A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's rediculous.
I think the VAFA should look at having the GF for A grade at Optus Oval or even Etihad.
The Ground at Elsternwick is crap. One year the chnagerooms were flooded in the away team rooms.
I agree, but havent the past two years been at Optus? NB Elsternwick Park is finally going to get its upgrade i believe

Last edited:
That's rediculous.
I think the VAFA should look at having the GF for A grade at Optus Oval or even Etihad.
The Ground at Elsternwick is crap. One year the chnagerooms were flooded in the away team rooms.
Despite some spelling mistakes, this article from Fitzroy's own Richard Willingham, describes the upgrade http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/6...oost-for-womens-football-20160316-gnkko7.html

or in more detail
http://yoursaybayside.com.au/elster...rum_topics/deliberative-panel-recommendations
NB no mention of an upgrade to current pavillion that i can see, which would have to be a 'nobrainer'.
I'd also be curious what happens if OM's make a grand final, do they get to play at home?( only a small thing, i know, the upgrade is well overdue)

Last edited:

Yep. It was more the fact that Jas has asked for it to be at Optus for last few decades. A man ahead of his time.
Element of truth there.

Jase is a great HR man who in the time I've been on this board has never taken a cheap shot or typed a vindictive word. In many ways a model poster.

Credit to his club and to himself. More power to his arm.

Element of truth there.

Jase is a great HR man who in the time I've been on this board has never taken a cheap shot or typed a vindictive word. In many ways a model poster.

Credit to his club and to himself. More power to his arm.

Indeed. Some of my favourite posts have been from Jase.
A great Ammos man. For the Chazzle to compare myself to him was an honour.
Go Rovers!

If there's one thing I'd like to see in the VAFA, instead of playing these representative/state games virtually every season, have a 2-3 year gap between rep games. South Australia's win over the VAFA last year plus the fact that Vic Country's performance in recent seasons against the VAFA has shown you don't need to play rep football on a yearly basis.

And, also-scrap the Ireland tour. What would happen if ie a star player from a leading Premier club who is on the VAFA tour is playing against the All-Ireland team at Croke Park, Dublin, an Irish player tackle the VAFA player from behind on a greasy surface, the VAFA player does his ACL and out for 12 months?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And, also-scrap the Ireland tour. What would happen if ie a star player from a leading Premier club who is on the VAFA tour is playing against the All-Ireland team at Croke Park, Dublin, an Irish player tackle the VAFA player from behind on a greasy surface, the VAFA player does his ACL and out for 12 months?

One player would miss a season of amateur football.

Same thing could occur in an intra club held by said leading Premier club in March before the season proper.

Last edited:
Think you are being a little unkind towards Haileybury. Reckon they had a lot more than 6 old boys in that team - but it doesn't matter anyway. A club is a club and that is it. It is interesting that you bring up the "home grown" argument to somehow denigrate OH's flag, then on the other hand do not acknowledge the successful "external" recruiting exploits of SKOB. Both should be applauded - that is, if SKOB get close this year.

And OX have 13 of the past 22 flags.

Correct - Mason, Chisolm, Carson, Corrigan, Fankhauser, Jenke, Lang-Jones, Lay, McKenzie, McIntyre, McLaughlan, Mohammad, Seccull, O'Donnell.

Latest Maplebet Reports:
- Still money coming in for SKOB despite short odds. Best team on paper ever, and by some margin..means the $ flow just won't stop.
- A trickle for DLS in last week. A few nice recruits that are not being talked about and very much flying under the radar.
- Wesley now strong second favourite with even more recruits rolling up.
- Very little money for Trinity, Xavs or Blues
- STBM now $1.40 for spoon. Not one bet been taken for flag or even top 4.
Going to be a rip snorter!!

Latest Maplebet Reports:
- Still money coming in for SKOB despite short odds. Best team on paper ever, and by some margin..means the $ flow just won't stop.
- A trickle for DLS in last week. A few nice recruits that are not being talked about and very much flying under the radar.
- Wesley now strong second favourite with even more recruits rolling up.
- Very little money for Trinity, Xavs or Blues
- STBM now $1.40 for spoon. Not one bet been taken for flag or even top 4.
Going to be a rip snorter!!
In your own mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's one thing I'd like to see in the VAFA, instead of playing these representative/state games virtually every season, have a 2-3 year gap between rep games. South Australia's win over the VAFA last year plus the fact that Vic Country's performance in recent seasons against the VAFA has shown you don't need to play rep football on a yearly basis.

Onya Tiger

Keep punching Jas

Cheers

Cardio ' in awe or the great histor' Carl

I heard last night from a great Xavier man, who is also a great man, that last Fridays practice match against Collingwood VFL was, and I quote, "a farce".
Anyone attend?

I heard last night from a great Xavier man, who is also a great man, that last Fridays practice match against Collingwood VFL was, and I quote, "a farce".
Anyone attend?

Any other reports from practice games over the weekend? Brian, any details on how the SKOB boys went against their EFL opponent?

Very hot weekend for footy that's for sure.

Anyone attend?

You got nothing better to do on a Sunday night now that I'm a celebrity get me out of here is over Brian?

One could argue any practice match is a farce, like the entire JLT Cup. Aside from both sides enabling 25 odd players getting game time in their legs being the major benefit.

Sam Fisher's season over before it started, dislocated his shoulder in a water skiing misadventure, needs to have a full reconstruction.

Did they get Siposs across the line Brian? He could do some damage at this level. Kicks like a mule and with the breeze behind him could put them through from behind the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back