A Section VAFA Premier 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What impressed me the most was how the Tonners handled the conditions. Westbourne is a notoriously windy ground and yesterday was no exception. Their system handled the conditions much better than OMs who tried to do too much with the ball when they had it.
Not surprising at all. They train in the middle of Port Phillip Bay and I'd probably say that the Tonners do a wind dance the night before a game.

If you want to know the problem with Women's footy, all you have to do is check out the VAFA website.
The Men are stoic, arms folded, on a mission. The women, look like they are about to go out to a fancy dress party.
C'mon ladies pretend you care!

FWIW I noticed Mitch Banner has joined OMs that is a get and a half. Did he play?

Absolutely massive get. Was a very very good VFL player, key cog in the 2015 premiership, and would star at VAFA level if he is any sort of shape. Late 20s, at a guess, with 10 years elite level experience. Type of players you want. Network obviously working well.

Absolutely massive get. Was a very very good VFL player, key cog in the 2015 premiership, and would star at VAFA level if he is any sort of shape. Late 20s, at a guess, with 10 years elite level experience. Type of players you want. Network obviously working well.
You may want to temper expectations with Banner, he didn't star in the Ballarat fl, without an improved attitude/workrate I can't see him starring in a more highly regarded comp either.

I thought the AFL was the elite level ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A gun? Please. He is handy at best. Managed to get himself on a VFL list but doubt he will play much at that level. Unless you know otherwise Hipster he still has SBMT as his local club.

I think he’s a little more handy than just handy. Will be a given a go. I guess it’s just guess work now as to whether he can make it work. I’m thinking he can. Owen Lalor would have great mail.

Last edited:
I think he’s a little more handy than just handy. Will be a given a go. I guess it’s just guess work now as to whether he can make it work. I’m thinking he can. Owen Lalor would have great mail.

So has he left St Bedes or just been listed with a VFL club? If it’s the later then he has not left and it’s not actually a massive loss. Will play a lot more VAFA games than VFL.

A gun? Please. He is handy at best. Managed to get himself on a VFL list but doubt he will play much at that level. Unless you know otherwise Hipster he still has SBMT as his local club.

Plenty of so called "Guns" running around who haven't fired a shot......Jammar comes to mind.

You may want to temper expectations with Banner, he didn't star in the Ballarat fl, without an improved attitude/workrate I can't see him starring in a more highly regarded comp either.

Fair enough....hope he stinks it up in the VAFA too!!! I have no interest in seeing him starring obviously.

Uni Blues seemed to struggle against St. Bernards yesterday.

My mail suggests they were missing up to a dozen better players and used it as a nice hit out to run 28 players throughout the day and keep things moving forward towards round one. Got what they wanted from the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back