Match Discussion VAFA Premier C Rd 9 2011 Fitzroy v Ormond

Feb 20, 2009
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FITZROY FC, NY Mets, Melbourne Aces
Local Footy's back!

Fitzroy take on Ormond who they've built up a bit of a rivalry with.

It's at Ormonds home ground E.E. Gunn Reserve Malane Street Ormond

Note that these scores are posted on Bigfooty, on Facebook and on Twitter (DannyMbling)>thru to>VAFA Live Scores (choose LiveScores link). Other sources (eg Roys Fantasy FC legend Shaz) also post scores to Twitter>VAFA-LiveScores. Harry Potter is also updating the Fitzroy FC website with the details.

Feb 20, 2009
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FITZROY FC, NY Mets, Melbourne Aces
It turns out that Ormond are hard to beat if you let number 7 play unmanned all day in your forward line. He probably took more marks from Fitzroy kicks than the good guys did.

Maroon Goon

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
In fact, per Shaz: Ormond held on to win by 13 points. Ormond 12.15.87 to Fitzroy 12.2.74.
Geez think i will be leaving the scores to the officials of the club from now on- As Arriving Late for the senior game i was informed by 3 people that roys got done by 13 points. Also The scoreboard has Perspex on the front and ALL DAY it was shining and it Didn't matter what angle i was on i just COULDN'T read it.
And the usual after match RUSH to get to the Bar by all around and the badgering to hurry up and get there is Really starting to distract from any job at hand.

Maroon Goon

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
All your efforts are appreciated Goonman! I compile and publish everyone's contribution. More the merrier. Sounds like it was hard to get scores. I added Shaz's score simply because it included the actual scores as well as the margin.

But don't starve yourself to send scores!

Its not a big deal. But at the south end moorabbin end i couldn't even make out a score with the perspex covering. And Even the Northern end goals square just COULD NOT make out a decent score. Only way to make out the scores proper where from the middle of the ground quarter time. Was the only way you could see what was going on. Lots of Foolery and goings on behind the goals to as we where getting Flogged so we forgot about the game and told childish schoolboy jokes for most the remains of the game.

Back