VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Mounzer11

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Just dropping by - I’m an NFNL man, but in our area noticed Preston ammos appointed a coach that according to their own press release has only ever coached their own 19s. I know they got relegated from Premier C which is decent footy so surely they could get a better credentialed coach than that.

In case you missed it, St Kevins just appointed someone who has never coached before.
Its Premier C, not the AFL....

Mappa

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
Just dropping by - I’m an NFNL man, but in our area noticed Preston ammos appointed a coach that according to their own press release has only ever coached their own 19s. I know they got relegated from Premier C which is decent footy so surely they could get a better credentialed coach than that.
I don't know the new coach, but i think appointing someone associated with the juniors, and / or the Under 19s is a great idea. Up our way, it's tough to recruit big names in the Ammos, so developing the juniors is a good strategy, and if he's got a good relationship with the Unders, then they'll be inclined to stick around and grow with the club.

There's a lot of "ifs" in there, but on the face of it, it seems like the right appointment.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I don't know the new coach, but i think appointing someone associated with the juniors, and / or the Under 19s is a great idea. Up our way, it's tough to recruit big names in the Ammos, so developing the juniors is a good strategy, and if he's got a good relationship with the Unders, then they'll be inclined to stick around and grow with the club.

There's a lot of "ifs" in there, but on the face of it, it seems like the right appointment.
Totally agrees

CARLTON2011

Team Captain
Feb 20, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

Don't under estimate George and his passion. Spent several years at the Panthers with George, he will give it his all and has been around footy constantly for many years.
Have to start your Senior Coaching career somewhere.

vafaeye

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2009
Melbourne
It is great that the VAFA Board left promotion and relegation in the hands of the clubs and the clubs alone. Excellent policy decision.

The All Seeing Eye
is blind to this
BUT
Smells a rat when coupled with your first post.

This can only be about Glen Eira/Brunswick or Monash Blues/Parkdale or another late up and down
Come on 007
Open up
:think:

zeroseven

Team Captain
Aug 12, 2007
city
AFL Club
Collingwood
The All Seeing Eye
is blind to this
BUT
Smells a rat when coupled with your first post.

This can only be about Glen Eira/Brunswick or Monash Blues/Parkdale or another late up and down
Come on 007
Open up
:think:

Lots of news > one enticing snippet from the corridors of zoom zone No > Board news is what I'm hinting at. Divisions within could be responsible for the one who jumped overboard yesterday and not returning. Gee how to lead you ducks to the water. Is it a coincidence that straight after the botched Constitution debacle long tall standing VAFA bored member says I'm out. Perhaps the Maestro should have portalised the bon voyage officially before BF delivers the info. Cryptic clue excellent credentials. Room for one more come December.

May 2, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
A hearty congratulations and thankyou to GE President Ivan Delac for his 9 years in the job. Ivan is retiring which is sad for our club and football in general. His drive and foresight has made GE emerge as a well run prosperous club both on and off the field. Thanks to his efforts GE ended up the top VAFA club in 2021 result wise. Enjoy your retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
A hearty congratulations and thankyou to GE President Ivan Delac for his 9 years in the job. Ivan is retiring which is sad for our club and football in general. His drive and foresight has made GE emerge as a well run prosperous club both on and off the field. Thanks to his efforts GE ended up the top VAFA club in 2021 result wise. Enjoy your retirement.
Amazing job he's done , will be hard to replace .

les argen

All Australian
Apr 27, 2008
north melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
4 words on this
Mark Williams and AJAX

Jul 3, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Big congratulations to the Moose. An outstanding leader of a club on the rise. He’ll be a hard man to replace. I’d love to see him on the VAFA board one day.

hopefully it’s George Voyage that is standing down. He has added absolutely nothing as President.

Mounzer11

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I've had a fair crack at Glen Eira over the years , but at least they are the only club to have a crack and get promoted . Monash weak as piss !

Not true. Every grade had teams wanting to be promoted. Glen Eira got their wish.

I cannot fathom why a team who dominated the grade would not want to be promoted. Why play in the first place - just become a ClubXVIII club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back