VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

The privileged few, you mean those kids whose rich parents put them through the most expensive private schools just so they could go to Uni, study an arts degree and spend their life protesting about whatever the latest crusade of the loony left is?

Anyway latest figures from their hero says it’s the younger generation that is spreading the disease like wildfire. Why? Because they don’t give a sh*t and think it’s not going to kill me. They don’t care they may spread it to the older generation and kill them off because they’ve been taught to hate boomers!

Ok boomer

Is there such a thing? Most parents I know are hard working duel income families who sacrifice a heap to give their kids the best education possible.

Well yes there is, I know most are actually like that, a fact the left would hate to admit, they think every private school is elite and only for the rich.

I was a kid put through private school by parents who struggled to make ends meet.

But yes there are definitely plenty in certain schools especially that are very, very well off and probably send their kids there for the status as much as anything.

The privileged few, you mean those kids whose rich parents put them through the most expensive private schools just so they could go to Uni, study an arts degree and spend their life protesting about whatever the latest crusade of the loony left is?

Anyway latest figures from their hero says it’s the younger generation that is spreading the disease like wildfire. Why? Because they don’t give a sh*t and think it’s not going to kill me. They don’t care they may spread it to the older generation and kill them off because they’ve been taught to hate boomers!
Yeah, because protesting and bringing awareness to issues like race relations (maybe read a paper with less pictures, champion), climate change and marriage equality is so bloody awful!

Oh no, the terrifying LOoNy LeFt!!!!! ‘Bloody kids these days don’t care about anything!!! Except when they’re brainwashed... and even though that makes no sense, Bill at the pub thinks I’ve got a point about Lazy latte sipping (lol) Leftists and he said Floyd is a criminal, so yeaaaah.’

Hope Trump goes well for you in November and your mind keeps getting narrower with each day until you’re back playing 2D life like the good ol’ days.

Yeah, because protesting and bringing awareness to issues like race relations (maybe read a paper with less pictures, champion), climate change and marriage equality is so bloody awful!

Oh no, the terrifying LOoNy LeFt!!!!! ‘Bloody kids these days don’t care about anything!!! Except when they’re brainwashed... and even though that makes no sense, Bill at the pub thinks I’ve got a point about Lazy latte sipping (lol) Leftists and he said Floyd is a criminal, so yeaaaah.’

Hope Trump goes well for you in November and your mind keeps getting narrower with each day until you’re back playing 2D life like the good ol’ days.

Lol, hit a nerve? I couldn’t give a s**t about Trump or US politics. Unlike the left who whinge constantly about Australia’s reliance on America yet are completely obsessed about them, most people don’t.

The fact is the Kids don’t care and most of the time they don’t even know what they are protesting about, just some one saw the latest issue which had nothing to do with Australia and decided to jump on it with some stats which were completely false and out of context. I’m sure most people protesting thought the 430 was the number of people killed in custody by nasty, racist cops...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can forget cricket at this point in time as well Max

Not gonna throw the baby out with the bath water and say cricket is no chance because football didn't happen. But yes things will be very different when it does return if the ICC guidelines are anything to go by. Saliva on the ball will still be problematic, they also want regular hand sanitising and not touching your face at all when touching the ball.
Umpiring will be as much about policing that rather than making the match decisions. Lots of little things that most of us didn't even get to considering with VAFA and how a footy game would have gone down in 2020 safely.

No social distancing problems in cricket nor any need for crowds or change rooms.

First part untrue, secondly some crowds like watching cricket and would be similar levels to VAFA crowds, and in terms of change rooms well cricketers like to get changed in privacy as well.

First part untrue, secondly some crowds like watching cricket and would be similar levels to VAFA crowds, and in terms of change rooms well cricketers like to get changed in privacy as well.

lol, state cricket gets less people watching than VAFA games.

The only time there is less than 1.5m between people on the cricket field is because some dumb fast bowler thinks he’s going to get nicks and has a slip cordon!

Sure it would be ideal, but 95% of cricket games played every Saturday are at grounds with no change rooms.

Sure it would be ideal, but 95% of cricket games played every Saturday are at grounds with no change rooms.
Hate to burst your bubble but that is simply false. I play the lowest grade at my club, and the fourth lowest grade in my league and there were only 2 grounds we played last year that didn't have change rooms, and one of them was due to the fact they were being renovated at the time.

Think it is more the difference between games. I have played cricket both on grounds with and without sheds, but with rooms there’s usually only the 11 in there at any one time (and not often) in contrast to footy rooms where there’s the 22, plus injured players, ones and twos players (depending which game it is), support staff and supporters. And often packed in like sardines!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a current example of how things can get out of hand:

news 17 minutes ago said:
Bulgarian team Cherno More face a team selection nightmare for a match today, with 16 players and staff suffering from Covid-19 after they were infected by an opposition player who received a false test result from a laboratory.
Unsuspecting former Bulgaria youth international Martin Kavdanski thought he had tested negative for COVID-19 when he was given the all-clear to represent Tsarskoe Selo on Thursday.
He played 90 minutes as his side lost 4-1 at home to Cherno More in the First Professional Football League. But, disastrously for Cherno, their victory has now left them struggling to field a side for their Europa League play-off at home to Arda this afternoon, where they will be without 16 players and staff members after it emerged that Kavdanski's test was a false negative.
Three other players from Selo were also confirmed as positive by new tests carried out after the match.

So despite all the precautions of the Covid Safety Officer, this happens. Let us pause, gather breath, and reflect on the possibility of this occurring here.

At this rate of infection, I'm surprised we're able to play golf and go fishing.. Not sure how long that will last though!

Given we are having a year off off football. .....

What's our thoughts on players motivation levels for 2021 - do you think it will:

A) - Increase the numbers of local footballers, or take up playing footy again, given the year off sport?

OR

B) - Decrease the number of players as many will lose the motivation to play or simply have different priorities?

I'm going to stay optimistic and vote for A

At this rate of infection, I'm surprised we're able to play golf and go fishing.. Not sure how long that will last though!

What's our thoughts on players motivation levels for 2021 - do you think it will:

A) - Increase the numbers of local footballers, or take up playing footy again, given the year off sport?

OR

B) - Decrease the number of players as many will lose the motivation to play or simply have different priorities?

I think it will be a mix.

OR

Definitely B

All footy now will be cancelled across Melbourne including juniors. Councils now should repair all grounds getting ready for the cricket season.

Max "ALM" Leader

Agreed.

I can see a bunch of turf cricket curators rather pleased right now. And for those with synthetic pitches, they could get ready very easily to up by October 1 comfortably.

lol, state cricket gets less people watching than VAFA games.

The only time there is less than 1.5m between people on the cricket field is because some dumb fast bowler thinks he’s going to get nicks and has a slip cordon!

Some truth to this but also some falsehood.

Even in ther one day grade I play in, only 2 teams out of the 8 or 10 don't have functional rooms of either a social nature, a change nature or both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back