VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

I believe all the clubs are getting together with the powers to be ,they believe one club should not affect another 19 . I've been corrected that the sfl didn't knock them back
I understand that Parkdale did not get to the point of formally requesting a transfer to the SFL so they were not ‘knocked back’ as such. My mail is that there were some within the club who were very keen on exploring the move but went a bit cold when it became apparent that some neighbouring SLF clubs indicated they would fight the move. While they may have eventually got the transfer over the line the preference was to re-build rather than put their energies into submissions, appeals etc.

I’m sure there are others here who know more about Parkdale and the SFL who could provide a more accurate account but this was relayed to me by a person who knows more about the club then I do.

What I do know is that Monash, OI, OGs, Ormond, Mazenod and maybe one or two others would give a better account of themselves in B grade then Parkdale are capable of right at the moment.

I understand that Parkdale did not get to the point of formally requesting a transfer to the SFL so they were not ‘knocked back’ as such. My mail is that there were some within the club who were very keen on exploring the move but went a bit cold when it became apparent that some neighbouring SLF clubs indicated they would fight the move. While they may have eventually got the transfer over the line the preference was to re-build rather than put their energies into submissions, appeals etc.

I’m sure there are others here who know more about Parkdale and the SFL who could provide a more accurate account but this was relayed to me by a person who knows more about the club then I do.

What I do know is that Monash, OI, OGs, Ormond, Mazenod and maybe one or two others would give a better account of themselves in B grade then Parkdale are capable of right at the moment.
Bad luck for them just stay in B

Is that Jon Anderson , he's involved with Old Geelong .
Forcing Parkdale to spend another 12 months in B grade would have been a terrible outcome after a season of floggings and reserves grade forfeits. May as well close the doors at Gerry Green if this was to happen. So what is the meeting going to achieve other than chest beating and finger pointing?

Forcing Parkdale to spend another 12 months in B grade would have been a terrible outcome after a season of floggings and reserves grade forfeits. May as well close the doors at Gerry Green if this was to happen. So what is the meeting going to achieve other than chest beating and finger pointing?

Perhaps the vafa admin might fess up and state the truth about the misinformation distributed to B/C Clubs.

Any news on the Kew coach who had illegal coaching sessions ?

Heard nothing.
Kew, VAFA and Footy Vic should have read him riot act by now. Don't hold your breath on any of these.
Serious question.
Has there ever been a more incompetent bunch of people running the VAFA at both CEO and board level in the last 50 years?
Why hasn’t Mr Connell been sacked? Why hasn’t there been a clean out at board level? How is Mr Voyage still the faceless president? There are some seriously talented people in VAFA clubland who I am sure could do a better job with two hands tied behind their backs, why are we not tapping into them?

Serious question.
Has there ever been a more incompetent bunch of people running the VAFA at both CEO and board level in the last 50 years?
Why hasn’t Mr Connell been sacked? Why hasn’t there been a clean out at board level? How is Mr Voyage still the faceless president? There are some seriously talented people in VAFA clubland who I am sure could do a better job with two hands tied behind their backs, why are we not tapping into them?
Bit rough don't you think? You should put your hand up if you feel so strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck trying to work out the fixtures for the 2022 VAFA season, especially in Premier B and C.

Also would the VAFA look at starting the season earlier than the traditional April start, ie in mid-late March so that the VAFA can try and get through many games if possible in the event of a lockdown in the June-August period.

Good luck trying to work out the fixtures for the 2022 VAFA season, especially in Premier B and C.

Also would the VAFA look at starting the season earlier than the traditional April start, ie in mid-late March so that the VAFA can try and get through many games if possible in the event of a lockdown in the June-August period.
Cricket likely to prevent starting any earlier. Scheduling 'catch up' rounds rather than byes would be worthwhile.

Will Trevor Barker be available then ?

The obvious was the team that lost only 1 game by 3 points and had the ruckman won the medal by about 12
you mean the team that only won 4 game the last time in B grade and had a % of 65. And only won 4 games the year before that, only to avoid relegation because 2 teams could only win 3 games? And haven't had a full season in C grade since being relegated.... The pile on from this forum is embarrassing - I am not from Monash or Parkdale but surely the players and clubs are entitled to have a crack at being competitive.

Play on. Glasses half full

I'd say the season will start on the first weekend in April, 2 rounds will be played, then a week off for Easter, then back into it on the 23rd of April, which will be a long weekend as ANZAC Day is on a Monday in 2022.

Why should a club have to go up when they reckon they’re not ready . Monash
have a very good team and no doubt they would have been better placed to go up .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree Gun. Everyone in the comp had the guidelines given to them with what the process is during these extraordinary times and even if you did not agree with it, it was pretty clear in terms of a process. Simply, if no one wants to go up, then no one comes down and vice versa. This in NOT Monash's issue and they have every right to follow the process given to them and make a call on that for their club. No issue there. I feel for Parkdale in this situation as it will have a significant impact on their club - no doubt. That said, it cant have the suggested impact on all the other clubs, across two divisions, just to facilitate an outcome that would support Parkdales current challenges.

Chump.

Why should a club have to go up when they reckon they’re not ready . Monash
have a very good team and no doubt they would have been better placed to go up .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hang on, so in season 2022 what will Monash be playing for?? As everyone has stated on here, they are clearly not ready to go to B so why bother trying to make finals.
This makes no sense at all. They will never be ready.

Hang on, so in season 2022 what will Monash be playing for?? As everyone has stated on here, they are clearly not ready to go to B so why bother trying to make finals.
This makes no sense at all. They will never be ready.
5B3F8BB0-06B0-42EF-B049-EFCD6D6C9C47.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back