group of opponents to play together on the day, as opposed to developing a long term team strategy that'll work over an 18 game season. Plugger would be good at that, a very popular people person and highly regarded amongst his playing peers. He'd also be learning plenty being amongst the VFL system I would have thought.
He'll be fine. He'll draw together plenty of good experienced support. Go Vics!

Think Max is feeling a tad disappointed that an impressive women's coaching record was overlooked. :D

Is it just me or was that state game like watching an intraclub? Was just a training drill
It wasn’t a proper state game. It was a charity fundraiser. Pure and simple. If they raised heaps of cash because people watched and donated at the ground or via the telecast then it achieved all it was designed to do.

Good move getting Harf to coach the Women's side after leading Carlton in the AFLW.
I put the appointment of an experienced coach in this instance down to Max being so convincing when commenting on the senior men's appointment. His influence in VAFA circles has to be seen to be believed.

I put the appointment of an experienced coach in this instance down to Max being so convincing when commenting on the senior men's appointment. His influence in VAFA circles has to be seen to be believed.
They will thank me one day.

Max "not holding my breath" Leader

Funny you haven't recognised the complete takeover by my supposed club of the VAFA rep program. The senior VAFA coach is a SKOB taking over from a SKOB, the B-D4 coach is a SKOB, and finally Harford, another SKOBFC man, taking the reigns of the women's team. Game, set and match?

Funny you haven't recognised the complete takeover by my supposed club of the VAFA rep program. The senior VAFA coach is a SKOB taking over from a SKOB, the B-D4 coach is a SKOB, and finally Harford, another SKOBFC man, taking the reigns of the women's team. Game, set and match?
Maybe he could have Jon Edgar alongside .

Well Briza, I guess it's of considerable comfort to you having something positive to comment on relating to your alma mater. Heaven knows it can do with it.

Anyone finding it hard to foresee this season being completed?

Really would take 1 player to be found with C-19 and it would basically shut the season down.
So if any player happens to get the flu this winter, we call the whole thing off so we? Gastro? A bit of a raspy throat?

COVID-19 takes twice as long to pass in but it is easier to transmit and there’s no vaccine so if you get it, you get it. In men aged 18-35 it’s far from lethal, more like a normal flu. Currently there’s 4.5 confirmed cases per every million Australians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back