A Section VAFA Premier 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do rate Skobs highly, their position does not lie. I didnot say "5 good players" I said "top 5 players......a big difference.
Who do you rate as the top 5 players? The 5 from the state team? Or Brown, Jok, Strauss, Schulz, Lynch, Matheson maybe Sullivan?

10 premiership players from last year played on Saturday, 21 SKC boys in the team.

When will the little champion Ferguson be back? Pretty handy to slide into the team the second half of the season.

Uni Blues and OX will be saved by De La Salles inability to finish teams off.

Hippster Please watch the replay, the only time OX were within 16pts was the first q when SKOB were 16 points ahead. The replay doesn’t lie, no point debating it, just watch it.

Xavier would be hoping that Caulfield don’t come to A, their two best players are the Johnstone’s.

No need to. Late in the third, that was the score. And they were also very very wasteful going forward. But sometimes forward entries don’t count for much. Still nice and tight for a while.
I’m a little different to you when it comes to worrying about points and where players came from and what school they went to. I’m sure the Johnstones will play with their mates at Xavs next year regardless of whether Caulfield are in A Grade, C Grade or even suddenly promoted to the VFL to shake the world up a little. I don’t think you need to worry about them.

Prefer Bernards myself. The location of the snakepit makes me never consider going over there, but sometimes I almost think about heading down to Brindisi. Almost. Either way, I never see the supporters in their natural environment, so only ever experience them as visitors.

Seems to me that the amalgamaters bring more numbers to Toorak Park than Bernies. Which makes the former more objectionable.

I still wonder why we pronounce the school name and dog breed name differently.

If you did venture out there you would very quickly change your mind. The type of supporter inclined to engage in vitriolic and cowardly abuse of opposition players, spectators and umpires does not generally stray too far from the snake pit.

St Bedes supporters can be rowdy but generally found them to be ok. All clubs have them it’s just that some have more. Those found in West Essendon are next level. Shame as they are generally a good, well run club with plenty of great people involved.

Hippster Please watch the replay, the only time OX were within 16pts was the first q when SKOB were 16 points ahead. The replay doesn’t lie, no point debating it, just watch it.

Xavier would be hoping that Caulfield don’t come to A, their two best players are the Johnstone’s.

Just like Bloody nicked off when Skobs made their way to A.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you did venture out there you would very quickly change your mind. The type of supporter inclined to engage in vitriolic and cowardly abuse of opposition players, spectators and umpires does not generally stray too far from the snake pit.

St Bedes supporters can be rowdy but generally found them to be ok. All clubs have them it’s just that some have more. Those found in West Essendon are next level. Shame as they are generally a good, well run club with plenty of great people involved.

Have spent plenty of time out at the Pit. A long time ago.

Who do you rate as the top 5 players? The 5 from the state team? Or Brown, Jok, Strauss, Schulz, Lynch, Matheson maybe Sullivan?

10 premiership players from last year played on Saturday, 21 SKC boys in the team.

When will the little champion Ferguson be back? Pretty handy to slide into the team the second half of the season.

Uni Blues and OX will be saved by De La Salles inability to finish teams off.
DH23 the little master Lachlan Ferguson returned last weekend in the Magoo's....fair to say he needed the run!! Did not get near it! Pulled up fine though so i'd be predicting a couple more in the magoo's and then they'll let him loose in Round 13 against Old Xavs post the bye....
Loving the close tussle down the bottom of the table....the weird thing is anyone from 4th to 9th if they get on a roll could play finals and still make a Prelim arguably if Old Brighton do have all these players going away as we keep hearing....
The 2's ladder is intriguing as well with the only senior top 4 side having their 2's in the top 4 being Collegians and only just....surely this bodes well for Old Xavs and De La in particular in this tough period coming up where all these players disappear overseas....what a great competition it is this Premier Division...

Early Tips:
Wesley to strong for OM’s at the Wick.
Scotch to keep rolling along at home against Brighton in a mini upset.
SKOB just over Trinity at the Daley.
Xavs just in a thriller and STBM.
Blues just over De La.
Wouldn’t be shocked if I get 0/5. Tough tipping round.

Early Tips:
Wesley to strong for OM’s at the Wick.
Scotch to keep rolling along at home against Brighton in a mini upset.
SKOB just over Trinity at the Daley.
Xavs just in a thriller and STBM.
Blues just over De La.
Wouldn’t be shocked if I get 0/5. Tough tipping round.

Same for me except OS V OB. OB just that much stronger, although OS have improved from last years B GF.
Be under 10pts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Brighton – WTF? Seniors and reserves lose by a combined 316 points with score lines unheard of in Premier division. Obviously exposed by some unavailability but has a top 3 side ever had such an appalling lack of depth?

Scotch next 3 are very winnable and with no club taking the opportunity to consolidate 4th they are now a genuine chance to play finals.

Old Brighton – WTF? Seniors and reserves lose by a combined 316 points with score lines unheard of in Premier division. Obviously exposed by some unavailability but has a top 3 side ever had such an appalling lack of depth?

Scotch next 3 are very winnable and with no club taking the opportunity to consolidate 4th they are now a genuine chance to play finals.

Take 9 from the firsts and 13 from the seconds. That's 22 players that have to come from somewhere.

Take 9 from the firsts and 13 from the seconds. That's 22 players that have to come from somewhere.

There would be plenty of clubs in ‘A‘ grade with more than 22 missing from their ones and twos and would suggest most would have 5 – 10 first choice seniors not available.

I know they have players missing but you might think a club sitting 3rd who have been outstanding this year would have a bit more to give then the combined effort put up yesterday. Was not surprised they lost but was surprised by the margin.

Elsternwick Park’s new rooms were meant to be ready to go on Saturday. Turns out when they turned on the water during the week they found out the wrong pipes were laid. All has to be relaid, and old rooms still in use until it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back