Match Discussion VAFA Premier C Rd 13 2011 Fitzroy v Old Camberwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 20, 2009
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FITZROY FC, NY Mets, Melbourne Aces
This weekend Fitzroy are away, playing Old Camberwell at Gordon Bernard Reserve, Balwyn Road, North Balwyn.

Fitzroy are coming off a great win at home last week whilst OC lost to Mazenod b 28 point at home.

OC have only won 3 games this year and are struggling in 9th place on the ladder. One of their wins however was against one of Premier C's powerhouse side in Werribee who smashed the Roys the next week.

The Roys beat OC at home in round 4: 121 to 77 and should be able to account for them again tomorrow, but they can't take them too lightly.

In other news. Will Pickering needs one goal to take himself to 50 for the season.
Dima Kynigopoulos comes back into the side after booting 5 in the 2nds last week and Nick O'Reilly (Jimmy's brother) also returns from injury.

I feel that winning this match should see us safe from any chance of careening to the bottom two regardless of any late season catastrophes. It could also be the perfect trampolene to a finals spot as other teams still have to play the top 2, while we do not. Lose it and we will have to be very careful.

One of our players had the ball in his hands inside our 50 when the siren went.

We had our chances, but loosing Pickering before the game and Harry Topp in the first half certainly didn't help.

The problem wasn't so much the ball being in his hands.

It's only really the game ending right then that I got annoyed by. He was pretty wide but had no one in front of him so he was sprinting forward to get a better shot.

But we really should have had the game won much earlier.

My picks for best on ground would be Ben Atherton and Rory Angiolella, both of them kept running all day (Rory generally running straight through opposition players). Without those two our mistakes would have seen us getting beaten by a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the opposition coaching stats OC had 12 more inside 50s, 8 more scoring shots, and won the game by 3 points.

I hardly think this is the one that got away for my former alma mater. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back