A Section VAFA Premier 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Big Footy Big Call.....Old Carey to revisit round 2, 2018 and upset Bernards in round 2, 2019. Hosting St Bernard's in round 2, 2018, and underdogs, Carey had a big inclusion (G Dickson from Port Melbourne) who kicked 4 goals and dominated. With Carey prevailing. Roll forward one year and Carey has TWO big VFL INS for their round 2, 2019 clash, including G Dickson again. An upset brewing again 12 months on??

Pretty sure Guy was out injured with Port this week. Won’t be playing a VAFA game. So says my Port bud.

Dickson and Mackie late withdrawals Old Carey. St Bernards dominated first quarter then fairly even after then. St Bernards had better system going forward and better in the air. Old Carey struggled to score and turned it over a fair bit but also forced quite a few turnovers. Peart brilliant for St Bernards and both Caven's very good. Vague and Bentick very good. King very good for Old Carey, Evans did a good job on McNamara, Cust good, White good on debut.
My very blinkered takeaway two games in considering results so far. St Bernards will challenge finals in what may be a very even year. Old Carey need to find another avenue to goal but will be competitive and not far off the pace They can't afford to let sides jump them like St Bernards did in the first quarter where St Bernards dominated the centre and went forward with precision

Nice write up OC37.
Arghhcchhhhaaaghhh...that’s the noise of the giant awakening after a 104 week hiatus.
I’m not surprised. Collegians OB and OT will want to get their houses in order fairly quickly, not just to keep pace with the top but also not to fall behind De La and Old Carey. It was a great win to De La today

Genuine question for someone who just started following local footy - who votes on the bests each week? Is it the umpires or coaches?

Nice write up OC37.
Arghhcchhhhaaaghhh...that’s the noise of the giant awakening after a 104 week hiatus.
Hilarious Hipp. Let’s wait until round 9 to see if St B a genuine threat. I remain dubious. Q2 to Q4 looked a lot like two B grade teams. Not A grade footy.

Hilarious Hipp. Let’s wait until round 9 to see if St B a genuine threat. I remain dubious. Q2 to Q4 looked a lot like two B grade teams. Not A grade footy.

Was actually talking about Xavs. Won flag 2016. 2 years of snoozing.
However..I do like you for finals. Haven’t heard much about the game today other that what you an and OC said. Looks like you jumped them and then it was a bit of an average struggle?
Still always fun to play on the beautiful Carey Oval. Always pristine.
2-0 is a great start in what shapes as a pretty even year.

Was actually talking about Xavs. Won flag 2016. 2 years of snoozing.
However..I do like you for finals. Haven’t heard much about the game today other that what you an and OC said. Looks like you jumped them and then it was a bit of an average struggle?
Still always fun to play on the beautiful Carey Oval. Always pristine.
2-0 is a great start in what shapes as a pretty even year.
Sorry Hipp. Got My year wrong! Definitely a nice start. But we haven’t played any top 6 teams!

View attachment 653917

Slight fall from grace for Archangel17 after last week, I am speaking and Joe Pignataro are rewarded by consistency. Unfortunately Jimmyjack and flat footy are also rewarded by consistency, the consistency of rancid custard. Get your tips in people!
Early round 3 tips.....will be offline for a while.....

Xavs in a surprisingly tight contest against OT who will not be pleased with a 0-3 start
Blues to beat OMs in a tight contest - toss of a coin
Collegians to register their first 2019 season win over Carey
St Bernards to account for De La and start 3-0
SKOBS to demolish Old Brighton by 10 goals +

Wow! Hipp very active after a xavs win!

Surely favourites for the flag now?

Hard not be excited and up and about after another big weekend of VAFA footy. X-Men do have a great win. Jarrod Waite stars but the Claret and Stout still too good. SKOBafl push hard with back to back goals on a couple of occasions to close the gap to under 2 goals..but the blood and tars respond and respond well. What a game of footy.
SKOBafl still favourite at Hippbet. Waite is the biggest ‘ring in’ bring in, in VAFA history. Great for VAFA fans to see him strutting his stuff. Just wonderful. He keeps them slight favs IMO.
Then Claret and Stout.
Uni Blues also right in the mix.
Snowdogs on the 4th line.
I do like the Snowdogs. I wrote a little song about them during yesterday’s game..I call it ‘Not another Caven’
You are lining up in position and the home crowd is duly ravin,
Oh crap I’m being manned up by a Caven.
It’s men vs boys out here, I haven’t even begun shaven,
Oh crap I’m also on a Caven.
K Jaksch is looking focused, ‘I’m gonna play well..no mis behaven’,
Oh no I’m getting picked up by a Caven.
FTLOTG.

OX v SKOB. Both teams with some good talent out. However the lads of Toorak Park stood up when needed. The big guns delivered on both sides, and Waite was obviously good but didn’t get a kick outside of the 5 he had at goal. The young fellas of OX were at their best and SKOB didn’t match the heat. Yesterday screamed of a GF match up, something brewing at the Orrong Hotel....

Hard not be excited and up and about after another big weekend of VAFA footy. X-Men do have a great win. Jarrod Waite stars but the Claret and Stout still too good. SKOBafl push hard with back to back goals on a couple of occasions to close the gap to under 2 goals..but the blood and tars respond and respond well. What a game of footy.
SKOBafl still favourite at Hippbet. Waite is the biggest ‘ring in’ bring in, in VAFA history. Great for VAFA fans to see him strutting his stuff. Just wonderful. He keeps them slight favs IMO.
Then Claret and Stout.
Uni Blues also right in the mix.
Snowdogs on the 4th line.
I do like the Snowdogs. I wrote a little song about them during yesterday’s game..I call it ‘Not another Caven’
You are lining up in position and the home crowd is duly ravin,
Oh crap I’m being manned up by a Caven.
It’s men vs boys out here, I haven’t even begun shaven,
Oh crap I’m also on a Caven.
K Jaksch is looking focused, ‘I’m gonna play well..no mis behaven’,
Oh no I’m getting picked up by a Caven.
FTLOTG.
My god you've gone to another level, you could sing it on the Tragics , like Bob Murph does on SEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back