VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Interesting looking at clubs social media feeds. Can definite say UHS is staying in Prem C because they want to. Preston gone....................
Some others are not clear at this stage?

This is the whole problem that was identified with the VAFAs policy, there are clubs out there who should go down and probably would have, but would never choose to go down.

If the VAFA made the call In consultation with clubs you’d get a very different result. But the second they said only clubs who want to be relegated will be, you’d have to be in a very bad state to make that decision.

Not surprising re Old Camberwell didn't play Kew or Whitefriars and some close results with teams in the bottom end of the ladder. one could say their ladder position was somewhat inflated.

Pretty soft for the top side to choose to stay down, obviously more interested in chasing easy wins than testing themselves.

But given the sheer arrogance of their players it’s no surprise they aren’t willing to do the tough yards in C again.

Wow wee ......... he has that committee by the you know what's! :cool:

Funnily enough, weren't there people on this thread defending the club stating "how would committee members know of such a 'raining' event?? etc etc
Goes to show just how orchestrated that training session was.
I wish the VAFA addressed this as they should

Pretty soft for the top side to choose to stay down, obviously more interested in chasing easy wins than testing themselves.

But given the sheer arrogance of their players it’s no surprise they aren’t willing to do the tough yards in C again.
Arrogance of the players ! a few others as well.

Arrogance?? They didn't play either of the other top sides, so firstly probably didn't deserve to finish on top. The cowardly actions of the VAFA placing this back on the clubs to choose as well is a joke in itself, Old Camberwell believe if they want to go back up to Prem C, then they should earn it via a real season, not a half season.

Quick side note, Preston have not requested to go down therefore there will be no promotion or relegation between Prem C and Div 1. Whitefriars also declined to go up. I bet Ian Aitken was certainly applying to go up but thats unfortunate that he will have to battle it out in Div 1 for the foreseeable future.

Have been told that Hawthorn Ammo's are to remain in D3 which means both Powerhouse and Bulleen-Temp have chosen to remain in D2.
You would think a team that forfeited their reserves 5 or 6 times during the year probably shouldn't stay in that grade.

Have been told that Hawthorn Ammo's are to remain in D3 which means both Powerhouse and Bulleen-Temp have chosen to remain in D2.
You would think a team that forfeited their reserves 5 or 6 times during the year probably shouldn't stay in that grade.

VAFA Admin didn't want to make the hard call so clubs are doing what they want. No issues.

VAFA Admin didn't want to make the hard call so clubs are doing what they want. No issues.

Speaking of the VAFA admin clubs had to advise by close of business exactly a week ago re promo - relegation. How hard would it be to announce the structure of PREM A/B/C now? Talk about slow! Would imagine that Div 1 could be announced as well. Big on feedback to be given up no uptake on it. The $$$ at work or not really working for the clubs!

That surprises me, having gone down season before you'd think they would be keen as mustard to go back up.
Surely one of those sides should and deserve to go down based on results.

Are there any other D3 sides making a claim to go up? Parkside and Richmond would hold their own in D2 and are young sides

That surprises me, having gone down season before you'd think they would be keen as mustard to go back up.
Surely one of those sides should and deserve to go down based on results.

Are there any other D3 sides making a claim to go up? Parkside and Richmond would hold their own in D2 and are young sides
Unlike Hawthorn to baulk at a challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to EddietheEagle :

Also Bye placement for the women's comp could be important. Every team will be hoping to avoid "double byes" in rounds 9/10 and 12/13 just so you don't miss two weeks of footy.

Both Uni High and Preston are submitting applications to be relegated from Premier C and will be replaced by Camberwell and Whitefriars who will both submit applications to be promoted. Disappointing for Kew whose loss to Whitefriars in their last match of the season saw them relegated to 3rd on the ladder and will have to be content with Division 1 football again next season. Perhaps some extra training sessions and a tougher pre season will see them good enough to be promoted in 2023.

0/4 to the whisper. I can say with more than a whisper that this cat doesn't belong to any of the 4 clubs he so accurately quoted? Whistle blowing career is over before it starts.

Arrogance?? They didn't play either of the other top sides, so firstly probably didn't deserve to finish on top. The cowardly actions of the VAFA placing this back on the clubs to choose as well is a joke in itself, Old Camberwell believe if they want to go back up to Prem C, then they should earn it via a real season, not a half season.

Quick side note, Preston have not requested to go down therefore there will be no promotion or relegation between Prem C and Div 1. Whitefriars also declined to go up. I bet Ian Aitken was certainly applying to go up but thats unfortunate that he will have to battle it out in Div 1 for the foreseeable future.

Piss weak by the VAFA, 0 wins and a shocking % and the team stays up.

Btw you’re wrong about Whitefriars, they were more than willing to test themselves against better opposition in 2022.

Any mail on the VAFA constitution meeting tonight?

Not voted on - VAFA decided to go away and for the first time do some club consulting rather than trying to roll over the clubs with a constitution that was VAFA Admin & Board driven.
Any mail on the VAFA constitution meeting tonight?

Meeting mail is that the ship was abandoned and everyone jumped overboard! No vote.

Just dropping by - I’m an NFNL man, but in our area noticed Preston ammos appointed a coach that according to their own press release has only ever coached their own 19s. I know they got relegated from Premier C which is decent footy so surely they could get a better credentialed coach than that.

Just dropping by - I’m an NFNL man, but in our area noticed Preston ammos appointed a coach that according to their own press release has only ever coached their own 19s. I know they got relegated from Premier C which is decent footy so surely they could get a better credentialed coach than that.
Why's that? Senior coaches start somewhere Plenty come from junior coaching, some from reserves coaching and some straight from playing. I read the press release as well and whilst he hasn't coached a senior side, has been a senior assistant and has a long history of coaching. They obviously feel they have the right man. Good luck to him.

Why's that? Senior coaches start somewhere Plenty come from junior coaching, some from reserves coaching and some straight from playing. I read the press release as well and whilst he hasn't coached a senior side, has been a senior assistant and has a long history of coaching. They obviously feel they have the right man. Good luck to him.

I'm with the angel here. Just like a gun player who would have made their way through the ranks juniors to seniors. Nothing strange about this at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back