VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Does Armistead still have a job . What does he actually do apart from gelling his hair for the look at me . That’s another wasted job in the Ammo ‘s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty piss poor to have a crack at an individual's employment status on a public form I would have thought. Show a bit of respect and care for everyone out there. Enough people are losing their jobs without starting to name individuals.

Pretty piss poor to have a crack at an individual's employment status on a public form I would have thought. Show a bit of respect and care for everyone out there. Enough people are losing their jobs without starting to name individuals.

Agreed with naming issue but Media not needed + umpire coordinator not needed at all seeing no games. Hardly see a reason for a receptionist 2 days a week when the roster is up and going. Footy operations should be closed down as nothing doing! Events coordinators are not required as well. Clubs are paying for no result.

THE EYE

:think:

I think the VAFA is doing a pretty good job in all honesty when it comes to media content.
interesting cricket season with Game Face doing live games an interviews , it was fantastic. they do the Mornington footy league as well and nothing but good reports. Might be something for our great comp to look at.
Also looks like the end of an era with the Murdoch local papers closed down . Sad for great people in the local media like Paul Amy who is one of the best supporters of local sport anywhere.

Does Armistead still have a job . What does he actually do apart from gelling his hair for the look at me . That’s another wasted job in the Ammo ‘s
Pretty bad call here. It’s a tough gig to cover the whole comp, working 6 or 7 days per week on what would be a relatively low salary. Does it with enthusiasm, constantly reaches out to clubs for content, organises and edits a podcast, vafa tv, general content, website, all the social media accounts, website, eDM marketing, the list goes on. He also knows more about every club and their players than anyone else at HQ. I guarantee you, if the vafa media stopped, you’d be relying on muppets like us to provide information through bigfooty. And none of us want that! 😂

Pretty bad call here. It’s a tough gig to cover the whole comp, working 6 or 7 days per week on what would be a relatively low salary. Does it with enthusiasm, constantly reaches out to clubs for content, organises and edits a podcast, vafa tv, general content, website, all the social media accounts, website, eDM marketing, the list goes on. He also knows more about every club and their players than anyone else at HQ. I guarantee you, if the vafa media stopped, you’d be relying on muppets like us to provide information through bigfooty. And none of us want that! 😂
How true , but we have Hair Hat , Brian etc to keep us entertained and up to date.

I believe the Vic Medical Officer (or possibly the national officer) stated that there is every chance we will be social distancing for another year.. Thats even if Covid-19 decreases to close to 0 new cases, unless a vaccine is found. if that is the case and we do continue to social distance, does this mean that local football league would continue to not operate? Same with many other contact sports?

I believe the Vic Medical Officer (or possibly the national officer) stated that there is every chance we will be social distancing for another year.. Thats even if Covid-19 decreases to close to 0 new cases, unless a vaccine is found. if that is the case and we do continue to social distance, does this mean that local football league would continue to not operate? Same with many other contact sports?

That's exactly what it would mean if that is what the Medical Officer recommends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop panicking , just wait for a month.
In the last 24 hours there was 108 new cases Australia wide.

The majority of deaths have come from the Ruby Princess.

The NT have had only 27 cases. So will they shut down for 12 months, I don’t think so.

More people have still died from the flu or suicide or cancer.

Needs to be put in perspective. Lots of fear mongering.

Max “father of a daughter who is working in Carona Virus ward at Box Hill, and is not busy, thank God” Leader

In the last 24 hours there was 108 new cases Australia wide.

The majority of deaths have come from the Ruby Princess.

The NT have had only 27 cases. So will they shut down for 12 months, I don’t think so.

More people have still died from the flu or suicide or cancer.

Needs to be put in perspective. Lots of fear mongering.

Max “father of a daughter who is working in Carona Virus ward at Box Hill, and is not busy, thank God” Leader

I think our perspective will be watching the USA in the next 2-3 weeks. After this horror show I think you may feel a little more comfortable about our approach. I don’t think there will be any VAFA this year and I think this is a good thing.

That won’t happen as there will be no football or cricket played in 2020 in Victoria .
Local football will start in late March/April 2021 cricket October 2021
It’s all just guesswork and no one here can say with any authority what may or may not happen. Even the experts have differing views about what we should and should not do and for how long.

This may be completely misguided but there is some genuine optimism emerging at NRL and AFL HQ’s about a June start for both codes. Personally I doubt it but who knows, it may just happen.

It’s all just guesswork and no one here can say with any authority what may or may not happen. Even the experts have differing views about what we should and should not do and for how long.

This may be completely misguided but there is some genuine optimism emerging at NRL and AFL HQ’s about a June start for both codes. Personally I doubt it but who knows, it may just happen.
Really JJ? I thought the credible commentary on what our behaviour should be has been consistent globally.

I doubt there will be much football at AFL level either. Frankly, if some of the hair brained schemes being put out there have any credence I'd prefer we roll it up until next year. Either a credible fixture or none at all.

Really JJ? I thought the credible commentary on what our behaviour should be has been consistent globally.

I doubt there will be much football at AFL level either. Frankly, if some of the hair brained schemes being put out there have any credence I'd prefer we roll it up until next year. Either a credible fixture or none at all.
As I said the next 2 or3 weeks will tell us a lot. Just needs dickheads getting too close going to the beach etc and we might be okay

Based on announcements and trend from Vic Premier and Chief Health Officer, I suspect we will remain at stage 3 for April, move to stage 4 for May, if no new cases by end of May, back to stage 3 for June, stage 2 in July, meaning IF we were back to stage 1 by August the AFL could start (probably with no crowds), and we’d be back to normal behaviour by September.

So crowds attending AFL games would be possible in September - December but local footy would be shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back