A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Penski has suggested it's going to be intriguing to watch how the boys down Glen Iris way manipulate work the points system.

rGn2ZDn.jpg

I've posted his twitter address here many times Bedders old mate. My guess is you've bookmarked it as any astute BF poster would.

That said, if - hand on heart - you tell me you got it from a former Wesleyan with Monder associations then well done. Elephant stamp to you.:)

Favourite saying of someone I know.

As Penski has suggested it's going to be intriguing to watch how the boys down Glen Iris way manipulate work the points system.

rGn2ZDn.jpg

Wow!

Maplebet:

SKOB - $1.04
Wesley - $17.00
Trinity and Xavier - $26.00
Rest - Right your own ticket

Will be an incredible Cinderella / Underdog story of how some battling footballers with limited talent rose on their biggest stage.

Wow!

Maplebet:

SKOB - $1.04
Wesley - $17.00
Trinity and Xavier - $26.00
Rest - Right your own ticket

Will be an incredible Cinderella / Underdog story of how some battling footballers with limited talent rose on their biggest stage.

Yes it will be a Cinderella story if after 70 years , the vast majority in D and below, SKOB won.

The current state of their list doesn't diminish the story just like the CUBS having a good squad took anything away from their win.

I have, however, tipped them for relegation as Wesley's "homegrown" recruits will buy in ( ask Hedge!) and therefore see them in the GF against xavs.

Yes it will be a Cinderella story if after 70 years , the vast majority in D and below, SKOB won.

The current state of their list doesn't diminish the story just like the CUBS having a good squad took anything away from their win.

I have, however, tipped them for relegation as Wesley's "homegrown" recruits will buy in ( ask Hedge!) and therefore see them in the GF against xavs.

No it's the opposite of a Cinderella Story. It's the Dreamteam USA Story.
But still great for SKOB fans.
I'm not against their recruiting.
I'm in awe of their list. Best list I have ever seen in A Grade and by a mammoth margin.
Michael Blood would have struggled to get a game in his prime with this list.

FWIW Big chopper handleys mrs. not happy with the Skob recruiting of Mitch Brown either on Facebook. Classy Stuff!
Privateye may have already seen it.....

Everybody is embarrassed with her.
Absolute disgrace on the sidelines.
I have had many words with many people re her. And I love Chopper. But as this is an anonymous site and nobody but a very few know me...I'm happy to say she is amongst the worst and foulest supporters in the vafa.

I have had many words with many people re her. And I love Chopper. But as this is an anonymous site and nobody but a very few know me...I'm happy to say she is amongst the worst and foulest supporters in the vafa.
Oxymoron?;)

Oxymoron?;)

Yes. I re read it and thought...should I change that as it is incorrect. But then thought ...na...unlikely to be pulled up on it.
Doh..
But you got my drift. She is cringeable. I told her to shut her cake hole as she is embarrassing us all once this year as she was dropping bombs on opposition supporters for such little reason. It was basic banter before she let loose...and received a response that was quite incredible.
Anyway..she ain't worth air time.

To make matters worse she is (or was) a paid employee of the VAFA. Fortunately for her Xavs folk are generally untouchable.

Yes. I re read it and thought...should I change that as it is incorrect. But then thought ...na...unlikely to be pulled up on it.
Doh..
But you got my drift. She is cringeable. I told her to shut her cake hole as she is embarrassing us all once this year as she was dropping bombs on opposition supporters for such little reason. It was basic banter before she let loose...and received a response that was quite incredible.
Anyway..she ain't worth air time.
There was no mistaking your point and you were probably right to think it would pass through to the keeper unnoticed. It's just that I'm particularly perceptive, insightful and sagacious. Oh, and extremely modest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I note that everyone is accepting of Viv Michie playing ammos vs. Brown. If you can tell me that Michie is playing ammo footy for nothing in return at his age I'll be very surprised. Both clubs have used their network BUT both players wouldn't be there if they didn't....

FWIW I note that everyone is accepting of Viv Michie playing ammos vs. Brown. If you can tell me that Michie is playing ammo footy for nothing in return at his age I'll be very surprised. Both clubs have used their network BUT both players wouldn't be there if they didn't....

....receive cash on the side???
Is that what you mean?
How much cash? 2k a game?
What amount would then not make you surprised?

There was no mistaking your point and you were probably right to think it would pass through to the keeper unnoticed. It's just that I'm particularly perceptive, insightful and sagacious. Oh, and extremely modest.

Ah...modesty...
I have often wished I had the time to cultivate modesty...but I am too busy thinking about myself.

FWIW no cash just employment
To be perfectly candid none of us here would have a clue about the circumstances surrounding the recruitment of any player. It's not an accusation of deals outside whatever is the current version of amateurism. It's no more than these matters are confidential and of necessity purely on a need to know basis.

To be perfectly candid none of us here would have a clue about the circumstances surrounding the recruitment of any player. It's not an accusation of deals outside whatever is the current version of amateurism. It's no more than these matters are confidential and of necessity purely on a need to know basis.

Excellent post AM

It was an admirable post....but...trying to be as modest as posssible.... I have been involved in many recruitment deals.
But yes to all outside the deal it is confidential. And will always remain so.

Choppers Mrs is a well known campaigner, she's started many a Blue between poor old Chopper and his lifelong friends, but she is from
Frankston so not surprising.

Funnily enough, OX went hard at Brown
and Schulz(after SKOB announced he had signed), as they did Michael Jamieson, all chose other clubs.

Great for all other VAFA clubs, and Handleys Mrs comments have been noted well and truly.

Last edited:
Any truth in the rumour that OX have so much cash they have secured a house adjacent to TP.

No. What would be the point of that even if cash levels were ludicrously high?
Like all Vafa clubs it's raffles, meat trays, silent auctions, lunches, loud auctions, subs, can rattling, bar sales, memberships, sponsorships...and even then you make a small loss. Small because Prez and co and commitee and friends make it so.
An expensive love...but always for the love of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back